“Vegan fast food?”
Review of Native Foods - CLOSED

Native Foods
Description: Close to the intersection of Washington Blvd & Culver Blvd in downtown Culver
Reviewed April 14, 2014

This little chain will take over the world, if people really care about what they ingest. Great tasting, completely vegetarian/vegan cuisine. Good for the body, good for the planet, and easy on the wallet. They seem to specialize in imitation meats of various sorts. Not having eaten meat or fowl in decades myself, this approach is usually lost on me. But the burgers are amazing. Super tasty. Not necessarily the most romantic place in town - you order from the counter and they bring the food out to you. Unless, of course, your date is a parsimonious vegan. Love the outdoor seating.

Reviewed February 13, 2014

Now I can truly say, Native Foods is HANDS DOWN THE *BEST* vegan restaurant around. I tried Veggie Grill the other day and it pales in volumes compared to Native Foods. Everything is well paired for taste and fullness. I always joke that I'll be hungry an hour later after eating here, but it's definitely not the case. Each item is season to perfection and I honestly don't even miss the meat! There was one week I nearly ate here every day and I have to say it definitely put a little bit more bounce into my steps! Don't forget to sign up for their club card (it's worth it!) and always get their Watermelon Fresca, its to die for!

Reviewed January 28, 2014

I have frequented Native Foods for the last four years and I love their selections. They have popular favorites and are not afraid to introduce new items to the menu.

Reviewed December 24, 2013

I took my family to this place, most of whom are not vegan. They all loved Native Foods Cafe! We had the the nachos, steak sandwich, tacos, and more. Everything was quite delicious! I crave their food all the time. I only wish that they had a Native Foods Cafe in every city!

Reviewed September 8, 2013

For a vegan, this is one of the best options in L.A. It has a great menu, with inventive dishes. The nachos are a decadent treat. The Rockin' Moroccan Bowl and the Bangkok Curry Bowl are my favorite entrees. I like to substitute the tofu steak for blackened seitan chicken. There is a daily soup special - The African Peanut Soup is my favorite. I like the choice of indoor and outdoor seating. Only complaint is that the air ducts blow on you most anywhere you sit indoors, and it gets too cold.

2  Thank SteveSantaFe