“Trendy environment, moderatly priced”
Review of Aloft Cupertino

Aloft Cupertino
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Cupertino
Reviewed January 29, 2014

I stayed in this hotel for one night while on business in Cupertino. Pricing aside, I was very pleased with the facility and staff. Everything in the room was comfortable and pleasing, although there were details in the room that I could not figure out if they were overlooked or meant to be part of the theme/style (for example, portions of plastic wrap adhered to stainless steel portions of closet). The single-serve in-room coffee was excellent (hard to believe, I know)! One complimentary bottle of water was provided as a Starwood Preferred promotion. As might be expected in "Apple Town, USA" the TV had Apple TV connected. I loved this feature, but it is also weird since previous guests had saved their log-in information (these units are designed for home use, not hotel). Breakfast was not complimentary but was worth the cost--well prepared and attended. I did not partake in the outdoor pool or nightclub, but they both seemed inviting. I am typically a low-budget traveler in non-metro areas, so I was not impressed by the price. However, for this area, the price was good for the quality.

Reviewed January 28, 2014

Adopting the new model of 'low service' hotels the "W" has started Aloft. The rooms are super clean, "W" styling, and have great coffee and a mini frig where you can put your own drinks and snacks. The staff is super helpful and they have a little kitchen where they'll make you a breakfast and there are all the snacks you'd want for purchase in the lobby - juice, milk and espressos.

lovely lobby to hang out near the bar and even a small pool and sunning deck!

Room Tip: Assuming you're not on a romantic vacation, it doesn't matter but some rooms overlook the pa...
Reviewed January 28, 2014

I stayed in late January for both business (weekday) & pleasure (weekend) and was very happy with the services provided. First, because of the dual nature of my trip, I split my reservation in two and that was handled with no problem. We tried early check-in but there was nothing available - Tino and a female colleague (didn't get her name) both were very helpful in trying to get a room for us available as soon as possible. While waiting, we were able to enjoy a public pool table (in the restaurant/bar area which is quiet during the day).

For the business portion of my trip, Tino helped arrange a complementary shuttle ride and I was taken to my office location by the GM, Jeff Zogg. Mr. Zogg cared about whether my stay was pleasant - we had a good discussion about Aloft properties and the area during the ride.

The rooms, as others have stated, are straight-forward and comfortable (great value for the price). Since the hotel is about 1 year old, most of the furniture is in good shape. Wifi is free/included and is a reasonably high bandwidth. I heard that the end corner rooms are better - I don't have personal experience since my room was in the middle, but higher floors are presumably quieter if you have a room off of De Anza (we had a 3rd floor room facing De Anza and it wasn't bad).

Parking underneath is plentiful and free. Location is very close to Apple, one exit from Cupertino Village, and close to both I-280 & Hwy 85. There is a pool which is kept at 80 degrees - I did not know that or else I would have packed appropriately (it was not busy but it is the winter).

Great stay - look forward to staying again in my next visit to the Cupertino area.

Room Tip: High floor; corner (probably not facing De Anza).
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Nikki_Por, Guest Relations Manager at Aloft Cupertino, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2014

We appreciate your feedback about your recent stay at our hotel. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time in Cupertino and that you were able to take advantage of many of our free amenities. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to town.

Reviewed December 16, 2013

I stayed here while visiting my mother for Thanksgiving. It was a great stay with nice size rooms with a cool trendy bar. Very comparable to the W, quite frankly, I would stay at the aloft over the W.

Overall: Great location, trendy amentities, plenty of parking, great staff, competitive price.
Cons: None

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Nikki_Por, Starwood Hotels at Aloft Cupertino, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2013

Thank you for your review. We're glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope you had a great Thanksgiving with your mother!

Reviewed December 11, 2013

My husband and I and my mother stayed at Aloft Cupertino over Thanksgiving. Jeff Zogg, general manager, and his staff went above and beyond to make our stay comfortable and convenient. Beautiful, comfortable, and quiet rooms. Walking distance to Philz! Can't say enough good things. The only oddity to the room was the slow-draining sink, as mentioned in another review.

Reviewed December 3, 2013

Stayed there over Thanksgiving holiday. I stay at a lot of hotels for business and this is the best one I've stayed in awhile. Comfortable, clean room. Love the apple TV. Great staff! Free parking! All that I love in a hotel. Will definitely stay again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to hear our hotel met your expectations and that you'll be back! We hope you had a great time in Cupertino over the holiday.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

Stylish, comfortable, great location, good business hotel, close to the big companies in Cupertino. The room is good size, clean, and well-organized. Housekeeping is prompt and attentive. The front desk clerks are helpful. The only drawback is lack of room service, but you can order from a small menu at the bar and they will package it to-go for you to take to your room.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Nikki_Por, Starwood Hotels at Aloft Cupertino, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

Thank you for sharing your your experience and writing a review. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay. We hope to welcome you back again the next time you are in Cupertino.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cupertino
Cupertino Inn
#18 of 75 in San Jose
The Domain Hotel
The Domain Hotel
#4 of 33 in Sunnyvale

Been to Aloft Cupertino? Share your experiences!