“Worst Marriott Ever”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Worst Marriott Ever”
Reviewed January 14, 2014

This property is dirty with uncaring staff who spend more time discussing their personal life at the front desk than helping any guests. Today there was a ten minute discussion regarding medical conditions of friends while customers waited for service. Even without the current construction the elevators have scratched walls, hallway carpets filthy, windows you cannot see out of at all, and a musty smell in most rooms. The front desk staff should all be retrained as they are rude, condescending and very unhelpful. They act as if the guests are all a nuisance and barely acknowledge anyone's presence. It is hard to believe that this is a Marriott property. I have received much better service at one star hotels with caring and well trained staff. As a platinum member it is quite shocking to see this level of service and that guests are treated in such a manner.

The location of the hotel is quite good and close to LAX but it is not worth the stay as you cannot count on any service at all from the front desk. I have stayed here muliple times this year and it is only getting worse. I will not choose this property for future stays and I suggest you do the same.

Room Tip: Beg and plead with the front desk staff and they may or may not help you change rooms..stay away fro...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Bellaroma777
Juan C, Manager at Courtyard Los Angeles Westside, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us. I will immediately address all you concerns with our staff and other management right away to correct these issues. Rest assured we do not take these issues lightly and will work towards eliminating service/product deficiencies. Our rewards customers are truly the staple of our business and we take pride recognizing those guests regularly. I once again want to apologize for the way in which my staff responded to you it was inappropriate and completely out of character for the manner in which we take pride in serving our guest. Responses like these are exactly what is needed to enable me rectify this situation.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
centralNJ
Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

I tend to choose Marriott when traveling as they are dependable and as a platinum member I often receive nice treatment. This hotel is currently being renovated and overlooks the highway. Amenities seem limited although there was a pool in the parking lot. No breakfast or happy hours included. No concierge floor. A basic and functional hotel, but no reason I would want to return.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank shess10
Thank you for taking the time to fill out this response about our hotel. Let me start off with apologizing for not making this a memorable stay and know that we strive to provide our guest the best in quality service and product. We will come out of our renovation with a superior product and I hope at that time you will give us another opportunity to provide you with that quality stay you have come to expect with Marriott.
San Diego, California
Reviewed December 2, 2013

This was a quick business trip and I stayed only one night, but I was definitely impressed with this Marriott property. First of all, the room was a good size, and quite comfortable. The king bed was definitely comfortable. Although it took me some time to figure out the DirectTV controls (and it was odd to have a regular TV in my room and not a "hotel TV with a hotel remote") the location of the desk and TV were perfect. I loved the fact that there Paul Mitchell hair care products in the bathroom (although with my hair, the small sizes weren't enough so I didn't even crack them open). The room was nice and quiet, just as I would expect a Marriott property to be.

This property has a full restaurant on-site and so I ate both dinner (soup and salad) and breakfast (the buffet). Both were definitely better than just OK. The chef at breakfast did a "one egg omelet" that was just perfect. Service was very attentive at both seatings.

Hotel check in and out was quick and easy, and parking was charged directly to my room. The only oddity was that I had to show my paid bill when exiting (for some reason my parking ticket didn't show as being validated).

I'll definitely stay here again when I have to visit my office in Culver City. This was definitely a convenient, comfortable, and quiet hotel in which to stay. Definitely business class.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Juan C, Manager at Courtyard Los Angeles Westside, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate it.
We look forward to seeing you back, our staff is here to provide you with the best customer service that you deserve.

Happy Holidays !
-The Courtyard Team!
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed November 27, 2013

I am still staying in this hotel and whilst it is my second night, I must say beyond doubt that this is the worst experience I have had at any hotel, leave alone a Marriott. We came here to have a relaxed trip with family & this turned out to be the worst trip for us so far. Anything that has to do with the hotel hasn't worked out; Let me start from the beginning -
1. The room has no refrigerator
2. There is a coffee machine; we have asked for a kettle (as we have tea & have a small child) a couple of times but haven't got it yet so we spend 40 mins heating water for our tea in the coffee machine & our child has cold milk
3. Location - this place is in the middle of nowhere & definitely not the right place to stay to explore LA; we wasted 1 day just trying to figure that out & given the paucity of time we decided to book a tour the following day
4. We booked a hop on hop off tour so called VIP tour. A vehicle picked us up to take to this bus station from where we were supposed to board another bus. On reaching there, surprise surprise we were told that the tour we are booked for by the hotel doesn't operate now & we can take you on a different tour which was c. 50% more expensive; it was ridiculous and we did not take the tour as we had specifically booked a hop on hop off tour. We asked to be dropped back to the hotel or culver city bus centre; instead we were dropped off at a nearby bus station where there was very poor connectivity & didn't know what to do. We wasted 3-4hrs just trying to get to a place from where we could get a hop on hop off tour!

Really not worth staying here without a doubt!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank UrM001
Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced during your stay with us.
We have contacted the tour company and informed them of your displeasure for the way your tour ended.
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback, we take your feedback to heart.
We strive to ensure our guests experience the best stay possible and we fell short of our goal this time. If future travels find you in area please give us another opportunity to make it right. We hope you will see the improvement and enjoy your time with us in your next visit.
Holly Springs, North Carolina
Reviewed November 2, 2013

My husband and I choose to stay ONLY at Marriott hotels when we travel. We normally receive fine service and comfort. While we weren't too surprised at the 12.00 parking charge, we were EXTREMELY shocked at the 14.95 price tag for the breakfast buffet. We just completed a cross country trip from North Carolina to Nevada and NONE of the Marriotts we stayed at charged us for the Buffett. Only when we took a separate trip put to L.A. did this happen.
The room was not as we came to expect but acceptable. There wasn't a refrigerator in room, only by request and the air conditioning unit was loud when it came on.
It's proximity to the shopping mall was excellent if you needed to buy items for your stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Fansreviews
Juan C, Manager at Courtyard Los Angeles Westside, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We appreciate your opinion as we strive to better serve our guests.
New York area
Reviewed October 22, 2013

I stayed at this property two nights. The windows were fifty. When I complained, the manager said they clean them every six months. Two small fridges (supplied free) did not work and my food spoiled. When I complained, the manager said I complained too much. I never had a Marriott with such poor housekeeping.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank africafun
I want to first apologize for being so inconvenienced when you were a guest with us, but even more so on the way in which it was handled. The way in which my staff responded to you was inappropriate and completely out of character for the manner in which we take pride in serving our guest.
We pride ourselves on service and although we dropped the ball during your last stay with us we would love to make it up to you if you allow us.
New York City, New York
Reviewed October 19, 2013

10 minutes or so from the airport and 10 minutes to my office. Nice mall nearby with fun sports bar. Nearby Chinese Restaurant Mandarin Dish a great choice for delivery although room service was also good. The AM breakfasts are very convenient and the staff is helpful. Also WSJ at front desk in morning. Only "drawback" was that there were too many tv channels - what a great problem to have - it took me 10 minutes to find the baseball games - recommend.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for staying with us, we are glad you enjoyed your stay! If you come back for work or leisure we hope you choose us again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Culver City
LAX Area
Holiday Inn Express Los Angeles-LAX Airport
LAX Area
Residence Inn Los Angeles LAX/Century Boulevard

Been to Courtyard Los Angeles Westside? Share your experiences!