“A truly pleasant stay!”

Courtyard by Marriott Los Angeles Westside
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Culver City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed August 12, 2012

A major plus was the staff, they were extremely helpful and nice. Whether it was providing us info on local spots or simply giving us a few bananas before our workout, thanks Stephanie, they were great. We also had a pleasant sleep. Saw that some people complained about the freeway noise, we stayed facing the freeway and honestly didn't hear a thing. Would recommend to anyone, one of the best courtyards I have ever stayed at!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
jccuevas, Front Office Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Los Angeles Westside, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2012

Thank you so much for staying with us while you were in Los Angeles. We appreciate your comments and hope that if you are to visit LA again, you will come and stay with us. Thank you again!

Reviewed August 1, 2012

We stayed here one night in July 2012 because our son was in the hospital. The outside looks nice and the lobby is very updated.
The front desk was extremely helpful and quick.
The bartender was just wonderful and helpful. It was late (11:00 pm) and we were talking about ordering a pizza to be delivered to the hotel. The bartender heard us talking and let us know that they served great pizza. We ordered two 12" pizzas and they were WONDERFUL. Better than anything we've had in Culver City. We would visit the hotel again just to eat the pizza.
The breakfast was very good too, but overpriced. Parking was overpriced too at $12.00 per night.
Rooms are nice, but not great. Bed was comfortable.
Overall it was a very nice stay.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Thank you so much for staying with us while you were in Los Angeles. We appreciate your comments and hope that if you are to visit LA again, you will come and stay with us. I agree with you about our pizza. It is so good!

Reviewed July 27, 2012

This is a nice hotel, one that we would return to. It is in a good location, and even though it's next to the freeway, I found that the noise isn't bad. It's actually better than in some other, supposedly nicer hotels in LA. We had no problems with a freeway-facing room. The rooms are spacious, have a safe for your belonging, and we even got a mini-fridge when we asked (we like to have snacks and drinks kept cool). The staff was helpful. However, it was a little impersonal and the front-desk staff always seemed busy and I almost felt bad asking them for something. I think little things like leaving chocolates on the bed go a long way to making people feel a little more welcome.

One thing I really liked about this place was the TV. Unlike most hotels which have the LodgeNet system that you can only switch channels up and down and no guide, and constantly barrage you with ads to pay ridiculous prices for on-demand programming, this hotel has DirectTV that allows you to view a guide and choose what you want to watch. This is big for me! The hotel is very close to the Westfield Culver City mall, and there's a CVS next door. The airport is only 10-15 minutes away on surface streets, close enough to make it easy, far enough to where we didn't notice any planes or airport traffic.

Just a few downsides: The walls are THIN! You can hear people talking in the room next door. Luckily we didn't have anyone noisy. The towels are not great, neither are the pillows. As mentioned, the hotel feels very impersonal and cookie-cutter. No complimentary breakfast...not even a bagel.

We liked this place. Great value for you money.

Room Tip: If you're really against the freeway, ask for a room on the other side. But their windows do a...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Juan C, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Los Angeles Westside, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2012

Thank you for your comments and suggestions. It is our overall duty to make your stay enjoyable and comfortable. It is always our pleasure and delight to serve you. Hope you come stay with us again soon.

Reviewed July 23, 2012

As you would expect from the Courtyard brand, neat clean rooms with comfortable beds. Nothing particularly inviting, trendy or romantic.

My only complaint is the windows. Our suite faced the 405 freeway. NOISY. It sounded like the windows were open and I kept checking to make sure they were latched close.

I was at this location for 2 weeks with husband on his business trip. Not one good nights sleep except for our weekend at the Marriott in Palm Desert.

If you stay here I'd recommend staying in a room that does not face the freeway.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that doesn't face the freeway. Older windows allow for freeway noise.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
jccuevas, Front Office Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Los Angeles Westside, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2012

Thank you for staying at our hotel. I am sorry for all the noise with freeway. As we strive to make our hotel better for the future, we take your input into consideration. Thank you again for your response and look forward to having you stay with us in the future.

