Let me just say...I typically love Marriott and most properties in which I've stayed have been consistent in service, responsiveness, and cleanliness. Not the case with this hotel. I give them a pass in that they were going through renovations and construction and that we were relegated to a lower level expanded conference room turned breakfast room and bar. It definitely had the feel of an Elks Lodge, but the wait staff were friendly and service-oriented. They really tried to make the best of a not-so-best situation.
I have three complaints about the hotel. 1) the cleanliness of my room level's hallway. I stayed for four nights and over two of those nights (consecutively) there were food trays with decaying food, and dirty plates and glasses left outside guests' doors. I was shocked (and disgusted) that the trays were left for 48 hours. The hotel maid service did not move them! 2) On my departing morning, I had a 6 AM flight from LAX and asked for a wake-up call as a backup to my cell alarm. The wakeup call never rang and I was told upon check-out that their phones were "on the blitz." Not sure why I wasn't told that the night before. 3) I was also told that the front desk could call a taxi for me when I checked out (it's 4:30 AM at this point) and was assured that the taxi services accepted credit cards. I got a taxi and, when I arrived at LAX, was told that it was cash only. I gave the driver my remaining cash.
I'm offering this feedback as a heads-up to Marriott. Guests, especially loyal and understanding guests (like myself) are widely generous with regard to understanding construction and slight hiccups in process. However, during those times that construction is happening, I think there is increased opportunity to "up the ante" as far as cleanliness and service.
I was disappointed with my stay at this hotel and hope that Marriott intervenes to increase the level of service that is expected with their brand.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Courtyard by Marriott Los Angeles Westside, a comfortable and convenient hotel in Culver City, California. Our accommodations feature 260 spacious guestrooms and suites in addition to over 10,000 square feet of flexible indoor-outdoor event space and a full catering department - all just 3.5 miles north of LAX and near top beaches in the Los Angeles area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott Los Angeles Westside reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Los Angeles Westside Hotel Culver City
- Courtyard Culver City
- Courtyard Hotel Culver City
- Culver City Courtyard
- Culver City Marriott