“A Great Bed after a Long Flight”

Travelodge Culver City
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Culver City
Reviewed May 2, 2009

We booked here for our first night after a 14 hour flight from Sydney, based on other TripAdvisor reviews. We were not disappointed. The king size beds were lovely - our 13 and 11 year old sons shared one easily too. The pillows were heavenly. Big room with a comfy lounge. We were given $5 vouchers per person for the Metro Diner downstairs and ate good food there, with plentiful servings. Abdul on the desk was very helpful, and at one point after giving us some directions and then seeing us walk the other direction out of the hotel came and chased us to put us back on track !! We would happily stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family

Reviewed March 25, 2009

At first you look at the exterior of the hotel and think you're at at run down 1970's hotel and then when you check in , the check-in counter has this thick glass wall between you and the attendent (like at some conveince stores)..so I was like this is NOT a good sign..(I actually wanted to run from there, not even go up to see the room!). But, the room was very spacious, clean, had a sofa and 2 king size beds! There was also a microwave and a refrigerator which came in handy with all the left-overs. The bathroom was also very clean and had granite all over in the bathtub and the counter also had granite. The inside of the rooms definatly did NOT look anything like the outside which was a pleasant surprise. The rooms were afordable, so you could actually spend money on what you wanted to while in LA. The location was great since it would take approximatly 30 mins or less to get to Beverly Hills, Hollywood, Getty museum, etc. (But do rent a car while there...the parking is free which is a luxury since most LA hotels did not have that). Also, on the bottom of the hotel, there's a little diner, and the hotel gives $5 off coupons. The diner also looked really shabby from the outside, but was one of the best breakfast places I had been to...the quality of the food was great, it was convenient, cheap , and healthy!!! I definatly recommend this to anyone...instead of staying at an expensive LA hotel, stay here and you will definatly get beyond your money's worth.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 26, 2009

I was pleasantly suprised by this little place. You would hardly even notice it driving by and the lobby area can take you by surprise as the clerk is behind glass but they were very friendly and accommodating. The rooms are very spacious, clean, bright and newly redone. The bathrooms are granite (no tub though) and the shower is huge. The king sized bed is the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in and the pillows were perfect. The room also had a small partition wall separating the living room and bedroom which made the room feel even more spacious. Free high speed internet and parking were definitely a bonus. There is no business center but I received incoming faxes at no charge. It was very quiet - we had a room facing the back so heard no road noise. The little cafe where you can have breakfast with a $5 discount voucher was awesome - excellent service and great food. The location was perfect for us as we were all over the city but the closeness to Venice and Santa Monica was great. Culver City has some great restaurants and shops. I will definitely stay here again and will highly recommend it.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed September 22, 2008

got married in l.a in july and my wife and i stayed here for eight days. had the warmest welcome and most relaxed time.
on the night of our wedding,we returned very late and found our room had been decorated with shiny paper and flowers and a chilled bottle of apple cider had been left on the table with a card from the hotel staff.great friendly people, rooms clean and big.
would stay here again without doubt.just be prepared to spend lots of money on cab fares as people in l.a dont do public transport.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 13, 2008

I booked this hotel because of location, free parking, and price. As we drove up to hotel, I was a little disappointed at the neighborhood (sort of nondescript, commercial area). But the area is not run-down, and the covered parking is a plus. The lobby is very spartan and the staff was more business-like than friendly.

But the room overcame my concerns. I had booked two beds, and they were kings! There was also a full-size couch, TV, desk, microwave and refrigerator, and the room was not crowded! The furnishings were clean and like-new, the bath also appeared to be recently redone, with nice amenities. We were given a room on the back side that was mostly quiet (except for early morning garbage pick-up next door).

During our 3 day stay, the staff were very helpful with directions, flight checkin, etc. The voucher for the diner on the premises was very convenient, and much better than the typical motel lobby breakfast.

Overall, a good price-performer.

• Stayed: August 2008
Reviewed July 6, 2008

The guy at the front desk was unfriendly. The room was dark and damp/smelly. No daylight. Not a very safe place (Lot's of dark corners before getting to your room). The hotel is right next to the highway. Go and stay somewhere else if you can!

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled on business
2  Thank perlenforscher
Reviewed May 16, 2008

I recently went to LA for a visit and wanted a hotel, reasonably priced, near my son's apt. Because of the proximity of the hotel, I looked into staying here. After reading the reviews, I was a bit hesitant but the price was right so we decided to take a chance. First of all, it was immaculate! The room was recently redone and very nice. If I didn't know where I was, I would have thought it to be a Marriott or equivalent. The manager and staff were very professional and accomodating and the $5/pp voucher for breakfast at the little restaurant downstairs was also nice. Now the grill downstairs where you could have breakfast, lunch or something was also a surprise. The restaurant itself was kind of "low key" (needs redecorating) but the food was excellent! A hidden treasure. I had the "small Italian breakfast" which I will be trying to recreate now that I'm home. It was delicious. Also the banana walnut pancakes with the maple syrup were the best I have had. My friend, with whom I was travelling with, had dinner there and was blown away! The place may not have SNOB appeal but when given the chance, was full of surprises. So, if you need a reasonably priced place to stay in Culver City, give this place a try.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with friends