“Convenient location & clean rooms - no frills stay at the Sheraton” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Four Points by Sheraton Los Angeles Westside

Four Points by Sheraton Los Angeles Westside
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Culver City
Eden Prairie, Minnesota
“Convenient location & clean rooms - no frills stay at the Sheraton”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2007

Went to the LA area for the weekend to meet up with my boyfriend who was there for meetings...

He chose the Four Points Sheraton Culver City for two reasons - first, to get Starwood points and second, because of it's convenience to LAX, LA, Santa Monica and Malibu.

We were able to check in early on Friday afternoon with no problems. Our room was 504 - a standard queen - which looked over the parking lot, a service station and ultimately the 405.

With the air conditioner/fan on, we couldn't hear the traffic from the 405 at all. With it off you can, but it's not bad at all.

The lobby is nice - restaurant/bar off to the right - desk to the left. Past the front desk towards the guest elevators is a sitting/lounge/library area...kind of cute. There is a "business center" but I think it's just a PC - there is no printer. We had to ask if we could print out our boarding passes from the front desk staff - and they complied.

We didn't have an issues with rude staff - maybe because we were only there two days - but everyone seemed fine towards us.

Our room was fine - looked newly remodeled - but nothing too fancy. There was a large desk with two chairs so two people could comfortably work there at the same time. There was a chair with a side table, two bedside tables, a dresser with the TV on top and a mini-fridge - that's about it. There was an iron and a full-sized ironing board, which was nice (as opposed to those mini boards!) The bed was what I would consider on the firm side with nice bedding and lots of pillows. I also thought the linens were pretty scratchy, but then again I'm the girl who buys 1000 tc sheets for my bed at home. There is a nice down comforter and like I mentioned before, lots of pillows.

The bath was TINY! My curling iron took up too much room! Thankfuly they do have a double shelf over the toilet so there is room for your toiletries!

The provide some standard toiletries...shampoo, conditioner and lotion as well as a body bar and face bar - but no shower gel.

They were a little strong smelling for me, but I'm sure other will think they are great - on the line of Bath and Body.

Shower was fine as far as pressure and hot water - so no complaints there.

The location is pretty central to the surround LA sites. You can hop on one of the main highways, but prepare to deal with LA traffic! If you are fine with stoplights, you may want to take Sepulveda or one of the other local roads to avoid the highway.

With that, the airport is literally 3 or 4 miles away and it's a quick trip to Santa Monica, Hollywood, DT LA, Malibu, etc...

We spent quite a bit of time in Santa Monica and had a great dinner at BOA Steakhouse. Dinner reservations are a must at any of the popular places. Realize your best chance to dine is early, as most people don't go out until after 8:00.

If you aren't familar with the LA area and you are renting a car, do try and get one with navigation! My boyfriend lived in California for 4 years and knows the area pretty well, but lots has changed - so the navigation was super helpful.

All in all, it was a good (but short) trip and I would stay at the Four Points Sheraton again - and would suggest it to others.

Happy travels!!

• Liked — Convenient to major sites, free parking and it was CLEAN!
  • Disliked — Small bathroom
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
2 Thank lisampls

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
  • Korean first
Derry
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2007

The Good
The room and lobby was very clean,which is one of the most important things when staying in a hotel.

The Bad
The staff were terrible,everytime we had a question we would have to ask several staff members just to get the correct answer,when ordering a drink from the bar it would take 10 minutes even though there was no one else at the bar the staff just talked amongst themselves in another language
,the only good staff we met were the cleaners who would make the bed everday which had a mountain of pillows.When booking trips to local places(universal studios,knotts berry farm hollywood etc) via a company called VIP tours our hotel would mess up the booking so we turned up a day early for our tour, and had to make our own way back from the tour company to the hotel.
My best advice is that this is a clean hotel, queen room is not big but acceptable, if u drive this hotel will suit u, but if u dont drive and u wish to visit hollywood, universal studios, nightclubs etc not only is this hotel not close to those places which i knew before booking but the staff wont point u in the right direction, but as i said if u drive and dont need any help, direction or a drink at the bar then this hotel is fine.Value for money rating 6/10. I must also add that I know people can add negative reviews for no reason, I just want to say this review is from someone who is down to earth and telling the truth.

