“Amazing First Impression!!!”

Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Cupertino
Carlsbad, California
“Amazing First Impression!!!”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

I have traveled to many hotels over the years, and most seem to blend together. This hotel stood out for me in the best way possible. I was there on business, and my stay started out very well. Check in was so easy at the front desk and I got a great room on the third floor (large walk in shower was perfect for my taste). After finishing my meetings for the day I went to the bar next to the lobby. The bartenders were wonderful. Sara and Carrie made great drinks and food recommendations. The bar is fantastic. They even have a nice menu for food. Just like a W hotel, it was well lit in very cool colors and had lighting effects on the bar counter itself. There were plenty of TV’s and places to lounge. The entire property had a cool, hip vibe to it. There was even a pool table and an outdoor space with additional seating. In the morning I went to the gym there, which had all the equipment I needed for my workout regimen. Again, it was very clean and had brand new exercise equipment, which is always a plus. I had the chance to speak with a few of the managers on property, and they were very personable and passionate about the new hotel. For the business traveler, this is the perfect hotel. And after staying in many of the surrounding Cupertino hotels, there is no question that the Aloft is the place for me. I will be staying here every time I travel to Cupertino.

Room Tip: Order some drinks and apps at the bar
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Nikki_Por, Starwood Hotels at Aloft Cupertino, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to comment on your recent stay, and we are so happy you are choosing us as your go-to Cupertino hotel! We enjoy hearing our guests' perspectives and opinions of our new hotel. See you soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Oakland, California
Reviewed February 13, 2013 via mobile

How can one not fall in love with this place? The rooms are spacious, the bar is perfect, and the staff is invisible but in a good way. This property is built for the Googlers and Applers of the world!

• Stayed February 2013
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Just stayed for the weekend and have a nice time. The lobby and lounge were the best part for me. I like the outdoor seating although I did not get to use. The lobby was clean and fresh and had an energy even when empty.
My room was as expected. Comfortable and very modern. Very good wifi. I was able to connect my ipad to the AppleTV in the room which was cool. I am wondering if Apple allows them to jailbreak this device since they sit so close to their campus. Must be special deal considering how much of a stink they make about jailbroken phones and other devices. Well it had me wondering at least.
The hotel is very convenient to the Flint Center since i was there for a comedy performance. I would recommend it if you were here for business or pleasure.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed February 9, 2013

I was just here for a night on business. Seems like the place just opened recently (there were still contractors here and there). Like other Aloft hotels, this one is hip and stylish. I like the free coffee in the morning and the free internet access (with a good connection). Check in was easy, and my SPG gold status was acknowledged. The room was spacious and the bathroom also a nice size. The bed was very comfortable and the hotel is very clean (again, still quite new). Pet peeves- light and noise. The room gets decently dark at night, but the door to the corridor sits about a half inch above the floor. I put a towel on the floor to cover the crack and hide the light. The room was quiet (I asked for a non-connecting room), but 24/7 there was an odd noise somewhere nearby that sounded like a piece of heavy machinery working (like the humm of the engine of a steam roller). The sink in the bathroom drained very slowly. The location is nice, just off of 280, next door to Apple, and convenient to places to eat.

Santa Barbara, California
Reviewed February 4, 2013

During a recent business trip to Cupertino I decided to stay at the newly opened aloft hotel. At once when you enter this hotel the energy and enthusiasm is palpable.
I was greeted by two helpful and very pleasant front desk staff that checked me in quickly, and briefly pointed out a few of the amenities in and around the lobby. The small café next to the lobby offers many great choices and convenience for food and drink. The rooms are well anointed with blazing internet in and out of your room. Perhaps the coolest amenity are TV’s which I was able to connect to with my Iphone and stream video, pics and search the web….now that’s connectivity!!!.. Also don’t miss the Bar, what welcome difference to that area of Cupertino, gotta go check it out even if you’re not staying at the hotel….. Thanks aloft for putting a little fun into an otherwise run of the mill business trip. ….

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank adam m
Gerlingen
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Well, if you know Aloft, you know the Cupertino site. A brandnew Aloft surrounded by Apple offices. Very nice staff, well lit parking garage and large kitchen with cooked to order food. Good aircondition (hotel type installation) and an AppleTV for your media needs.

Very nice, very good, will come back again....

2 Thank Matthias R
Chico, California
Reviewed February 3, 2013

This property is fantastic! Great ambiance, great location, staff is excellent. It is my new GoTo place in the bay! Located right on the Apple, Inc. campus, I was close to business and shopping and entertainment. Loved my experience!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank CHICOJOSH
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cupertino
Juniper Hotel
Aloft San Jose Cupertino
#26 of 75 in San Jose
Courtyard San Jose Cupertino
Wild Palms Hotel - a Joie de Vivre Hotel

Been to Aloft Cupertino? Share your experiences!