I should begin this review by saying that the last time I stayed at this hotel, I swore I would never stay here again. I stay at about 50 different Marriott hotels a year so I sometimes forget the very few that detract from my business travel. So, here I am again.
There are positives of this hotel. It is new, has nice rooms and a good breakfast and bar area. The gym is even pretty nice, no weights beyond dumbbells but it has 5 walking/running/ridding machines. So, not bad in those departments.
The issues I continually experience at this hotel have to do with process, people and parking. The processes at this Marriot differ from others so a guy who stays at 80+ a year tends to get used to things being one way. I am not condemning all their front of the house staff, every time, but I have repeatedly been under-informed of their processes and paid with frustration and disappointment. The most frustration and confusion comes from their parking processes. This is truly ridicules.
To park and not have them lock you in the lot, forcing you to re-park and walk back into the building, you have to do the following:
• Receive your parking ticket
• Park your car
• Take that parking ticket back into the hotel and have them associate it with your room number
The issue is that no one at the front desk will tell you this, there are no signs to this effect, and no one (not me) would assume this backwards process would occur as it is counterintuitive to any advances in parking technology since the invention of the wheel.
What tends to happen is that you get your ticket, put it in your car, and when you go to leave, you find that you must re-park and go inside or they won’t even let you leave. There is a human that sits in a box at the exit that literally bars you from exit until you go back into the hotel. I can think of any number of solutions (a computer, a cell phone, telegraph, smoke freakin’ signals) the hotel can come up with easily to keep this from happening but they don’t. They chose to allow their guest the leave frustrated all because they want their $12 or whatever the parking fee is. This is VERY frustrating as you are trying to leave for an important meeting.
All that said, pretty hotel…pretty ridicules process and frustrations. There are many hotels in the area. I would consider another.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Courtyard Los Angeles Westside, located in Culver City, California. Our brand new hotel features 260 spacious guestrooms and suites in addition to over 10,000 square feet of flexible indoor-outdoor event space and a full catering department 3.5 miles north of LAX. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Marriott, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Courtyard Los Angeles Westside reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Los Angeles Westside Hotel Culver City
- Courtyard Culver City
- Courtyard Hotel Culver City
- Culver City Courtyard
- Culver City Marriott