“The service is bad!!!!”

Wildcraft Sourdough Pizza
Reserve with OpenTable
Wildcraft Sourdough Pizza is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #51 of 329 Restaurants in Culver City
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed January 19, 2014 via mobile

I read some comments...but still we gave it a tried. We had a pizza which was ok, cauliflower & two drinks. Sadly I have to agree the food overall was ok but the service it was certainly bad!!!

Reviewed December 18, 2013

Decent pizza and a must if you're a big sourdough fan. However, PIzza's are not very big and can be pricey.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

Went here with friends (3 adults and 3 kids-ages 15 to 10) for a casual dinner. We were looking for a pizza for the kids that would be just pepperoni and cheese. When the waiter came over we asked if we could get a common pizza such as the Pepperoni Pizza and he went into this big long snobby story about how the chef does not allow substitutions. I said "You are a pizza place and you can't make a pepperoni pizza?". He then said we could pick their special cheese pizza and ADD pepperoni to it. That would be acceptable. Then we wanted to order 3 small salads and we didn't want to have onions or radishes in the salad. He said he absolutely couldn't take off those items b/c the chef doesn't allow it. I said let me get this straight, we are the customers and i am about to order $18 in salads and you can't take off onions or radishes which is a simple thing to do. He said "No they could not". I then said, "You don't want me to spend $18.00 in your restaurant over a few onions and radishes b/c we aren't going to order these salads unless you take them off". He said let me go ask the chef. He came back and said "YOU WIN" to me and that we could indeed order the salads the way we want. Probably w/ a side of spit... This place is snobby, this place is not helpful, this place has an arrogance about it from all employees, even the water boy was rude and unfriendly. I would never recommend eating a place that treated their customers so terribly. I don't write bad reviews unless I have to and this place was that bad!!! The $18.00 worth of Simple Salads were not what we had hoped for even after all that haggling over ingredients. The pizza was good though. I just think there are plenty of places in this particular area that want your business and that EARN your business so skip this place and try one of the many others off Culver Blvd. We enjoyed Public School and they treated 100% the way we should be treated!!

3  Thank Sparky8188
Reviewed April 24, 2013

I work around the area so there was wild anticipation for the opening of this place.

I finally got to try it today. It wasn't crowded and it seemed pleasant enough and the server was nice.

Ordered the spicy sausage pizza, a side Ceasar salad and a soft drink. Not the most adventurous choice but server seemed excited about it.

The salad came out. It was just OK. I thought the thin slice of sourdough crusted with unidentified cheese posing as the crouton made it look special but it was not crispy and unpleasantly chewy.

It took a while for the pizza to come out inspite of the waiter's constant reassurance that it was "coming up next" or "two minutes". I almost walked out but I thought, hey - this place is really well reviewed, the pizza must be worth the wait - right?

NOT QUITE. The pizza finally arrived and the dough was leathery-pasty and raw in certain places. The topping was barely there with hardly any flavor profile to speak of. It was dotted with hard chunky flakes of some sort of dried pepper which I suppose was the "spicy" part. I never thought I would crave Domino's Pizza, but at that moment, I did. The total came to $20 with tax and tip.

I would not recommend ANYONE to spend their time and money on this poseur haute pizza joint. I returned to the office and everyone I spoke to agreed that the pizza here was a joke.

Reviewed April 12, 2013

I have two big problems with this place:
1. I do not live close enough to go there often.
2. I was torn when it came to choosing my meal -- too many things sounded good.

I heard about Wildcraft from a friend who knows one of the principals behind this place, and since I went last week I've recommended it to several others. These people care about their food. I'd love to see some seasonal specials to mix up the already impressive menu. It'd be worth the 40-mile one-way trip for me to agonize over the choices again.

My picks:
Burrata pizza
Brussels sprouts starter (similar to a dish at Abigaile in the South Bay -- same exec chef)