• Liked — clean room
  • Disliked — staff
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Travelers are raving about these Culver City hotels

Santa Clara, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2007

A short business trip turned into a nightmare for me when I broke my foot at the mall. That led to me needing to extend my stay in LA at a decent price, to collect Starwood points, and still get a room that I could bear to be in for an extended period of time (I booked a week).

The Four Points collection has an aim of no frills pleasant practicality with neat bathroom amenities, free inroom water, free in room wifi - perfect for a business traveller. I booked a disabled room online, and got a very spacious room - next to the elevator and facing the freeway. I could hear the elevator, but it was faint, and I slept okay enough. The room seemed insulated from the freeway noise, plus when travelling I've just learned to bring earplugs. The bathroom was spacious but did not come with a shower chair or bench, but did have rails. No counter space, just a little double shelf above the toilet. There was no vent in the bathroom.

Rooms look recently renovated, do indeed look as promised on site, are very clean and have strong/good A/C. Room service is AWFUL - the staff is fine, the food is not worth the money and if you can get out and about, do it (I couldn't :( .) Television was a bit older, not the greatest selection of channel but I think they had HBO and of course the inroom movie menu.

The room came with a side chair that I spent a lot of time on/. Bed comfortable, no down pillows. For a disabled room, found it odd there was only one phone - on the desk, not by the bed, and not in the bathroom either. Bed nestled into a large bed cabinet, with large bedside tables and imbedded plugs to either side for charging laptops, phones, etc.

Parking is currently free, which is great.

Housekeeping staff was pleasant (saw a lot of them :).

As others have noted - service at front desk really needs to improve their attitude. They aren't negative but the are definitely not at all interested in helping, serving, or greeting. You must greet them before they greet you. I booked the disabled room, called the day of to be sure I was getting one, drove myself up limping in crutches and no one made any effort to a) help me b) send someone to help me with my bags/car, etc.

I had to hobble up, in pain, greet them, and begin the check in process. I had to then ask for them to send someone to help me park my car and bring my luggage to my room. They then took action as if it was something they SUPPOSED they could do, versus something they'd be happy to do because I was booking a week and dropping a good chunk of dough on their hotel.

I had to stand there - in pain - until the bellman they called came. He parked my car, followed me upstairs, and got a fat tip but the whole time I was angry like you wouldn't believe about the women at the front desk.

There was one in particular, tall with long curly hair (gelled), I saw her on multiple days when I'd leave to hobble off to the doctor, etc., or checked out, she'd just stand there and ignore me as I slowly hobbled toward her, or look at me and look away as if seeing a suffering, disabled guest inch their way toward her wasn't of interest or inspiring of compassion at all.

This is the same woman who made me carry down my laundry to drop it off at the front desk because they do not do pick ups from a guest room. Even though I was in the disabled room and she knew full well who I was because she'd been there when I checked in. I had to tie the laundry bag to my crutches and struggle it up to her to drop it off. Humiliating and frustrating to say the least.

Other days other staff were nicer, but again, not particularly eager to help me. No greeting, no "you're welcome" when I said "thank you." I definitely got far better service and treatment from the behind the scenes staff - bellman, room service, housekeeping.

As you can tell I won't be staying here again because of how they personally treated me, but this was an extended stay in extenuating circumstances. Outside of dealing with the front desk people, the room, quality of the hotel (I believe there's a gym, too?), closeness to attractions, the fact it's right next to the freeway and mall - it clearly has a lot of other stuff going on for it.

