“Decent to Good”

Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Culver City
Los Angeles
“Decent to Good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2007

I stayed here last night because I worked late at Sony studio and didn't want to drive 35 miles home to Simi Valley in the rain. All I was looking for was a clean, safe, and quiet room. And it was just what I was looking for. It's located near the 405 on Sepulveda between 3 or 4 other motels and it seemed the nicest and safest looking motel of the bunch. The others next door, Half Moon, Deano, Astro all were cheaper but looked disgusting and sleazy from the street. So I paid more ( $89 vs. $55) but sometimes you get what you pay for...and this was one of those times. I showed at midnight and I felt safe and the clerk was nice and accomodating. He gave me a suite (not really...just a couch and mini fridge) but didn't charge me the extra $15 since it was late. Except for the heater not working and the fan in the bathroom making a bit of noise everything was as expected. Don't go in with high expectation and you won't be dissappointed. I mentioned the heater and the manage said he'd get right on it. Definitely motel style..... but safe, clean, decent amenities (espn, hbo, video on demand, mini fridge, microwave, seating area, comfy bed) but tight on some things...no clock or alarm in room, bathroom amenities very basic, lotion and shampoo only, towels rough, but clean.
If you only need a comfy bed, hot shower, and some peace and quiet...then this is your place.

• Liked — closeness to sony studios
  • Disliked — bathroom fan made noise...heater didn't work
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank mikevideo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
los angeles
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2007

I stayed here 3 nites and they had every thing I needed. Free internet, cable tv , hairdryer, clean linen, clean room.
Front desk staff was very nice and willing to help.
For the area there rates were very reasonable too.
On top of all this the motel also has free continental breakfast.
What else can one ask for.
I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank vmanibhai
vmpCulvercity, Manager at Sunburst Spa & Suites Motel, responded to this review, May 5, 2010
I thank you very much for your patronage here at our motel and hope to welcome you here again in the future.
We value your opinion will appreciate any refferals.
Thank you.
Kind Regards.
Arizona
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2005

We checked in to our block of 4 rooms- one room looked as if someone was currently living in it- beds unmade, trash everywhere, TV on. When I went to the front desk to try and get the room switched I was repeatedly told that it wasn't the front desk's fault, he had no other options, would we mind staying in the room as it was? An hour later, a maid was finally brought in to clean the room. Of our 4 rooms, 2 had phones that were disconnected, and none of the rooms received their wake-up call, thereby making all of us late for our early morning event. When I checked the group out and mentioned that there were no wake-up calls that went out, again I was told by a different clerk that "it wasn't his fault" - I would never, under any circumstances stay here again. The rooms were dirty, dingy, the staff was rude- it amazed me that we paid almost $100 for a flea-bag motel room.

Stayed November 2005
4 Thank CtotheG
vmpCulvercity, Front Office Manager at Sunburst Spa & Suites Motel, responded to this review, May 5, 2010
Your experience in 2005 at the motel is surely one to remember. I am truely sympathetic to your feelings and would like to inform you that an event such as yours is certainly highly unlikely to repeat here these days. Many years have passed since your incident and many things have changed specially here at the Motel. Guest satisfaction and comfort are our number one concern and we aim to please in every way possible.

Travelers are raving about these Culver City hotels

A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2005

Pros: Room was very spacy compared to the regular hotels. Refridgerator was included. Location was good. People were friendly. Checkout was easy.

Cons: Check out time was not accurate to websites (11:00am). Checked us into an uncleaned room, although getting a new room was quick and easy. Didn't give enough towels. Maid didn't come in till 9 so guest had to pick up their own towels from the front desk. Maid didn't sweep clean enough. Front desk was not reliable in returning calls.

Overall, guest service and quality of hotel was good, but maid service needs improvements.

• Stayed August 2005
8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Things have changed since 2005 and providing great care for our guests are at the top of the list. Guest comfort is our number one priorty. Pay us a visit next time in town. Stay elsewhere , but check us out anyway and you wont be dissappointed if you happen to speak to one of our front desk staff.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Culver City
Westside
BEST WESTERN Royal Palace Inn & Suites
The Culver Hotel
#1 of 8 in Culver City

Been to Sunburst Spa & Suites Motel? Share your experiences!