“Functional business hotel”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Bristol
“Functional business hotel”
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Close to LAX and a short cab ride away. I stayed for a conference so had minimal travelling to do from here.
Friendly staff at front desk on arrival and short check-in process. Room allocated was 7th floor facing the 405 freeway. Room spacious enough, TV, complimentary wifi, comfortable bed.
Shower always had hot water and reasonable size.
Room temperature required the cool setting from the air conditioner due to temps around 80F which was a bit noisy to sleep with it on.
Noise from the freeway was more background hum rather than noise to disrupt sleep - if you are from a city you probably wouldn't notice it.
Breakfast was reasonably priced and fair selection available. Dinner menu quite small but useful for late arrivals - I had one meal that was good value for money and tasty - better quality than I expected.
The bar has reasonable selection of beers and drinks although they could have a happy hour considering the clientele to keep them drinking in the hotel for a while longer. Draft beer selection could have been a bit better (perhaps just my taste?)
Staff were all very friendly and helpful with any query or advice you requested.
It seems the location / name of hotel is not that well known as the taxi I took from Santa Monica didn't know the hotel but luckily I had a hotel card with code for his GPS which brought me to my destination!
Good value overall if a little remote from most places and required a car to get around.

Room Tip: Room not over-looking freeway should be quieter
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Juan C, General Manager at Courtyard Los Angeles Westside, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
We appreciate you taking the time to write about our hotel and thank you for the positive feedback. It is our pleasure and delight to be of service to you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
Yucaipa
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Stayed at Courtyard Marriot Los Angeles Westside for a 2-day training instructor workshop. The staff were great, very courteous and prompt to make sure our meeting room had waht we needed. Rooms were nice. Good for business travels!

1 Thank 911safety
jccuevas, General Manager at Courtyard Los Angeles Westside, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Thanks for the compliments we appreciate you staying with us and give us the opportunity serve you. Hope you stay with us again soon.
Boston, MA
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I stay at the Courtyard on a regular basis. It is a nice business hotel, that has a little restaurant (good for breakfast, or a late arriving dinner), a reasonable bar (several TV's, tables, chairs and a bar), a pool (on the small side, but nice) and a workout room with a couple elliptical trainers, treadmill and some free weights (mainly dumbells). The staff here are very nice, and the bartenders are always welcoming. There is not much to do around there, but you can walk over to the mall, or to the CVS in the stripmall next to the hotel. Of the hotels in the area, I find this one the most comfortable for the business traveler, and prefer to stay there over the rest. I have never had any problems with kids or noise, and they have free WiFi as well.

Room Tip: i prefer the high floors, facing away from the highway (onto the back parking lot).
1 Thank frequentav8r
jccuevas, General Manager at Courtyard Los Angeles Westside, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Thank you very much for such positve comments. My staff and I strive to do our best and give you the most comfortable stay and memorable experience. We look forward to having you as a returned guest in the future.
Half Moon Bay, California
Reviewed November 4, 2012

We had events at UCLA and in the Hermosa Beach area. This location worked really well and is the Marriott Courtyard brand you expect. It is a little cumbersome getting in and out to find the freeway with lots of stop lights and speed bumps, but once you get the hang of it, it is easy to time your trips with when traffic is heaviest. The hotel is clean and up to date and the staff is friendly and helpful. Parking is $12 a day and gated so be prepared for that. Both nights we were there, the night staff seemed a little overwhelmed with a lot going on but other than getting what we needed to the room taking longer than we would have liked, it was fine. Lot's of places within walking distance including a shopping mall. I would stay here again

Room Tip: We were on the 8th floor facing the freeway. Seemed quiet enough from outside noise. If you are stay...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for staying at our hotel. It always our pleasure and delight to serve you. I am sorry for the delay on your requests. As we strive to make our hotel better, we will take your input into considaration. I Thank you again for your response and look forward to having you stay with us in the future.
Cambridge
Reviewed October 25, 2012

This is a standard Courtyard by Marriott. Close to Loyola Marymount College it works for that. Do not come without a car, however. Only a mall is really within walking distance. The hotel does not serve lunch, although both the breakfast and dinner were reasonable and decent for this kind of hotel food. The room is large and everything was clean. The service people were very helpful and accommodating. It is also pretty noisy because it faces the freeway. However, it only takes 10 minutes to get to LAX.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
jccuevas, General Manager at Courtyard Los Angeles Westside, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
We appreciate the positive feedback. I like to thank you for noticing and appriciating how helpful and accommodating my staff is. It is our ultimate delight and pleasure to be at your service.
Ashland, Oregon
Reviewed October 19, 2012

This is an excellent choice for a hotel if you're staying in West LA. Convenient location with good freeway access. Close to LAX (but not too close). Large facility but maintained well and super friendly staff. Everyone has a smile for you. Nice open lobby and dining area. Excellent complimentary coffee and cookies. Easy parking at a reasonable price (for LA). Nice clean rooms and hallways. Only one minor suggestion: They should offer a few more a la carte choices on their breakfast menu besides the breakfast buffet (which is very good).

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you very much for such positve comments. I appreciate you taking the time to let us know how much you liked our cookies and coffee. My staff and I strive to do our best and give you the most comfortable stay and memorable experience.
Bay Area, Ca
Reviewed October 8, 2012

If you need to stay on the Westside, this is a good option. Its not downtown, not Hollywood, not Santa Monica - but you have access to all of those locations pretty easily (if you can deal with the 405).

It appears to be a larger Courtyard - 12-14 floors or so. The rooms appear updated. When I arrived at around 2am, I got into the room and they apparently gave me a room that was not cleaned - kinda weird walking in on a messy room, as it felt as though someone was still there. They gave me a new room and threw in some breakfast vouchers.

This is the first Courtyard I've been to that had valet parking - although there's sufficient self parking. It's kinda dark in the back of the hotel though.

Staff was friendly and took care of things quickly.

I'd stay here again if I need to be in this area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
I thank you for your positive comments. My apologies for the inconvenience you experianced upon your arrival but I am happy to hear that my staff took care of you promptly. Its always our delight and pleasure to serve you.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Culver City
Travelodge Culver City
#4 of 8 in Culver City
Westside
Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - LAX Airport
Extended Stay America - Los Ange...
#213 of 351 in Los Angeles
LAX Area
Residence Inn Los Angeles LAX/Century Boulevard

Been to Courtyard Los Angeles Westside? Share your experiences!