“Real Danish Pastry”

Ranked #1 of 12 Dessert in Culver City
Los Angeles, California
“Real Danish Pastry”
Reviewed November 19, 2013

Copenhagen Pastry has the best, lightest, most flavorful pastry outside of, well, Copenhagen. The folks there are friendly and helpful. I secretly believe this is a front for the Danish Tourism Board. Lol.

It is a big hit with our family and friends.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Bigmista

San Diego, California
“Fantastic pastries!!!”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

This place should be on your "must visit" list. We stayed in Culver City on a two-day trip to visit the Getty Villa and Getty Center and found this review on TripAdvisor. We were not disappointed. The service was friendly, and we got to meet the baker. The interior is modern and clean. There is no seating inside; it's a take out kind of place, but we ate our pastries on the bench just outside. Scrumptious!

• Visited July 2013
Los Angeles, California, United States
“OH YUM!”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

A friend told me about this place after I told her about my recent trip to Solvang. I don't live far from this bakery and didn't know it was there! Now I'm in trouble since I love Danish pastries.The service was delightful. The selection good. I bought several assorted pastries for sampling and each was fresh and yummy, even the next day! I can't even pick a favorite. And the price is good ($1.85 for each). The Hygge Bakery downtown is almost $1 more for the same thing.

• Visited June 2013
Los Angeles
“true joy!”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Karen (the owner) & the rest of the Copenhagen staff deserve it all 5 stars! we heart you, Copenhagen. we have been needing a bakery like you in the neighbourhood for so long -- and now here you are!
the husbinator is German so he is WAY critical/picky about anything that bills itself as a European bakery. so you know this place is amazing because whenever i start to even say "honey, let's get something at Copen...",he's basically in the car with the engine running already.
at this point we've more or less eaten our way through everything in the display case. the rye bread is amazing and very authentic, meaning it's dense and heavy but full of flavour. anything involving marzipan or fruit is awesome. oh wait, that's most stuff. no worries though, there are always generous samples out on the counter.
i realise i may be dooming my baby son to a lifetime of pastry love because whenever i bring him with me to pick stuff up, he gets lots of smiles and cuddles. then he gets two eye-rollingly ecstatically happy parents. so clearly he is learning to connect Copenhagen with joy.
which is an accurate summary...it's obvious a lot of love and joy go into the making of these delightful pastries. they are consistently high-quality, fresh, and mind-blowingly delicious. it's easy to turn an ordinary day into something special by going in & getting a treat, and enjoying the smiles & friendliness of the staff. joy oh joy!

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank hadashi
Los Angeles, California
“Perfect. Always.”
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Heavenly. Everything ...yes, everything is awesome. Consistent. Perfect every time. Karen, the owner, is welcoming and pleasant always. The worst thing about this place...closed on Mondays.

• Visited April 2013