“Clean but” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Culver City
Dayton, Ohio
“Clean but”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

Overall the hotel meets minimal requirements; clean (beds & carpet), great employees and simple breakfast. But it is old and the wear & tear shows in the furniture, bathroom, dressing area outside. It wasn't very appealing to walk up the stairs to our room and see all the discarded AC, mats, brooms etc. Same with the far end of the walk ways. There was some stains on the walls, steps, walk ways. However, It did serve its purpose of having clean sheets, good AC and hot, strong showers.

Room Tip: Ask the clerk to show you the room you are being put into before signing in.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Paul P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014 via mobile

1) RUDE PEOPLE WORK THERE
2) ROOMS ARE FILTHY & RUN DOWN
3) SOCKS STICK TO CARPET LIKE VELCRO
4) BREAKFAST IS GROSS! AND THE FRONT DESK STAFF BREATHES DOWN YOUR NECK IF YOU SHOW UP THERE. THEN THEY TEXT THEIR FRIENDS ON FB AT A TABLE NEXT TO YOU!!
Hated it! Picked up our stuff into the back to the nasty room!
Just rude as hell!
4) GHETTO LOCATION
Very close to the freeway for
fast getaway tho!
5) NOT WORTH THE PRICE!

I Cannot express enough here just how disgusting being in that room was. It was impossible to sleep. You can hear everything through the walls and it's just filthy dirty! There was absolutely nothing comforting about staying in that god awful room. I was edgy the entire time I was there, and could not wait for my stay to be over, and because I got sick I was stuck in that room.

My Lord I wish there was a way to shout this from the highest mountain top, but please don't stay here!!!!!

• Stayed October 2013
2 Thank Debrasong

Travelers are raving about these Culver City hotels

Boston, MA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

I wanted to be close to downtown LA with free parking and ease of getting in/out and access to highways. This placed served that purpose. The front desk staff were very helpful & nice. The place looks dirty. It had stains all over chairs and the carpets. One day I saw the maids washing one of their cars using guest towels. Thank god I take my own towel. There are people smoking in the balconies in front of your room and you get to smell their smoke since the air intake of the air conditioning is right there. It included the continental breakfast which was sufficient for me. It felt like a truck stop. parking was ample and it is very convenient to get to places and the area is not as congested as the rest of LA. The price was OK (140/per night for 3 people) including the breakfast & parking. The Wi-Fi worked very well and my cell phone had ample coverage as well.

Room Tip: Get a room on the 3rd floor and closer to the front and not the back of the inn.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Rostam
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014

"The cleaning lady stole my ring and didn't turn it in."

May 21- morning
Cleaning lady asked if we wanted our room cleaned. We said "no because it's messy." There were personal items everywhere and frankly we didn't want anyone touching our stuff. That night we came back to a very clean room. Bed was made, there were fresh soap and towel. All our personal belongings were neatly stashed into one corner. We thought that was nice even tho we said no to cleaning it.

May 22- morning
We checked out at 10am. We didn't find problems yet everything ran smoothly... So we thought.
Noon- I noticed I wasn't wearing me ring. I remembered taking it off the night before and placing it on the table next to the bed. But I had no phone with me to call no wifi anywhere.
Midnight- finally got back to another hotel we checked in at after ramada. I called the front desk to ask about my missing ring. The lady was really rude about it "she told me it was too late and to call back tomorrow because it didn't turn up" and hung up on me.

So 1) the cleaninglady took it and kept it for herself
2) they don't vacuum their rooms well or clean them thoroughly......

Because if they did they should found it if it had fallen down the table.

• Stayed May 2014
3 Thank lmsambire
Charlotte, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

Stayed here for a week for business visit... $100 per night might be a bit over priced for the room conditions and cleanliness.

Rooms are just about decent.. well furnished but pretty old.. high time the carpets/chairs are replaced!!

I think by the 2nd or 3rd day, the toilet got clogged and a bit messy.. But the staff was extremely helpful .. Always available both on call and in person, they got it sorted out I guess. Never faced any other issues for the rest of my stay.

Pros - The hotel is centrally located in Culver City and public transportation to/from the hotel is pretty convenient for most attractions.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business