“Nice Teppanyaki experience” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Benihana

Benihana
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #35 of 229 Restaurants in Cupertino
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Large groups
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Wolfe Road & Vallco Parkway / Stevens Creek Blvd.
Wokingham, Uk
“Nice Teppanyaki experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2012

Good teppanyaki restaurant attached to Vallco shopping center. Limited menu, but fun eating experience with all food cooked at the table.

Visited October 2011

• Korean first
“Average food w/ the show”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2011

I was in the mood for Sushi after a week after wine and dine in American restaurant in SJ/SC area. We picked Benihana since it is on the list of hotel's recommendation list. We sat down at the table along with 2 other parties. And since I wasn't there for fried rice, I had sushi and sashimi. While it wasn't bad, it didn't wow me either. The cook probably didn't like the fact that I didn't order fried rice the others. The presentation including volcano (without flame) didn't impress me.
I will not come back and wouldn't recommend fir any body unless you would want to see fried rice make in front of you.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
California
“Better off going to House of Gengi”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2008

We love these Japanese cook-at-the-table restaurants, and we have been to many of them in many different cities.

The Benihana in Cupertino is a little weak. The cooking performances are not nearly as good as what you can see elsewhere. Also, on two different occasions we had to wait over half an hour past our reservation time before being seated. That wasn't a huge problem, but when you are paying these types of prices for a meal, you expect a little better service.

We prefer the House of Gengi in San Jose. The cooking performances are much better, the food is great, and the service is excellent. After giving Benihana two chances to impress us, we will just be going to House of Gengi from now on.

Northern California
“Very good food, great service, a little on the costly side”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2008

We had a birthday dinner there, a party of 9 seated around the Teppan grill.

Food and service were very good - yes the exhibition cookery where the chef does tricks with the utensils is a bit hokey but it's all in good fun. The food was very well prepared Because our party ordered a variety of entrees, the chef was cooking right in front of us for about 45 minutes, arms flying around the whole time. I had the seafood and it was very good.

My son had a sushi appetizer, and pronounced it the best sushi he had ever tasted (and he loves sushi).

Dinner was about $400 for 9 of us, which included about 5 drinks between us, 2 appetizers, and 1 dessert - in other words the bulk of the cost was for the entrees, which are complete dinners, so about $45 per person.

USA
“Benihana Fan Visits Cupertino Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2008

I love Benihana. I have been going to this restaurant for years, and I try to visit every restaurant. I even collect the little buddhas that they have! I have never been to Cupertino so I was excited to visit this restaurant. I love the new look. It is very trendy. The food and show was also delicious. You really get a lot for your money- soup, salad, main course, dessert and an entertaining show!