“A tasty bit of France in Culver City...”
Review of La Dijonaise

La Dijonaise
Ranked #40 of 316 Restaurants in Culver City
Cuisines: French, Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Los Angeles, California
“A tasty bit of France in Culver City...”
Reviewed December 12, 2011

I have been to La Dijonaise several times, and rarely am I disappointed. This time, I had the quiche lorraine, and it was absolutely delicious. My date had the duck salade (très québecoise), and he enjoyed it tremendously. For dessert, I had the seasonal pumpkin mousse (delectable and amazingly light), and he had the mousse au chocolat (fabulous and rich as always).

The only negatives that come to mind deal with a couple of the restaurant's policies. Although omelettes are served all day long, the croque madame, which I had been craving, is not available after breakfast because it comes with a fried egg. That makes no sense whatsoever. Surely, if the croque monsieur is served, and eggs have to be cracked to make an omelette, the two processes can be combined to make a croque madame.

Another critique deals with coffee refills. I had ordered a cappuccino. When I finished, I asked if I could have a cup of regular decaf coffee, not a decaf cappuccino. The server said that I would be charged for it. If I had ordered the decaf coffee (which costs less) in the first place, I wouldn't have been charged for the refill. Cost-wise, that is illogical. In any case, I did order the decaf coffee.

With the exception of these two odd policies, which I hope will change, I will definitely be returning to La Dijonaise, and if at all possible, after 1:30 to avoid the lunchtime crowds.

• Visited December 2011
2 Thank mmelang

London, United Kingdom
“A local favorite”
Reviewed October 6, 2011

We live within walking distance and come for dinner fairly often. The food is always good, sometimes great, and very reasonable. They also make a mean Mojito! It's a relaxed and casual place, good for families, with a fairly extensive menu. Free parking in the Helms Bakery lots. But it's great to be able to walk there!

• Visited September 2011
Los Angeles, California
“Favorite breakfast. Regular customer”
Reviewed June 7, 2011

This is the restaurant that comes to mind whenever I want a no-nonsense elegant breakfast and excellent coffee. Their baked goods, their baguettes are just like they should be. I love their preparation of eggs! Whether in a quiche, poached, scrambled, over easy, in an omelette, their chef does it best. The service is excellent and their waiters are friendly, courteous, and very appealing. The restaurant is clean and has a beautiful combo of modern and cozy french design (? I don't know how else to describe it). I wish it wasn't so crowded in the mornings... but I know why. I have been coming here many many many years and hope it stays forever.

• Visited May 2011

Great Service
Great Location

From Wine to Bread & Butter to Shrimp to Soup to Desert...Fantastic

Santa Clara, California
“Enjoyed coffee and tea w/some french pastries. Pleasant place to chill and/or do some work. Didn't have chance to try...”
Reviewed March 23, 2010

Enjoyed coffee and tea w/some french pastries. Pleasant place to chill and/or do some work. Didn't have chance to try the full menu. The service we received was good.