“Almost perfect”

Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Culver City
Vancouver, BC
“Almost perfect”
Reviewed September 24, 2009

We had reservations for 1 night but my friend and I showed up a night early and hoped to stay 2 nights. They had a room for us which was excellent as we had just driven from Napa and had been in the car for HOURS. We checked in and I gave my Visa card for incidentals and to charge the room to. We had no problems until the next day.

We had returned from a long day shopping and the beach. Sandy, wet and carrying a ton of parcels. After trekking from the parking lot, through the lobby, up the elevator to the 5th floor and down the hall to our room with arm-fulls of bags, we find that our key cards do not work. We haul everything back down to the lobby, wait in line for 10 minutes to talk to the front desk lady. She tells me that the cards don’t work because I needed to come down and give my Visa card to her A SECOND TIME. Why? I don’t know, but she tries to tell me that she told me that last night when I checked in. Remember? She says….Remember? Well no, I don’t remember because it would have been just as crazy last night as it is today. Why would I need to give her the same credit card that I gave her the night before? You give them a card when you check in and then you’re done! So I gave my card again and went on with our day.

Other than that we loved the hotel. It was right across the street from the mall which isn’t finished yet but will be soon. Just down the road from restaurants and other shopping. Very close to the airport. The freeway goes right past the hotel so that’s a plus and a minus. You can hear a bit of traffic noise but you don’t really notice after awhile, and on the plus side – we could look out our window and see how good or bad the traffic was going so we knew if we needed to leave early or not.

Our room was nice and roomy; the hotel had a GREAT pool which was open until 11 so we could go for a swim when we got back to the room. Parking was relatively cheap but sometimes hard to find a spot. Free WifI in the room that olny took a few minutes to hook up and worked great. No problems. Very handy.

Overall we thought it was perfect for our needs (other than the condescending front desk girl) and we loved it. We can’t wait to go back because we thought it’s the perfect place to stay.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Korean first
San Francisco
Reviewed September 7, 2009

This hotel was better than expected. Pulling up to the hotel, it looked a little dumpy, however, once we were inside the room, we found it to be very clean and new looking. It was also nice that they had free wifi in the rooms, a large fridge (empty for you to purchase your own food and drinks), free bottled water, and a clean bathroom.

The hotel did charge $10 for in and out parking privileges, but that is quite cheap compared to other hotels nearby. I stayed at the Westin near LAX on this same trip, which had an impressive lobby, but run down looking rooms. I even had to change rooms because the first one I was assigned to smelled like mold. Parking was $18 per day. I should have stayed put at the Sheraton.

The hotel is easy to find, not that far from the Ocean, and has a shopping mall across the street.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
kkelsey
Reviewed September 5, 2009

I stayed at this hotel when I went to my friends wedding in the area. The hotel itself was nice, decent price, overall a nice stay. But I accidentally left my pillow in my room, and my camera was under it. We checked out and left, but then I realized that both of those things were missing. I called the hotel and they said that they couldnt check the lost and found until the next day, and that they would call me back. They never did. I called back, and they said that they didnt find anything. BS!
I know that I should have looked after my things and made sure I had everything, but we were in a hurry. And that doesnt mean that they (most likely the person who cleaned my room) to take them. I received that camera as a gift from my father just a few months before it was stolen. I had pictures from my friends wedding on there...She is one of my best friends, and those pictures were going to go in an album as a gift.
And I dont understand why they didnt put the pillow in the lost and found--its just a pillow...and its not like it could get confused with the other pillows in the hotel--it had a printed pillowcase!
I emailed the hotel a couple of weeks later to check again, and they just told me that nothing was found in that room. Thats it. It doesnt seem like they even tried to help me at all.
It is just very disturbing that someone working at the hotel can steal peoples belongings and get away with it so easily.

• Stayed December 2008, traveled with friends

Travelers are raving about these Culver City hotels

Henderson, NV
Reviewed September 1, 2009

For L.A.'s west side, this is a really good choice. Across from the re-developing Fox Hills mall. Short hop over to the Marina del Rey/Venice area (on the 90 freeway). Close to LAX without being in the ugly 'hotel row' on Century. Good bed - always appreciated. Nice amenities (free wi-fi, decent bar/restaurant with a happy hour and good draft beers, nicer pool area than I expected). Room is tiny, but OK for a couple of days. They have a nice "library" (reading room with comfy chairs) if you want to relax outside the room. All-in-all, hard to beat for the price in this area.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
dunedin
Reviewed July 25, 2009

A great hotel only 10mins from LAX. Across the road from Fox Hills Mall. We really enjoyed the amenities and a really nice pool. My top three tips for this hotel are #1. ask for a room that is away from the freeway as there was some road noise, #2. walk 3 minutes to DINAH's Restaurant - 50's dinner that is a local icon. Awesome food. #3. also the hotel hooked us up with Oscar who offers a professional taxi service. You pay about a third more for Oscar but it is definetely worth to enjoy his car and guidance. Trust me we had some crappy taxi rides in LA!!! Overall we look forward to staying here again!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
london
Reviewed July 25, 2009

Chose this hotel having read the previous reviews on tripadvisor- it seemed to be good value, central and decent area - all correct!
very decent clean hotel
very good location - 10 mins to Santa monica - 10 mins to Venice Beach
20 mins to Hollywood and Beverly HIlls etc
the hotel is not in culver city - but in fox hills - 5 mins from culver city
The hotel is right opposite a mall -very nice and useful
and there is the howard hughes centre round the corner - a new complex of cinema and dining - very nice.
hotel pool very nice but very cold! -quite a small area - but perfectly adequate.
rooms nice and big and clean - comfortable beds, very small bathrooms, but clean
would stay here again
internet was fine in most of the rooms, but ours was intermittent as we seemed to be the furthest from the office areas
had to pay parking of $10 per day - this seems to be in most hotels though- and we knew this before we went

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
London, UK
Reviewed July 22, 2009

Rooms very modern and clean with great furniture and amenities needed. Staff are there making our stay very memorable and cater to all I needs and help where they could. Parking is a daily charge but the hotel isn't far from all the major attractions downtown LA. We had a car so it took 20 mins to get into downtown. Near the highway to access to roads is easy. Will stay in this hotel again!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Culver City
Travelodge Culver City
#4 of 8 in Culver City
Westside
Four Points by Sheraton Los Angeles International Airport
Westside
Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - LAX Airport
Extended Stay America - Los Ange...
#215 of 351 in Los Angeles
Ramada Culver City
#7 of 8 in Culver City

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Los Angeles Westside? Share your experiences!