“Average Hotel”

Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Culver City
Rio Rancho, United States
“Average Hotel”
Reviewed July 18, 2014

Only hotel available at time for me. Requested high floor but got 2nd floor next to noisy hot laundry room. Person on floor above left water on in bathroom which came through the ceiling and started pouring inside my room. Also sad that occupants have to pay for parking at a Doubletree Hotel.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
chicago, United States
Reviewed July 18, 2014

They ruined my family vacation by stealing my I Pad from the restaurant. I ate breakfast, and left my I Pad on the table and checked out at the front desk. Then I forgot to pick up my I Pad and drove to the airport. When I got to the airport I remembered that I left it at the hotel. I called the hotel and told them I left my I Pad. But the hotel told me they couldn't find it. Then I drove back to the hotel within 30 minutes. I talked to 5 servers and the duty manager, but there was no hope. I asked the manager to look through the security camera and he told me they don't have a security camera in the bar and restaurant. But there is one at the front desk. I asked him again to look through the security camera, but he didn't want to do it. He wanted to cover up the incident and I had to leave to go to the airport. So I left , and I lost all of my kid's memories, pictures, videos , and of our vacation memories. If a crime is committed at the hotel and there is no proof, then its not safe to stay at that hotel.

1 Thank Tewodros T
GMDoubletreeLAWest, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Los Angeles Westside, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
We sincerely apologize for your unfortunate experience regarding your iPad during your stay at our hotel. Thank you for letting us know about the situation quickly. We have followed up with our security department to help us avoid this situation in the future. If we can help in any way, please let us know. Thank you.

Kind Regards,
Bill Reider
DoubleTree by Hilton Los Angeles Westside
Breider@DoubleTreeLAWestside.com
California
Reviewed July 17, 2014

This was our second visit to this hotel. It is perfect for our needs when we are passing through L.A. The staff is friendly, check in is easy, rooms are clean, beds are comfortable and the pool is nice. Free cookies are yummy too!

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Iowa City, United States
Reviewed July 16, 2014

My wife and I stayed two nights. It's a good place to stay if you want to be close to LAX, take in a Dodger's game, or visit the Santa Monica Pier and beach. They offer a nice bar and restaurant with a good breakfast buffet. Our room was quiet, clean, and not crowded. Parking is next to the hotel and convenient without a parking ramp.

Moraga, United States
Reviewed July 15, 2014

The hotel was ok. We were able to get a room an hour or so early which was helpful. It was quite busy, perhaps the time of year? Parking was difficult, apparently people other than hotel guests can park at this hotel?! There was always a parking problem. The food the restaurant was not very good either. The location is good and the people where nice when they where not too busy.

Frisco, Texas
Reviewed July 14, 2014

We stayed at this property and loved the location. Close to LAX. Close to Santa Monica and the beaches and easily accessible to Hollywood and other attractions via the 405 freeway (access right around corner from hotel). The rooms were recently remodeled (stayed here 2 years ago and needed upgrade) and had a fresh new decor. I would recommend this property for location and cleanliness.

Room Tip: Upper floors have a nice view of mountains and ocean.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank JZWOL
San Francisco, California
Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

Spent a night here for business, and had a great experience. The staff was very friendly and helpful, the rooms were clean and nicely accommodated, and the beds were nice and comfortable.

In the morning, I visited the gym, which wasn't bad. No free weights, but plenty of cardio machines with TVs built in. After that, stopped by for breakfast, which included a great omelet station and the normal mix of scrambled eggs, pastries and fruit.

I'll definitely be back on my next trip to Culver City!

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Culver City
The Culver Hotel
#1 of 8 in Culver City
LAX Area
Embassy Suites by Hilton LAX North
Travelodge Culver City
#4 of 8 in Culver City

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Los Angeles Westside? Share your experiences!