“Great Ambience & good food!”
Review of Muddy Leek - CLOSED

Muddy Leek
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Sherbourne
Transit: Near the metro stop at National and Washington Blvd as well as the Bus stop all along the block - great location.
Pasadena, California
“Great Ambience & good food!”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Our group of 9 had the comfortable outdoor patio table and we loved the feel of the tall wooden walls punctuated with epiphyte plants. Being a bigger group we were pushed toward family style dining even though we were not especially inclined to eat that way preferring sharing items by two people together. Some items were terrific and tasty (ribs, risotto (although I couldn't really taste the morel), potato-leek tart, chicken) while others just uninspired (pizzeta (greasy) and spinach salad, which we all had higher hopes for). The desserts (we had plum cake and the deconstructed napoleon) were a fantastic blend of flavors and textures. Nice wine list (not too many places carry zweigelt) and great drinks. On another occasion I devoured a duck confit/arugula/poached egg dish that was highly satisfying!!

• Visited June 2013

Los Angeles
“When I first woke up in the morning I thought, when can I go back to Muddy Leek? I hope they still have my favorite dish”
Reviewed June 14, 2013

The quality of the food is so high, and the ambiance is so relaxed yet refined. The chef, Whitney Flood, is so tuned in to what tastes go together for an elevated culinary experience. The soft shelled crab is in season, I can't wait to go back. The best salads, succulent and tender meats and vegetables. And the cocktails are amazing! real food, in season and gorgeous-I love the back patio- a beautiful meal worthy of my limited free-time. If I'm going to go anywhere it has to be really special. Sergio is an awesome server- he's obviously proud of how great the food is. And he cares that you have the best experience possible. The leek tart melts in your mouth.

• Visited June 2013
Park City, Utah
“Nice and quiet with decent food”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

I was a solo visitor here in April 2013. As usual, there was no place but the bar which is always hit or miss. The restaurant was a little more than half full; it's not a huge place to start with, maybe seats about 40-50 people. I had two decent appetizers, the shrimp and cucumber skewers and the leek and egg dish which comes on a bed of polenta. The presentation is very simple and food tasted good but nothing to write home about. I had the berry cobbler which might have been the best of them all. That and two glasses of wine set me back a whopping $58 plus tip. I would certainly go back to Muddy Leek but I wouldn't rush back. I think the concept is great but the execution won't make any headlines; I would advise the chef to go spend some time in Charleston and take a few notes on flavoring. The one great thing I loved though was the location; it's off the beaten path and street parking is a dream.

• Visited April 2013
Los Angeles
“A 'Distant' Gem”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

A bit east of CC restaurant road, this restaurant is worth your driving a few more blocks. Small signage - so don't give up. On street easy parking. Food - innovative, farm fresh. Pastry chef just named one of 30 under 30 chefs in the area. Friendly wait staff. Not too noisy.

• Visited March 2013
Paris, France
“Modern Muddy Leek”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Today's salad special was made with avocado, mandarin orange segments, radishes, candied almonds, and arugula with a citrus dressing. No matter which salad you prefer, each is made with farm fresh produce and prepared with a light dressing which enhances the ingredients instead of masking or drowning them.

The hit of the meal was the grass fed sliders with wasabi aioli on brioche mini buns and sweet potato fries for $14. We asked for extra rare and got it :) The excellent buns with just the right amount of aioli to slider ratio made this the perfect small bite (two 4 oz sliders). Sweet potato fries were a nice creative variation on the standard fries that accompany burgers.

• Visited February 2013