“very uncomfortable experience” 3 of 5 bubbles

Kayndaves
Ranked #41 of 305 Restaurants in Culver City
Cuisines: Mexican, Bar, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Los Angeles
“very uncomfortable experience”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2011

I went on a Thursday night around 7pm with my teenage daughter and we sat inside because it was a bit chilly out and I don't like breathing the car fumes that much since it is right next to the road, but my biggest complaint is that the place is dark. the lighting is so dim and the tiny candles (1 per table) flicker constantly and don't shed any light to help you read the menu. I mentioned to the waiter that I couldn't see the menu (which is quite large but with smallish print) and he offered to bring over another tiny candle and have me hold it, which would have just burnt my fingers. I heard the couple at the table next to us say "I can't see the menu" as well. This also means that you can't really see what you are eating, which makes me uncomfortable. The service was also slow and inacurrate and the place wasn't that crowded. The salsa they bring is good but too spicy for my daughter so early on, I asked if they could bring some pico de gallo, but they did not bring it and no one came to check on us for about 20 minutes and then our food I rrived and I reminded them and it took another 10 min to get some which we didn't really want at that point anymore. The food was fine and the black beans especially delicious. Perhaps I'll return in the daylight and order something different. I did not like my salmon and spinach enciladas because there was too much cheese and not enough spinach, and I did not like the flavor of the cheese at all.

• Visited September 2011
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Anguilla
“Good Margaritas & Nice Outside Seating”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2011

The margaritas are good and the prices are definitely reasonable, though my food was just teetering on the good side of average. The outside seating is nice though and it's a fun place to kick off an evening. While I thought that the blended strawberry margarita was delish, the jalapeno margarita was definitely NOT my favorite!

• Visited February 2011
Los Angeles, California
“So good margaritas!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2011

Never tried their full menu, but since I live down the street I found out about their great happy hour. Every day is different, but Monday's are my favorite! 3 dollar margaritas and a menu with Mexican food for a few dollars. The margaritas are so good and they are not holding back on the tequila like alot of other places do for happy hour!! But get their early for one of the 4 outside tables, or it's only the bar that's left!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Culver City
“The Culver City location is new since...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2010

The Culver City location is new since early 2010. Lots of outdoor seating. Family friendly and full bar with happy hour every day at bar. Food and portions are good, price is decent. Lots of seafood, fish, and veggie options. Awsome organic margaritas! Amazing coconut flan served in coconut shell--enough for 3 to share!!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Sub-par Mexican food. Go for drinks only with a group.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2008

Sub-par Mexican food. Go for drinks only with a group.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook