“Unique Asian food”
Review of Lukshon

Lukshon
Reserve with OpenTable
Lukshon is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 337 Restaurants in Culver City
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 24, 2013

We enjoy eclectic food, and this one fits the bill...the selection is very unique, and the tastes are amazing. If you are a meat and potato kind of a person, that might not be for you.....
If you are an adventurer and open to different foods, this is your kind of place....we got there during DineLA and had both the special menu and the regular menu as well. From the DineLA selection we enjoyed the delicate Hawaiian Butterfish, the crunchy delicious tea leaf salad and the Softshell crab in a splendid sauce.( All this are part of the normal menu as well). We then ordered the daily whole fish, which was moist and yummy!
The wine and beer selection is also unique and included great Belgium beers. The place is beautiful, very modern and pleasant. We will be back!

Reviewed April 22, 2013

And that is saying something as there are a plethora of good restaurants in CC to choose from.

Very tasty, high quality food, well prepared & presented, friendly & efficient service as well!

My wife and I decided at the last minute to visit. We arrived without a reservation and were very happily and immediately seated at the Chef's bar. We were very happy with the evening. This was our fourth visit to this restaurant and we will definitely return.

We ordered and shared the Chang Mai Noodles, Black Rice, Tea Leaf Salad & Crab Fritter. I had a small batch Kentucky Bourbon on the rocks and the Mrs. had the Hot & Sour Gimlet. We both left very impressed and satisfied. I could not recommend Lukshon more highly and in fact like it better than the late great Beacon which closed some years ago and was just across the way at the Helms Bakery complex.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

My wife and I visited with two friends on a weekend night. We had a reservation, the reservation was promptly honored. The food was, in my opinion, good but not great, inventive but almost overdone, though really there was nothing wrong with it. The price for dinner for four was about $135 with tip, so not too bad. My real issue, the deal breaker, the reason I will not be back was the NOISE. I could barely hear the waiter and conversation with people at my own table was difficult. It wasn't just because the place was packed, there was a music system going which I suppose was supposed to give the place a trendy feel. I could have done without it. The staff was pleasant and competent, but overall I was underwhelmed. Without the NOISE I would have given it a four, but the noise prevented a pleasant dining experience.

1  Thank NH1212
Reviewed March 16, 2013

From someone whose been here many times before and referred many people, we were so disappointed with Lukshon tonight. We had an 8:30PM reservation, and the hostess accidentally marked it as a No Show, which we found out about when we checked in at 8:10PM. We did not get seated until 9:15PM because evidently our table was given away. Yes, this does happen at restaurants, so we weren't too upset about it.
However, at the time we ordered, we asked to do wine and beer tastings with each dish. Shortly thereafter, we received about 5 of our dishes, perhaps in an effort to overcompensate for their screwup with our reservation. This is not conducive to pairing each dish with a different wine. We asked them to slow it down. Besides the dessert, none of the dishes were introduced or explained, so our 4 guests were wondering what they had been served. We talk up Lukshon a lot and this was just simply an embarrassment and did not live up to our expectations. Food was still tasty and they always have had unique wine to serve, but you would never know that from this experience. We would have ordered 2-3 more bottles if the wine pairings were timed correctly. Too bad...it will take a lot for us to return. You can get good food in many places in LA. What we used to love about Lukshon was the highly detailed level of service that is now gone.

1  Thank LApuplover
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I've heard about Lukshon for awhile, but never got around to trying it. Yet another reason to love DineLA. We ordered off their menu, but also ordered 2 extra dishes to supplement our meal.

Cantonese chicken soup - Great way to start off your meal. Really liked this soup.
Pig ear - Meh. I grew to like pig ears when I tried it at Animal. I didn't like the way this was prepared.
Grilled squid salad - This was just okay too.
Pork ribs - Okay but really salty
Pork belly - Not too memorable
Chicken pops - Salty and not so great
Black rice - Wish this came out sooner to help us balance out the saltiness

The service here was great, seriously excellent. The heated outdoor patio (couldn't feel the cool air) and overall ambiance of the place was wonderful. I think I would return to try more on their menu, but some items need work. I just felt that a majority of the dishes did not quite measure up to what I expected based on the environment and price point.