“Upgraded great location”

Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Culver City
Frisco, Texas
“Upgraded great location”
Reviewed July 14, 2014

We stayed at this property and loved the location. Close to LAX. Close to Santa Monica and the beaches and easily accessible to Hollywood and other attractions via the 405 freeway (access right around corner from hotel). The rooms were recently remodeled (stayed here 2 years ago and needed upgrade) and had a fresh new decor. I would recommend this property for location and cleanliness.

Room Tip: Upper floors have a nice view of mountains and ocean.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank JZWOL

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
San Francisco, California
Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

Spent a night here for business, and had a great experience. The staff was very friendly and helpful, the rooms were clean and nicely accommodated, and the beds were nice and comfortable.

In the morning, I visited the gym, which wasn't bad. No free weights, but plenty of cardio machines with TVs built in. After that, stopped by for breakfast, which included a great omelet station and the normal mix of scrambled eggs, pastries and fruit.

I'll definitely be back on my next trip to Culver City!

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
New York City, New York
Reviewed July 9, 2014

This hotel was a last minute decision. Other than having to pay $17 for parking, it was a very pleasant stay. We were looking for a sunny pool to lay by and that's what we got. They even have a pretty good sized gym for those who like to do a morning workout.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

1 Thank Megan G
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for a few nights for work. I needed to be close to our event location so this worked wonderfully as it was about 4 to 5 miles away, an easy 10-minute drive. I had a late check-in after work. Nina was so pleasant and made me smile and laugh after a long work day. Check-in was quick and easy and I was given a complimentary cookie. I love excellent customer service. Their entire staff was pleasant so the energy in the hotel was positive, all smiles! Every question I had was answered with a great attitude. The hotel is grear visually. Lobby was gorgeous and inviting. Restaurants are in the lobby area. TVs all around the lobby showing news and sports. There is a gym in the hotel... as well as a business center & pool. Parking is $17/night... I didn't have a vehicle so that didn't affect me. Wi-Fi on the 8th Floor was not great in my room but I was not bothered by this because I use 4G LTE data from my phone to get faster speed on my Macbook. I loved staying here & would stay here again if ever back in LA area. I recommend this hotel to others!

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank ChannyJ
New York, United States
Reviewed July 2, 2014

The air conditioner was leaking all over the rug. I walked over to look out the window and my socks were soaked. The Coolant smelled. I was too tired to call it in. The hotel seemed to have experienced a flash power outage for an hour or two on Sunday(might have been monday). $20+ is excessive for parking. The rest of the room was pretty average but certainly not hilton quality. the hotel seemed older and a bit run down. there are certainly better hotels for the price near LAX. I likely would not return.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

GMDoubletreeLAWest, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Los Angeles Westside, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Dennis,

Thank you for your feedback about the A/C problem. We’ve worked with maintenance to fix the leak, but we’re very sorry that it wasn't resolved sooner. Thanks again for your review and we hope you stay with us the next time you return to the area.

Kind Regards,
Bill Reider
DoubleTree by Hilton Los Angeles Westside
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed July 1, 2014

The Double Tree by Hilton in Culver City is a good stop for night before a flight out. Service is fine and the personnel is nice. There are different packages that can make your stay more plea.sant and can include parking, internet and even a credit for dinner, cocktails or morning breakfast.

Hotel is clean but it needs a face lift sooner than later. Rooms are clean but the furniture is not in it's early years and shows it's time with all the effort put it to be fresh and contemporary.

If everything is booked around then this is a good choice, will not be my first as pricewise is comparable with all the hotels in the neighbourhood.

Room Tip: Higher floors are nice
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
United Kingdom
Reviewed July 1, 2014

I stayed here for a week on business. The hotel was convenient by car for central LA and the various beaches such as Venice, Long beach etc. taxis in LA are reasonably cheap compared to many parts of the world. Onsite parking is available but costs about $17 a day which I think is a bit of a cheek but this was reduced by 50% when I raised the issue. Free wifi is available unlike some hilton hotels. Breakfast is expensive unless you are one of those people who eats like a horse at breakfast to get their monies worth. There are a couple of ok bars nearby and a shopping centre/mall which offers great value clothing and electronics compared to the UK. The hotel is reasonably priced. The pool outside is ok but by a noisy road. In summary this hotel is good as a business hotel but not one I would chose to stay with my young family on holiday.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Culver City
Travelodge Culver City
#4 of 8 in Culver City
The Culver Hotel
#1 of 8 in Culver City
LAX Area
Embassy Suites by Hilton LAX North

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Los Angeles Westside? Share your experiences!