“Convenient and tasty!”

Cuisines: American, European
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed October 12, 2013

Our family loved this place! Great food, friendly service. In the same building complex as the economy hotel in which we were staying for a touring visit to LA. I had the garden omelette for Sunday morning brunch. My son, the brioche french toast, which was at least 2" thick and delicious. Dinners were carefully prepared and enjoyably unique. Unfortunately, I'm writing this review a year later (putting it off for too long!) so I can't remember the names of the dishes we had. WHAT I DO REMEMBER very well is the kind and attentive wait servers who also helped us find our way around the city. Minutes away from Santa Monica.

Reviewed April 17, 2013

This small cafe offers very interesting and flavorful dishes. We went for dinner but I understand from many locals that it is a really good breakfast destination.

Our waitress was perky, informative and clearly knew all of the dishes on the menu. She suggested the Ahi appetizer over English pea hummus, which was unbelievably good. For entrees we had the whole trout with perfect sauteed spinach and a mound of just-right mashed potatoes. We also ordered the Osso Buco, a perfectly cooked lamb with a mound of pappardelle which melts in your mouth.

The atmosphere is very "dinerish" so don't expect something elegant and romantic. Bare table tops, paper napkins, little art. However, that's exactly how they can keep serving a perfect Osso Buco for $18!

1  Thank JMETravel
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Small restaurant recommended for breakfast or lunch. I got terrible food poisoning from the Californian omelet. I felt queasy halfway through my breakfast. Within the hour I barfed for 3 hours and had the runs for 2 days solid and was stuck to my hotel room.

Reviewed August 13, 2012

Although a full menu, this restaurant had a nice ethnic touch. I later found out that it was Serbian. The night we were there, the place seemed to be filled with college students. This was evidently the place to be! Great menu, not one single complaint!

1  Thank Seniortravelalot
Reviewed August 4, 2012

We had breakfast 6 days in a row here due to our stay at the place next to it. The blueberry pancakes are awesome! I am not a pancake fan but ate every bite of it because it was full of fresh, juicy blueberries. My son did not like it because he's used to the frozen blueberry waffles and said it tasted funny. Tells you a little about my parenting, doesn't it?

Had the French toast another morning and ate every bit of that. Had the sauteed banana pancakes and that was yummy but not as good as the blueberry pancakes. Had scrambled eggs and it came with a piece of papaya--how awesome is that!! My son had the fresh fruit bowl/cup and it had all sorts of berries in it in addtion to the cantaloupe, honeydew, bananas, oranges. Our only complaint was that the honeydew wasn't very ripe.

There is no kids menu but if you ask for the drink in a plastic cup w/ a lid, they will gladly oblige.

The service, as other reviewers have indicated, can be spotty. We saw good service on some days and slow service on other days. This is not the place for you if you are in a rush. If you have time and a good companion/conversationalist with you, breakfast will be a good experience!