“Inventive Menu, great food/beer”
Review of Public School 310

Public School 310
Ranked #9 of 320 Restaurants in Culver City
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

I ate here with my family yesterday. We just happened upon this place and glad we did!

We went straight in on the bacon cheddar tater tots, they were awesome! They were a little expensive (~$1 a tot) - but we'd do it again!

We also got the Deviled Eggs, which was a great choice. The egg yokes had pancetta and what tasted like Jalapeño (not hot, but a slow burn) in it. That said the yoke part of the Deviled egg was not the typical consistency - it was more like play dough - but don't let that out you off.

My wife and I both got the burgers which were really good (not as great as the appetizers, but still pretty good).

My son had the sliders from the kiddy menu and was raving about the fries. And my daughter enjoyed her pasta.

Oh, and the beer selection was really great. They even have the world famous St. Bernardus on draft (a rare find, even in Belgium).

Overall I'd say this place is a must when in Culver City - but I'd probably recommend tasting all of their amazing appetizers and have a having a few beers - the burgers are great, but you can get a great burger nearly anywhere in LA.

Reviewed February 19, 2014

went with some locals, who are into the trendy scene. choices limited to thsoe who are not hungry, but tater tots with bacon were good as was minestrone. loud, but it is Saturday night, will pass on it next time, left hungry and for my $60 felt robbed. Yuppie world I choose not to live in.

Reviewed January 9, 2014

Tons of craft and local brews, awesome atmosphere, and delicious food. The Brussels sprouts were to die for. Downtown Culver City was adorable, and this restaurant fit right in. We were only in LA for 24 hours, and this totally made the trip! We will be back here next time.

Reviewed December 18, 2013

It's hard to find a decent "upscale" gastropub in this part of town that I like. Waterloo has been disappointing every time I've eaten there. We really liked Larry's in the beginning until they shunned us (see my review). So that doesn't leave many options between Culver City and the beach.

We went to Public School 310 their opening night and were blown away. The service was awesome, the deviled eggs were awesome, the beer selections were awesome. The kale caeser salad with chicken is AWESOME. But our favorite dinner dish is the roasted jidori birck chicken with the white bean ragout! I think you get were I'm going here

The only thing we ordered here that we didn't care for was the Salmon-Pastrami Ruben - didn't realize it was going to be served smoked (think lox) and was wayy too salty.

I think the last time I had a burger with quinoa salad. The quinoa salad really makes a guy think he's eating healthy. No complaints about the burger. Oh, and try the mezze plate too - small portion of hummus, baba ghanoush, tapenade and marinated chickpeas.

They've generally got 2 or 3 IPAs on tap. Sparkling water is on the house, no $8-10 markup on CO2 infused WATER. Ample TVs throughout with Lakers, Dodgers (and those other LA sports teams) on the screens.

Gonna be one of our regular haunts and hope you all feel the same.

Reviewed November 19, 2013

Love the school concept, design from the napkins, the table and chairs to the menus. Happy Hour serves up good and yummy deals. I love the deal they have for the wine carafe during happy hour. I have to come back to try out their regular menu.