“Loved this little hotel”
Review of The Culver Hotel

Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Culver City
Reviewed April 1, 2013

We stayed here on a family trip in August 2012. I regret not being able to write a review until now (April 2013).

This boutique hotel is small, but it is very clean, very well kept and the one place I will stay at next time I have to come out to the Los Angeles area. I loved the decor and upon entering the hotel I felt like I had left the filth of LA outside and could relax.
The building is older so they have one little elevator servicing all the floors. If you don't want to wait there is a nice wide set of stairs in the atrium area.
We decided to stay here after reading hundreds of reviews on other area hotels. We planned on visiting Disneyland and nothing in the area of the park seemed to review that well.

This hotel is a bit of a drive to Disneyland because of LA traffic- but we expected it.

While this hotel is what I would call a boutique hotel they were welcoming to a family of four: two adults, a six year old and a 16 year old. There are no activities for children but we came for a clean quiet place to rest not entertainment. If you have small children they will not enjoy this hotel unless you plan on just sleeping here as we did. Again, this is not a hotel with entertainment options for children. There is no pool and I don't think they have a fitness facility- I did not see one. But the rooms are comfortable and inviting.

Our room was a decent size with two double beds, a desk, a chair and a small closet. The bathroom was spotless as was the room. The shower in the bathroom leaked over the side of the tub on the floor. I put towels down to collect the water but I think this is an installation flaw in the glass pane that is supposed to keep the water in the shower. I reported it to the manager on duty when we checked out.
The windows do open and don't have screens. But the room was quiet even though one side of the building is on the street and the other on a courtyard/shopping area.
We all slept great and never once were we disturbed by noises from the hallway or outside.

They do have some musical entertainment in the evening- but we never heard it on our floor or in our room.

The breakfast provided in the morning is nothing to write home about. Juice, bread, breakfast cereal, yogurt and fruit- it was fresh and included in the room rate so I can’t complain too much.
If you want something more there is a bagel place in the parking lot of the Albertson’s up the street. Also nearby is a Trader Joe's that opens at 8:00 AM.

The parking is one block up the street in a shared parking building. The front desk (which really is just a person sitting at a desk in the lobby) gives you a ticket to present for in and out privileges. The fee in August 2012 was $8.00 a day.
You do have to haul your luggage from the parking garage up the block to the hotel unless you opt for valet.

I would say this hotel is a nice get away for couples. But we felt welcomed and enjoyed our stay.
The were happy to provide printed maps and directions for attractions we wanted to visit.

I look forward to staying at this hotel again in the future!!! Well worth the drive.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Seth H, General Manager at The Culver Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2013

Nice review, thank you.
You are right, not close to Disney, but incredibly accessible to all the destinations in Los Angeles County, literally 20 minutes from LAX, the beach, Beverly Hills, Downtown.
We do have an Exercise Room on the 2nd floor, open 24 hours.
No pool on-site, but a City run pool within a mile called the "Plunge".
Sorry about the spill of water from the shower, it was repaired immediately.
See you again.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

My husband and I came to Culver City (what a fantastic downtown) to visit our son and his fiancee. We picked the Culver Hotel as it was walking distance to their new place.

I can not say enough good things about the Culver Hotel and its staff. Beautiful room, great lobby/bar area, and very attentive staff. I wish our stay had been longer. The location was fabulous; you can walk everywhere and feel completely safe doing so.

The Culver is a keeper; we cannot wait to come back.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Seth H, General Manager at The Culver Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2013

You are a "Keeper" and we really look forward to your return.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

My husband and I just spent 3 wonderful nights at The Culver Hotel. This was our 6th or 7th time to stay at this great and historic hotel! The rooms are always clean, with lovely decor, and stocked with anything you would need. I have never slept on a more comfortable bed in any hotel or resort, anywhere! The staff is always accommodating and very hospitable! The morning complimentary continental breakfast is really nice, and it is always so fun to sit in the lovely lounge. Every time we come back to LA to visit family, we stay at The Culver, and we plan to do so again with future visits!

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you, looking forward to #8.
A good chunk of our business comes from regulars visiting family in the area.
Love it.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

My husband and I spent two nights here and loved it. It was just the right blend of rock solid basics (great bed, a variety of pillows, top notch bedding, beautiful bathroom, robes, iPod docking alarm clock, designer toiletries, etc., etc.) and unpretentious fun (live jazz in the lounge every evening, sparkly decor touches, fun retro wallpaper, fresh tulips). The complimentary "continental" breakfast was the best I've had under that heading: a big serving bowl of plain yogurt (not the packages kind that is loaded with nasty ingredients), granola, fresh fruit salad, dried raisins and apricots, almonds, croissants, muffins, two kinds of fresh bread, juice, coffee, tea, all served with linens, china and actual cutlery. The breakfast room (which is the lounge in the evening) is open, high ceilinged, with big windows on both sides to let the morning light in - just a great place to start your day. The location was great: short walk to two major TV/movie studios, nice shops and healthy quick eateries, and even a great farmers' market every Tuesday afternoon. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. Of special note: we had an early flight to catch and hoped for a little breakfast, though it was before their official breakfast hour. David went the extra mile and fetched us some fixings from the kitchen, complete with a toaster for our bread! Much appreciated. The only downside was that our room was on the street side so there was some noise from the traffic, but it wasn't too onerous. I'd recommend it in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the non-street side. Also, if you don't want noise from the lounge in the even...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Seth H, General Manager at The Culver Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2015

Thank you for such a wonderful and detailed review.

Come back soon.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

I stayed in the Culver Hotel on a business trip to LA.
It's located in a nice area with plenty of bars and restaurants within easy walking distance. The hotel staff are very pleasant, but the service in the hotel's lobby bar is incredibly slow in the evening.
The rooms are very nice and there's functional wifi throughout the hotel.
Breakfast in the morning isn't exactly stellar, but I think it's included in the room rate, so you probably can't complain.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Thanks for the nice review.
The Bar has become really very, very popular, and we have responded by improving our staffing to match the demand. Sorry your service was a little slow.
The Culver Hotel.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

We enjoyed a wonderful stay at the Culver Hotel while in LA, CA. A lively and fun atmosphere with great rooms, food and staff. We felt like we had been transformed back to an earlier era! Be sure to go up back staircase to the lounge for a late night experience. It has a great location in Culver City, which is close to LAX and numerous LA attractions, as well as being within walking distance of numerous restaurants and entertainments. A great discovery and stay!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Seth H, General Manager at The Culver Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2013

Thank you for the lovely review.
We are so centrally located in Los Angeles County, with access to both the 10 and teh 405, that we truly are THE convenient, true boutique hotel of the Westside.
See you again soon.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

What a wonderful experience staying at this hotel. We were only there for one night on our way up the coast to Montecito, but wished we could have stayed longer and will definitely go back!
The decor is beautiful, both in the stunning lobby and the rooms, and we found the hotel to be very comfortable, with all the amenities. The service was excellent (the staff were so friendly and helpful), and the general manager, Seth Horowitz, was a delightful host, taking time out of what I'm sure must have been a very busy day to sit and chat with us and make us feel like old friends and very welcome guests! Living not far from L.A., my only wish is that I'll be able to find excuses to stay there more often!
Out of a possible 10, I give this a resounding 10 plus!

Linda Montgomery
Corona, Ca.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends

Next time you come you will simply have to spend more time. There is so much to explore in Downtown Culver City.
Thank you for your kind words.
The Culver Hotel.

Ramada Culver City
#7 of 8 in Culver City
Marina Del Rey Hotel
#1 of 11 in Marina del Rey

Been to The Culver Hotel? Share your experiences!