“Great location” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Cupertino
Denver
“Great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

The rooms are clean. The bed was comfortable. Only negative is the water pressure. Free internet is nice. Also has free parking. Walking distance to several restaurants. Has a fitness room and a pool as well.

• 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Marblehead, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

Rooms seem new. Beds are comfortable. Bathrooms are ok. Shower pressure is very light. Oddly there's an empty refrigerator in the bathroom. Not sure what that's for. Bar area is nice. Gym is functional. They only have two treadmills, but they are good quality. The hotel is conveniently located to local businesses. Overall, a good place to stay if your business travels bring you to Cupertino and you don't want to stay in Palo Alto.

• 4 of 5 stars
Kylie O, Starwood Hotels & Resorts at Aloft Cupertino, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. Thank you for your great review! We hope that you will keep us in mind during your next trip. Take care.
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

As a resident of the area, I stayed with my family at the new Aloft in Cupertino twice to see if it was a good hotel for relatives to stay for a Bar Mitzvah. Oy, sometimes the Aloft has ants in the rooms and bathrooms (common seasonally in Silicon Valley; if I can keep ants out of my house, so can Aloft). There is a refrigerator in the bathroom that I felt was an unsanitary and weird placement. Another problem with the bathrooms: the entire hotel ha only showers, not good when traveling with children who need to bathe.

The prices are a study in hotel extremes: during a Saturday we got rooms for $139. Things get far higher during the week; on a Wednesday they were asking for $399 a night for the same room. The fact that Apple is right down the street might explain both why people are paying high rates and why I found the hotel to be fully booked when I tried to get rooms during the week on several dates.

However, the hotel is fresh, innovative,and fun to explore because it is different. The lobby design is multifunctional and modern, more like an urban boutique hotel than a cookie cutter Courtyard-type place in the suburbs. At night , the lobby is active with guests at a cool bar and many open seating areas for conversation. In the morning there is a hot and cold breakfast bar with a limited but creative menu that made kids and adults happy.

The rooms were fresh and clean, due to both good housekeeping and the newness of the hotel. The furniture was very functional, well designed with clean lines and thought given to the way the guest would use the room. The bed was comfortable, linens were more than we expected. The amenities are by Bliss; my kids loved the mini version of Bliss's Big Blue Bar soap. Bliss's shampoo and conditioner are in pump units glued to the wall; again mixed reviews as some liked the streamlined/spa-like ease of soap on the wall; others were sad not to have mini Bliss bottles to take home.

The staff is very professional and helpful; even the overnight staff was patient and capable.
Looking at the sum of our experiences, Aloft works well if you are paying $139 and the staff has found a way to take care of the ants. If you prefer new hotels, enjoy innovative ideas in hotels, this is your kind of place.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Antoinella
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

I spent one night at Aloft last week. Really cool vibe and unique brand. The staff is great and very helpful. The guest rooms are spacious and comfortable. You can walk to several restaurants in the area or just stay in the hotel lounge.

Happy Valley, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

I am a road warrior and have stay at this property two nights a week. As much as I travel, I like to stay at properties that make my stay feel like I am at home. The Aloft Cupertino, has exceed my high expecations of the "home away from home" experience. Thank you!

The service is first class and the people do a great job of making this happen! I have stayed at many Aloft properties and like them all. However, this property is special and does a great job of making my stay fun and enjoyable. Enrique

New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

This was a totally disappointing hotel. The design of the rooms is poor, and the layout of the hotel did not take privacy into consideration. Given the small size, pool view rooms look right into the rooms of other guests, and outside rooms are about 10 feet from office windows next door. Your only option is to pull the shades which darkens the room completely. There were ants in my room, and the hotel manager assured me that this being taken care of immediately. Shampoo/soap dispensers are attached to the wall as if I was in a hostel - not my idea of a $350/night room.

In all, the hotel staff was very friendly and professional, but there were too many mistakes made during my short visit to warrant staying here again. I was given the wrong room at booking, and there were numerous times I was misinformed about hotel amenities, etc.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask to see the room first because the design isn't consistent from room to room. A...
1 Thank Michael C
Kylie O, Starwood Hotels & Resorts at Aloft Cupertino, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Dear Michael C,

We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your recent stay with us. Please rest assured your comments have been addressed with our team and properly handled. We appreciate you taking the opportunity to share your feedback with us and apologize for any inconvenience you experienced as we strive to provide each of our guests with a superior and memorable stay. We hope you give us another try in the future. Take care.
Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

My son and I were staying at Aloft for one night while attending a graduation in Palo Alto. So, we booked a room with two double-beds. Or so we thought.

Upon arrival, the staff informed us that we did not receive the room we had asked for; instead, our room had one king-sized bed and that they would bring an additional bed for my son.

Later, a staff member arrived with my son's "bed". We were expecting your typical hotel rollaway bed, but instead, we were given an air mattress. Yes, that's right. An air mattress. And no, in case you're wondering, this was not a second grader's slumber party. Furthermore, the air mattress was not even equipped with sheets, but rather a Hello Kitty-knockoff sleeping bag for my fifteen year old son. SON.

We made do by taking apart the improperly-made bed and using the sheets from the bed for my son's air mattress. However, upon moving the couch to make room, we discovered a used tissue. Gross.

Finally, while washing up, my son found and killed an army of ants in the bathroom. Also gross.

While it was only a one night stay, this hotel is in poor condition. Watch out!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Gary10100
Dear Gary10100,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. Cleanliness is very important to us and we sincerely apologize for the issues you experienced at our property. We have shared your comments with our team to ensure that our rooms are in top notch condition. We hope we can make this up to you should you give us another chance. Please feel free to reach out to our General Manager at jeff.zogg@aloftcupertino.com should you wish to discuss your experience further. Again, we sincerely apologize for the issues you experienced during your stay and hope that the rest of your visit in Cupertino was a good one.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cupertino
Juniper Hotel
Aloft San Jose Cupertino
#26 of 76 in San Jose
4.0 of 5 stars 373 reviews
Wild Palms Hotel - a Joie de Vivre Hotel

Been to Aloft Cupertino? Share your experiences!