• Liked — Newer rooms, free wifi, comfy bedm, accessible rooms
  • Disliked — Room service food, front desk attitude poor
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled on business
3 Thank thmilin
Dallas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2007

The Four Points Sheraton in Culver city has been remodelled in the last 7-8 months based on what the hotel people told me. I believe that since all the furnishings looked new. The location is perfect for going to all the sight seeing places. I redeemed my star points and had to pay zero dollars for 4 nights in a deluxe room. Starwood rates their property as 2 star, Priceline rates it as 2.5 star. They don't charge for parking currently as it is not yet gated. Once that happens they will start charging that's what the front desk told me. I have read in previous posts people complaining about noise from 405 freeway. We hardly felt anything. If you have the drapes closed then that would obstruct it further.

Also, Culver City is a very nice area. Going to the ramp of 405 south which is 2mins there is a promenade where there are pretty nice restaurants and shopping places. Do visit this place in the evening for dinner. You would find lots of choices. In Culver City there is also a nice thai restaurant called Natalie Thai which is the best of best Thai restaurant i ever been. They have only two locations one in culver city and another in beveryly hills. Just be prepared to wait atleast half an hour.

My overall experience with Four Points Sheraton and Culver City was great.

• Stayed June 2007
4 Thank PMV
Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2007

I was skeptical due to the prior reviews I read about this hotel. However, I was looking for a convenient location with a comfortable bed that was clean and safe.

The hotel rooms look exactly like they do online. The room was very clean, the housekeeping service was great and they offer free in-room bottled water. There was a fridge and coffee maker in the room and the hotel is smoke free. The hotel is pet friendly as well.

The hotel restaurant is over priced and the food is mediocre. There are awesome alternatives just across the highway at The Bridge in the Howard Hughes Center.

The location is perfect for the traveler that wants to be minutes from the airport, beach, downtown LA and about 40 minutes from San Fernando Valley. I was able to visit each with ease during my stay. It is very true about the highway noise, be sure to ask for a room on the 8th floor.

My only issue was the TV in my room was broken, as the in-room movies were out of service and several chanels were not audible. I complained and I should have been invited to change rooms but instead they sent a maintenance person who said there was nothing he could do. They were to follow-up with me and that never happened. The movie chanels were inoperable the entire 4 night stay. I voiced my concern for their lack of follow-up on the issue and the hotel desk supervisor offered dinner vouchers. I at least feel my concerns were important to the hotel.

The service was average. They could have exhibited more enthusiasm and friendliness at the front desk. There were plenty of opportunities to make a service difference but the staff didn't seemed very moved that guest actually chose their hotel over their competition.

• Liked — Convenient Location
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
4 Thank msroz7
Lasswade, Scotland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2007

This is a great location for easy travel into Beverly Hills/Hollywood and Santa Monica.

It is just off the 405 highway which is noisy as the traffic never stops so I would recommend requesting a king room rather than a queen as these are situated at the rear of the hotel away from the freeway. If you prefer not to drive on the freeway and are not desperate to get places really quickly Sepulveda Bld is an ideal route to take to get to see the sites in Hollywood etc, it is also within easy reach of LAX.

There is free parking which was a nice surprise as you really have to have a car in LA to get around.

Overall the hotel as well as the room was clean and very comfortable. Would definintely stay there again.

• Liked — The location
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Coirre_Dubh
tokyo
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2007

after reading reviews here, i was a bit worried about staying here but did it anyways for a try.
i actually liked the hotel qiute much. it was in good location just off 405 which takes you to Beverly Hills/Hollywoon/SF Valley. you can go to airport, west LA and many other places without even using the freeway.

free parking was a nice surprise, and so was complimentary WiFi Access.

i first got a room in 6th floor facing freeway. though it was a delux room, it was noisy. i asked for change and they gave me a room in 5th floor, smaller but quieter.
overall the hotel as well as the room was clean, confortable, and felt safe as a woman traveling alone.

• Stayed May 2007, traveled on business
Sheraton Gateway Los Angeles
#63 of 348 in Los Angeles
Westside
Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - LAX Airport
Extended Stay America - Los Ange...
#233 of 348 in Los Angeles

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Los Angeles Westside? Share your experiences!