“A Gem on Culver City Restaurant Row”
Review of Meet in Paris

Meet in Paris
Reserve with OpenTable
Meet in Paris is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 312 Restaurants in Culver City
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Duquesne
Transit: Culver City buses service area.
Springfield, Virginia
“A Gem on Culver City Restaurant Row”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Culver City sports a great collection of restaurants in the blocks around the interestion of Culver Blvd and Washington Blvd. There are at least 10 interesting restaurants of which our first was Meet in Paris. We went fairly early on a Sunday evening so it was not crowded. There are about 12 open air table under the awning in front, but we chose to eat inside. The service was friendly and attentive. We benefitted from a Sunday half-price special on some wines and had a nice Cote-De-Rhone. For appetizers, we had the French Onion Soup and Tomato Tarte Tatin--both were excellent. For entrees, I had Penne Rigate (being ecumenical with an Italian dish with sausage and peas in tomato cream sauce). My bride had the mussels, which are a house speciality--they offer 16 selections. Both were fine. The inside dining room is quite small, even intimate. The room filled up as the evening progressed, but it was the noise level was always low. If we are looking for restaurant options in LA, this restaurant row offers great options, and Meet in Paris would be a good choice

• Visited August 2013

Austin, Texas
“Perfect dinner”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

My daughter treated me to dinner for my birthday. She arranged our dinner for the night with all you can eat mussels.......she loves them. As it was a warm evening we decided to eat inside. Our server was very helpful, suggesting which choices of sauce would be better for my daughter and also advising us on a bottle of wine. I had amazing steak and frites and we shared a dessert. This place is well worth a visit and every table was taken the evening we were there.

Visited May 2013
Los Angeles, California
“A little bit of France ...”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

The food was delicious. There is a large outdoor area that is pleasant. The service was good and you never felt rushed. The prices were fair.

• Visited July 2013
Culver City, California, United States
“Moules Frites”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Great mussels and fries and one of the most authentic poached egg and bacon salads in town. The servers are friendly and well versed in the menu. It can be crowded with a waiting line, so be prepared

Visited July 2013
West Hollywood, California
“Tasty French Fare without the attitude”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

We chose this restaurant because it was close to a theater we were headed for. Overall, I was very impressed. First, the negatives:
a. The bread is not even close to authentic French bread. (Je suis désolé -- I'm sorry). It should be a simple fix.
b. We went on a Saturday night and it was packed. We ate inside near the front window and I couldn't help feeling that it was a little overwhelming. The acoustics were bad (it was hard to hear our server -- I'm certain that something can be added to 'soften' the sound in the restaurant) and the server, while very attentive, seemed a little rushed/distracted.
c. I ordered the Mussels which was around $25; I feel that when you're spending so much for an entree, the server should communicate to the person who brings the food to the table which dish goes to which customer. I was annoyed having to listen hard when the food was brought so I could direct the person where to put each plate.

Now, the good news...
a. Wonderful, wonderful food. The Mussels Provençale were exquisite. My fellow diners raved about their dishes, as well.
b. The ambiance was very nice -- the decor, the music -- just beautiful
c. A relaxed atmosphere with an attentive server.

• Visited July 2013