Reviewed July 21, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for more than 10 times now while on business trips the day before the flight back home. I find it very nice, very quiet although not far from highway but in a secure area where you can stroll by foot to the Westfield shopping mall close by where you find plenty of shops and restaurants.
Very nice and accommodating staff that will do everything forr you to feel at home. Nice and modern rooms, quiet, restfull beds, clean environment. The hotel is modern, built not long ago (4-5 years) and brings a fresh design compared to other Courtyards.
For a good night sleep, for a short trip to LAX, I really recommend this hotel. Depending on the budget and the time of the year, the rooms are between $119 to $169 (once happened to be $189). For Marriott rewards, this is a Level 3 and recently I stayed for 15,000 points which is great for the LAX area. The hotel has a small outside (unheated) swimming pool and whirpool, exercise room, coffee in the lobby, cookies, and the regular amenities.
I enjoy going to BJ's restaurant in Westfield mall for a nice dinner and different types of beers.
Why not a 5 star rating? There are a few things that might be better such as: parking $12/day self park, breakfast not included ( morning buffet is good but is $13.95) and do not recommend the food on the premises for dinner or lunch. Tried it twice and really not great, plenty choices at and close to the mall, really worth-it to make the trip, it is nice and secure - otherwise take the car, there is free parking at the mall. Those are the reasons I cannot say Courtyard LA Westside is a 5 rating. So if in the area....give it a try.

Room Tip: Higher floor is nice, further away from elevators and ice machines
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your response. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. We do take into consideration the concerns regarding the parking fee and the breakfast not being included. We do appreciate your positive comments and hope that you stay with us again soon.

Reviewed July 20, 2012

I was looking for a good clean safe place to stay in Culver and there were very few reasonably priced places until I stumbled upon the Marriott. The Hotel was very clean and the staff was very nice. the accommodations were nothing spectacular but more than adequate.
This happened to be a business trip but I would have no problem taking my family Here to stay for any period of time.
The Breakfast unfortunately is not included and is quite expensive but I guess that's anywhere when you travel now. There are plenty of great places to eat around so don't feel stuck at the hotel to eat. There is an awesome Cuban place to eat not far from the hotel called el Rincon Criollo on 4163 Sepulvida blvd.
Please be aware that there is a charge for parking, it is a bummer but is is safe since there is someone on duty at all times. AAA helped with the charges was at least a $20 savings total for 4 days and nights.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for any discounts, AAA or any other better rates.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for responding back to us about your stay. We strive to great customer service to our guest and show them how much we would like them to return to our hotel. We will let future guests know about the Cuban place you commented about. Thank you again and hope you visit our hotel soon.

Reviewed July 18, 2012

I just stayed there last weekend and was pleased with the quality. There was a large reception one night so the pool area was unfortunately closed. However, I was still happy overall. It is within walking distance of Westfield Century city Mall so lots of Restaurants if you don't feel like eating at Hotel.
a lot of reviews pointing out it's hard to get to - but I thought not so hard. late at night it only took about 8 minutes to get there from the airport rental car area. I guess traffic could make it bad. If you are driving North on I-405, you will see the hotel on your right across from a large shopping mall area and office towers for Howard Hughes center. Take that Exit and immediately turn right on Green valley circle. Or if you were driving north on Sepulveda blvd, you will cross under I-405 exactly at that exit and the road as you emerge from under the interstate is Green Valley circ. Drive up and around, and you hit Bristol Rd, and the hotel is on your right.

Room Tip: quieter on the side away from the freeway - I was lucky but I see other reviewers mention noise of c...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business

We agree that we are located in a good location for food and entertainment. Thank you for responding back to us about your stay. While there was an event on that particular day, we do have the pool located on the other side of the event. It is seperated from and party or event in the hotel. Wanted to inform you for future reference if you were to come back and visit us. Also, thank you for your loyalty to Marriott.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Culver City
LAX Area
Sheraton Gateway Los Angeles Hotel
Ramada Culver City
#7 of 8 in Culver City

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Los Angeles Westside? Share your experiences!