“Great Standby” 3 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Culver City, California, United States
“Great Standby”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

Sizzler is perfect for when our plans change and we need somewhere eat that is comfortable and affordable. The choices are broad and the senior citizen plates are perfect.

Visited July 2013

Los Angeles, California
“Good Value for the Money.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

All of the Sizzler locations, and we have eaten in at least 10,
have had a real nice Salad Bar that include meat, pasta, and
soup selections, it has all been good tasting along with the
Meat and Sea Food available, Good Pricing for what you get.

The Lomita California Store needs to get with it,
last 2 times had Old food items, Get with It.

I would suggest trying most other Locations, you should be Happy.

Visited April 2013
Los Angeles, California
“The worst (almost ) dinner experience (we left before dinner...) , i ever had.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

PLACE : SIZZLER 5801 Sepulveda blvd , Culver city
DATE: Saturday 2/23/13
TIME: 5:00 PM

The worst (almost ) dinner experience (we left before dinner...) , i ever had.
I took my disabled friend who reside not far from Sizzler at Palm Court Nursing Home, Culver City,
to an early dinner, so she want be alone on the eve of the Jewish holiday Purim.
I ordered for her the" steak and shrimp dinner, with one trip to the Salad bar".
For me I ordered glass of wine, since I had dinner plan later, (it was only 5:00PM).
I got my wine in no time, and my friend waited to get a plate for the salad bar.
After about 10min,she asked the waiter about the salad bar, and he replied that there is no salad bar with the order.

(what!!! I ordered from the menu over the cashier- where it is specifically written one trip to the salad bar, I have picture to prove it).

When i told him to check the menu, he brought the Manager -Darryl Benton.

The rudest manager I ever encountered.

I told Mr. Manager D. Benton what we had told the waiter, he said that he will bring a plate but my friend can only take it from... here... and not from there... touch this... and not that... soooo many qualifiers, that my friend who is disabled and only wanted some lettuce, wanted to leave.

I still wanted her to have a nice dinner for the holiday and I wanted to enjoy a glass of red wine,
with her, while she is having dinner.

So I took her plate to the salad bar ( again my friend is disabled, in nursing home), to put some green on her plate, and noticed the waiter and the manager watching me like a hawks ...I believe so i want put anything not allowed on the plate...(i did not know that one trip to the salad bar has so many restrictions).

At this point I told the manager that we no longer wanted to eat there, and i want my money back.
Mr. Manager D. Benton, did not even tried to be nice about the situation or apologies for his offensive behavior, instead he said , i will give you the money back but you pay for the wine.

I did have few zips of the wine while waiting for the food to arrive, however I saved most of it to enjoy while my friend is having dinner .

Mr. Manager D. Benton , gave me the credit slip with a charge on the wine, i refused to sign it.
We just left, wine glass almost full, we had enough humiliation for one evening, and to treat a disabled person this way, and ruined her holiday, is uncalled for.

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank ruthlmil1
Sanger, Texas
“sizzler, my old friend”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2012

Hadn't been to a Sizzler in years, it was like meeting an old friend and picking up where you left off. Food was still good, more crowded than I would have liked. However it was good.

Visited December 2012
Los Angeles, California
“Gross salad bar caused food poisoning.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2012

Steak was tough and the salad caused food poisoning for two of us who at there. Avoid!

• Visited February 2012