“Affordable dining, wonderful atmosphere”

Park Place Restaurant
Ranked #42 of 236 Restaurants in Cupertino
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Steven's Creek
Transit: From San Jose Bus #23 to Stevens Creek and DeAnza Blvd. From Sunnyvale/Saratoga Bus #55 to Stevens Creek
Description: It's unhurried sophistication. Abandon the tie. Circle your friends. Relax. Inside Park Place Restaurant + Bar, you'll find an airy Mediterranean-inspired ambiance, one that casually combines different textures - high and low tables, interior lighting that subtly enhances its external counterpart, and the graceful elegance of wood carried throughout.
Reviewed April 14, 2013

+ Outside seating facing the sun in late afternoon
+ Good quality food (I've had a Mediterranean plate and crab chowder - both lovely as well as wine)
+ Very nicely priced (I was lucky to hit their happy hour 4:30-6:30pm where selected entrees came up at $5 rather than $12+)
+ Cool English-style bar
- The restaurant staff left me with the menu at the terrace for 20 minutes w/o attention, I had to walk in to place an order. They were very nice to me since then, though.
Overall nice experience, I'd definitely come back again.

Katherine H, General Manager at Park Place Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2013

Janpopovic-
Thank you for the kind words. I'm glad that you were to enjoy the wonderful atmosphere that Northern California has to offer. We do have a great patio for sippin' cocktails and enjoying appetizers with good friends! We hope you get a chance to come back and enjoy our summer weather soon!
Safe travels.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Living in San Francisco, maybe my expectation of food is higher than most. I'm definitely a foodie. Went to park place after checking reviews from a few online sites.

Expected an upscale restaurant, but not an in hotel restaurant. Wanted to take an Aunt on a Sunday lunch and where we could talk. It's nice here and definitely upscale.

My crab eggs Benedict, my husbands crab omelette, and aunts chicken apple sausage were good. ( I did have to send my first Benedict back because the poached eggs were raw, whites runny.

Thank you for the review! I'm so happy that you were able to spend a nice lunch with your aunt. If you find yourself in Cupertino again youshould come back and enjoy the patio for dining, We're moving into summer which is perfect for outdoor dining!

Reviewed March 9, 2013

I frequently use this restaurant for business meetings and non-formal interviewing engineers. The food is good - I have not encountered a dish I did not like yet - and prices are reasonable.

The place's atmosphere is very relaxed and informal.

Recommended.

Katherine H, General Manager at Park Place Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2013

Thank you for the kind words! We are sure are the go-to place in Cupertino for business lunches! We hope to see you again in the near future.
Make sure to say hello to myself or Chef Brad the next time you stop in!

Reviewed March 5, 2013

The food and service was good but not great not great. The drinks are very expensive at the bar. One great thing is that if your staying at the hotel it makes everything that much better.

Thank you for the feedback Robert. "Good" is good but not good enough! Hopefully we'll knock it out of the ballpark next time. Make sure to stop in and say hello to myself or Chef Brad the next time you find yourself in the area!

Reviewed January 26, 2013

We are enjoying our stay at The Cypress. While we don't usually frequent ''in hotel restaurants'' we did get some good reviews here and we booked on OpenTable as we coped 1000 points due to an early seating. Our waitress was Ashley who was super nice and kind. She helped us with the menu as it was a new seasonal menu. Would have tried the Duck small plate, but the wife would have none of that this evening (long story).

We did have the Beet Salad (portions are large enough, you can split with your mate). That was a nice warm up for the entree... the SanFran Fettuccine which came with calamari, mussels, clams, shrimp and some white fish. This was served in a very light and not overwhelming marinara sauce. The flavors were bold and you could enjoy the seafood. Bread was plentiful, a combo of a couple offerings. To top things off we did a dessert as we had some room left... option (without any second thought) was for the Elvis Presley Banana Split (complete with bacon on top.... yes, you put bacon on anything and it WILL make it all the better).

Wife had a Chocolate Well Vodka Martini ($10). So dinner for two (splitting salad and entree) came to $50. I brought in a glass of complementary wine served in the lobby of the hotel and they didn't fuss about that one bit. Saleeby Score is a 8.5/10. So a bit better than the usual Very Good but not quite Excellent.