“Best Reuben sandwich I've ever had”
Review of Native Foods - CLOSED

Native Foods
Description: Close to the intersection of Washington Blvd & Culver Blvd in downtown Culver
Los Angeles
“Best Reuben sandwich I've ever had”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Yes, that's right; their non-meat Reuben sandwich beats any regular Reuben I've had at a deli. The upside is that I can eat it without feeling guilty about what I'm doing to my arteries! I'm not a vegan or vegetarian, but I love this place. They kindly mark their menu with suggestions for non-vegans, which makes it easy to take folks here who might not be inclined to try a vegan place. A number of "healthy" restaurants tried to make it in this area and couldn't. Native Foods has been popular since they opened. I think that's a mark of the great food & service. Obviously, not "just any" vegan place will make it in this neighborhood.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank USC-Gal

Minnetonka, Minnesota, United States
“Vegan for non-vegans.”
Reviewed March 1, 2013

My wife and I ate here because our son recommended it and because he's mostly a vegetarian. I'm not anywhere close to being one myself so I was tentative about eating here. It was a busy place with a line for dinner. You order at a counter and they deliver the food at your table identified by a number. I ordered the Portobello and "Sausage" Burger. To my surprise it was delicious. The homemade sausage is actually wheat gluten also known as "wheat meat". Great flavors. I pretty much inhaled the sandwich, it was so tasty. The bottomless homemade lemonade and iced tea was appreciated too. I could be a vegetarian if I could make everything taste this good.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Steve M
Los Angeles, California
“Very Good Healthy Restaurant”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

You get a lot for your money. Very clean and healthy food. The food has wonderful flavors.
It is a nice, casual place. You can eat indoors or outdoors and people watch.

• Visited January 2013
Los Angeles, California
“All vegan, all good! Even if you eat meat!”
Reviewed June 1, 2012

Are you tired of skimming a meaty menu to find something you can eat if you are vegan or vegetarian? You might get overwhelmed here with all the choices! If you have other dietary needs, you can look at the specialized menu for gluten free, soy free, or nut free...This place is divine! My favorite is the Ruben (seitan made on site) and the Rockin' Moroccan (made with Quinoa---I like to get the blackend tempeh as the (m)eat).

Even my meat eating friends enjoy this place. A great place to enter into the world of vegan eats!
Meals run about $10 each, but cost increases if you get sides and drinks. Worth every penny!
Outdoor seating, heat lamps, dog/kid friendly, located in busy downtown Culver City.

• Visited May 2012