I hardly know where to begin to review this hotel. We chose to stay here so we could park and fly to LAX. We arrived in the evening and were given a room on the freeway side of the hotel. (The freeway is literally next to the hotel). The room at first glance appeared fine, but in reality was very dirty. There was hair in the bathtub and on the bathroom floor and the room was very dusty. We were afraid to touch anything.
We arrived in the evening (about 8 pm) we wanted to get a bite to eat. After waiting and waiting in the restaurant for service, we finally gave up and decided to get something out of the vending machine only to find it was out of order. Frustrated, we returned back to our room and ate a box of crackers we had brought with us.
The hotel staff was friendly, but did not seem to know anything about what was going on. Two different people at the desk gave us completely conflicting information on the shuttle service that was available to the airport. (We would later find out how bad their shuttle service was on our return from our vacation). The parking lot is not secure and we worried about our car while we were away. This is not a great part of town, and there were some shady characters not only coming and going from the hotel, but in the lot as well. The hotel does not assume any responsibility for anything that may happen to your car while it is parked with them (in our case for a week).
Upon our return from LAX we were told to call the number on a card the hotel staff had given us to alert the shuttle that we needed to be picked up. We arrived very tired from a long flight and called the number we were given on the card the hotel gave us only to fnd it was a non-working number. Then we called the hotel directly and the person at the desk told us to call the number we had already been trying to call. When I told this person that we had called the number and it was not working I was hung up on.
We ended up taking a taxi (with a very rude taxi driver who did NOT want to drive us such a short distance to the hotel) and paying for the taxi when one of the reasons we stayed here was the parking and shuttle service to the airport. Fortunately our car was still there and unharmed during the stay. It was a great relief to get in the car and pull away from this truly awful hotel. We both travel a great deal for business and for pleasure, and I have to say this is by far one of the very worst hotel experiences I have ever had. Look for another place to say if you are needed a hotel to park and fly to LAX. I honestly can't think of one positive thing to say about this awful hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Four Points by Sheraton Los Angeles Westside is stylishly redesigned and 100% smoke free, we're within easy reach of southern California's finest, and only three miles from LAX. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Four Points by Sheraton Los Angeles Westside reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Four Points By Sheraton Los Angeles Westside Hotel Culver City
- 4 Points By Sheraton Los Angeles Westside
- Four Points Culver City
- Sheraton Culver City
- Culver City Four Points
- Culver City Sheraton