We had reservations for 1 night but my friend and I showed up a night early and hoped to stay 2 nights. They had a room for us which was excellent as we had just driven from Napa and had been in the car for HOURS. We checked in and I gave my Visa card for incidentals and to charge the room to. We had no problems until the next day.
We had returned from a long day shopping and the beach. Sandy, wet and carrying a ton of parcels. After trekking from the parking lot, through the lobby, up the elevator to the 5th floor and down the hall to our room with arm-fulls of bags, we find that our key cards do not work. We haul everything back down to the lobby, wait in line for 10 minutes to talk to the front desk lady. She tells me that the cards don’t work because I needed to come down and give my Visa card to her A SECOND TIME. Why? I don’t know, but she tries to tell me that she told me that last night when I checked in. Remember? She says….Remember? Well no, I don’t remember because it would have been just as crazy last night as it is today. Why would I need to give her the same credit card that I gave her the night before? You give them a card when you check in and then you’re done! So I gave my card again and went on with our day.
Other than that we loved the hotel. It was right across the street from the mall which isn’t finished yet but will be soon. Just down the road from restaurants and other shopping. Very close to the airport. The freeway goes right past the hotel so that’s a plus and a minus. You can hear a bit of traffic noise but you don’t really notice after awhile, and on the plus side – we could look out our window and see how good or bad the traffic was going so we knew if we needed to leave early or not.
Our room was nice and roomy; the hotel had a GREAT pool which was open until 11 so we could go for a swim when we got back to the room. Parking was relatively cheap but sometimes hard to find a spot. Free WifI in the room that olny took a few minutes to hook up and worked great. No problems. Very handy.
Overall we thought it was perfect for our needs (other than the condescending front desk girl) and we loved it. We can’t wait to go back because we thought it’s the perfect place to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Four Points by Sheraton Los Angeles Westside is stylishly redesigned and 100% smoke free, we're within easy reach of southern California's finest, and only three miles from LAX. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone and getaroom.com so you can book your Four Points by Sheraton Los Angeles Westside reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Four Points By Sheraton Los Angeles Westside Hotel Culver City
- 4 Points By Sheraton Los Angeles Westside
- Four Points Culver City
- Sheraton Culver City
- Culver City Four Points
- Culver City Sheraton