“Dinner at Fontana's”
Review of Fontana's

Fontana's
Reserve with OpenTable
Fontana's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 236 Restaurants in Cupertino
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: DeAnza Blvd.
Description: Fontana's serves delicious, Italian cuisine with a California/Mediterranean influence, in a casually elegant, comfortable and spacious setting. All dishes, including the desserts, are made fresh on the premises. Conveniently located in the heart of Silicon Valley on Steven's Creek Blvd. near popular shops, De Anza College, Flint Center and downtown Cupertino, you can enjoy the freshest seafood, pasta, chicken, steaks, and lamb attractively presented with the experience of dining in Italy.
Cernusco sul Naviglio, Italy
“Dinner at Fontana's”
Reviewed November 11, 2012

The location is easy to find, the waiter was so friendly. I ordered a dish of pasta with vongole that was pretty good, I think pasta was hand made!! The appetizer was good too. Just the wine was a bit expensive, at least for my standard - 10$ for a glass!!! So not a bad italian restaurant

Visited November 2012
1 Thank ref43

Folsom, California
“Best South Bay Italian Restaurant”
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Having come to Fontana's for 10 yrs I can tell you unequivocally this IS the best Italian restaurant in the South Bay.
Atmosphere, ambiance, food, service amazing. From the fresh bread arriving to the table HOT, to ANY of the pasta dishes, you will never be disappointed here.
To be honest, we have experienced the occasional "off" night (for whatever back-of-house issues that can sometimes plague any restaurant), we know we will have a wonderful meal here generally (unless we are given an honest explanation by staff. It's actually one of the last restaurants where you can still get profiteroles for dessert (don't pass them up!).

Kitchener, Canada
“Very good Italian in Cupertino”
Reviewed July 21, 2012

After four visits to Indian restaurants in four days, it was time for something different, and we decided to have some Italian food. A colleague recommended Fontana's to us, and we definitely did not regret the choice.

I selected a Caprese appetizer; this is sliced tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, basil and pesto, not much cooking involved but the key is fresh ingredients, and Fontana's came through with flying colours here: the flavours were as fresh and bright as one would hope and expect for a Caprese.

For main course, I had Capellini e Capesante: angel-hair pasta with sauteed scallops, pancetta and spinach in a light cream sauce. Very, very nice! The portions are not terribly large, it was OK for me but people who are looking for very filling dinners might not feel completely sated even after an appetizer and a main course.

My colleague had the Insalata Gorgonzola (romaine lettuce with gorgonzola and walnuts) and one of the daily specials, grilled swordfish, and enjoyed his meal thoroughly as well.

The overall dinner cost, excluding the wine but including two double espressos, was about $80 for two people, plus tip.

• Visited July 2012
Sunnyvale, California
“Birthday dinners are a tradition”
Reviewed June 11, 2012

We frequent Fontana's often for birthday and anniversary celebrations. It is a lovely place with white table cloths and a fireplace. Too bad it is on a busy street across from a Target. I would love to be able to enjoy the outdoor seating in the summer, but the atmosphere just isn't conducive to that. Outside seating aside, I love Fontana's! The whole family has their favorites from the rack of lamb, the roast chicken or the gnocchi, everything is delicious. Their dessert is enjoyable as well, even though I am usually stuffed by the end of the entree. We stick to our favorites of apple strudel and berries flambe. The berries aren't flambéed at the table, but it's still yummy. Being that we do go there about once a month, there have been times when the food hasn't been up to par. The wait staff couldn't be nicer in replacing the meal or bringing out more food. Once, my husband ordered mashed potatoes without the goat cheese and they forgot. He mentioned it and it was replaced with a gigantic serving of the garlic mashed potatoes that we then all got to share in. That's a bonus to me rather than a negative. I always recommend Fontana's to my friends.

• Visited March 2012
Wokingham, Uk
“Nice atmosphere and good menu”
Reviewed February 19, 2012

Very good Italian restaurant with a great menu and good atmosphere. Well located for nearby Cypress Hotel.

Visited December 2011