“continues to be good!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Shanghai Garden

Shanghai Garden
Ranked #93 of 229 Restaurants in Cupertino
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Silicon Valley, CA
“continues to be good!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

The lines aren't nearly as crowded as when the restaurant first opened but the food is still as tasty as it ever was. Our family of four shared a table with a party of three but still had to wait around 15 minutes to be seated during peak dinner hour. The menus have changed a bit - now have pictures of about 1/3 of the items offered - I guess pictures of their best selling dishes. I stay away from the "exotic" items like fish gluten or goose liver or sea cucumber but everything I've tried I like. I like to see what other parties order. Everything looks so good I have to go back and try them myself. Will be there in a week or two!

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Silicon Valley, CA
“Currently the best Chinese restaurant around”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2012

Well, I didn't like the wait. Always a wait unless you get there way before or after normal dinner time. But, its worth it! Food comes out amazingly fast after ordering. They cram tables in this place. Waiters and waitresses had a hard time navigating thru the tables and chairs to get to our table in the corner. One waiter actually leaned across another table to hand the dish to one of the guests at my table. I've never seen anything like that before. Only in a Chinese Restaurant! Quite funny actually! I forget the name of it but it was this sweet honey glaze crunchy pork spareribs. Yummy yummy yummy! Yeah probably hella fattening also but once in awhile ok. Also, the juicy pork baked dumplings were also excellent. The best I've ever tasted. Can't go wrong at this restaurant. We've been here no less than 10 times in the last year. That sez it all!

Visited November 2012