I work for a company with an office very close to the new Aloft Cupertino; right there on De Anza, actually, within walking distance. I've stayed at the Cupertino Inn a mile or so down the street. And, I've stayed at the Kimpton's Cypress Hotel located caddy-corner to this location. Of the three, my favorite - after just the one stay - is Aloft.
Don't get me wrong, the other two hotels I've enjoyed as well. (Cupertino Inn has a great happy hour every day from 5-7; while the Cypress is chic and elegant.) Yet, Aloft stands out because of the little things:
1. "Refuel": an upscale convenience store, of sorts. Pick up a quick bite from a good selection of options. You can get a Lean Cuisine if you want, but I opted for the bean and cheese burrito for my arrival day lunch and a cup of fresh berries. The berries I ended up having one every day because they were so freaking awesomely delicious. You can even get a cooked breakfast at the little counter. Not just for food, if you need any personal items, they have a selection of those as well for purchase.
The seating area is very Apple store meets coffee-house chic, with options from high bar tables and rather comfy stools, to low banquettes adorned with Lichtenstein-inspired pillows. There's an outside seating area with heating lamps, though I didn't see any good tables, so I never ate out there.
2. AppleTV: I was able to log-in to my Netflix account and watch things I had queued up. Lots of options. One issue: in order to get back to 'regular' TV, the remote didn't work - I had to turn off the TV and turn it back on again. Not a big hassle, but something to note should you stay here.
3. Style: Now I was expecting really more of a loft styling, which is actually barely there (note the front-mounted sliding panels for doors - that's about it). Yet, the room was sleek but inviting. Lots of what looked like maybe bamboo veneers for the wood surfaces. One wall was covered entirely in a warm dark gray corrugated fabric (love!). The bed was firm and comfy.
The elevators are mostly black-lit, which I found rather soothing/calming. Only on my last morning did I notice that the floors of the elevator, which I had til then thought looked only like blue-splattered laminate tiles, were actually 'smushy', like those old oil stickers from the 80s. Meaning, you step on them and the blue liquid inside moves around. Sorta cool.
The front desk was always quick to help, and the cleanliness and maid service seemed above par.
I highly recommend the Aloft.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aloft Cupertino is perfectly situated in the heart of Cupertino, nestled between Apple headquarters and many other major tech corporations. Our tech-savvy Cupertino hotel features Apple TV(R) in every guest room, plus we're just a short drive from the trendy shops and restaurants of Santana Row. Walking distance to many great shops and restaurants. Our open-concept Re:mix lobby, always upbeat W XYZ(R) bar, and private outdoor patio make Aloft the perfect venue for Cupertino events, post-meeting receptions, team-building events, and cocktail hour. Whether you're traveling for work or leisure, Aloft Cupertino is right where you want to be. Experience a day with our Robot "Botlr;" he will deliver you snacks, towels and anything you care for. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood, Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Aloft Cupertino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.