Four Points by Sheraton Los Angeles Westside
The Culver Hotel(Culver City)
$299
Doubletree.com
  • Pool
$148
$152
Travelodge Culver City(Culver City)(Great Value!)
$161
Orbitz.com
Mayumi(Culver City)
$199
Half Moon Motel(Culver City)(Great Value!)
$95
King's Lodge Motel(Los Angeles)
$80
$79
Agoda.com
All reviewsacross the streetwestfield mallspg pointsfox hills mallsanta monicagas stationbusiness centernice poolclose to the airportlos angelesbreakfast buffetfront desk clerkconvenient locationbar and restaurantclean hotella areamarina del rey
Reviewed July 1, 2013

It's a reasonable hotel, close to airport. But you would need a car if you plan to venture out to the main LA attractions.
Breakfast was good and the property is well maintained.
Cons: Not many restaurants within walking distances.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
FPLAW, Front Office Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Los Angeles Westside, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,
I truly appreciate you taking the time to let us know how your stay went on TripAdvisor. I am glad to hear that you have enjoyed your visit with us. Not having varieties of restaurants to choose from would be a little bit frustrating. There are plenty of restaurants within walking distance from our hotel. I am sorry that we failed to provide you with the information.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

Great hotel and staff. Having westfiekd across the road is a bonus. Staff were friendly and polite. Would definately stay there again Short drive to most attractions. Bus almost at door if needed. Great value for money.

• Stayed: June 2013
FPLAW, Front Office Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Los Angeles Westside, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for review of our hotel on TripAdvisor. We thank you for the kind words. I am glad we took good care of you and the genuine caring attitude of the our staff had shown you throughout your visit with us. All the best and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

We (Starwood Preferred Guest members here) stayed at the Four Points in Culver City for a weekend, looking for a somewhat reasonably priced place not too far from UCLA for graduation weekend. Have stayed at other Four Points in the past, but will be a long while before I take another shot at them after our stay in Culver City.

It was not any one major thing that turned us off, it was the never-ending parade of small issues, which point to systemic problems, and the staff's seeming indifference to our issues, that are to blame. Upon arrival (after check-in time), we were told that there are no rooms available with 2 queen beds. We had reserved this months ago, and were traveling with 4 adults (all standing at the front desk), so their suggestion to move to a single King room was not acceptable. After waiting a half-hour or longer, were told that a room had become available. We go to the room, and the A/C does not work, and there is a large wet spot on the floor at the base of one of the beds. Confident we would not receive another queen room, we called for facilities to come and at least fix the A/C in the very warm room, and decided to mark and avoid the wet spot on the floor. Facilities finally comes and fixes the A/C unit. Another feature of our room (room 215) is that as we were settling for bed, the bathroom light would not shut off. Stayed on all night, and half of the next day, before it mysteriously shut off, and then worked normally. Bathroom, along with being tiny, was not the cleanest, either. I recommend bringing Clorox wipes if you decide to avoid my general recommendation to not stay here.

To exit the parking lot, there is a bar/gate blocking the exit, and you need a special parking ticket/receipt to raise up the gate. Well, it did not work. We went back to inform the front desk, and they said we were using the wrong ticket, we were inserting it wrong, etc. Baloney. Every single time we got to the gate, it did not work, and had to resort to hitting some special button and tell them what was going on, and kept getting told we were wrong. It was hugely inconvenient, and a slap in the face to go with it.

At checkout, my wife mentioned all the issues we had, and they did not acknowledge anything, attempt to adjust the bill for the inconveniences, etc. other that to once again say we were doing the parking gate wrong. I should have given him the ticket and asked him how it was done, to see it fail for them also. But beyond that, you just do not treat any customer, much less SPG members, with an attitude like that.

There are too many competitive options in this lodging space to warrant giving Four Points any consideration for future travel needs.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Wade_Scheckla
FPLAW, Front Office Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Los Angeles Westside, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,
I truly appreciate you taking the time to let us know how your stay went with us. I am very disappointed to hear that things did not go well with your recent visit with us. We have expectations when we check into a hotel that everything seems to be working fine like the A/C and the room being clean. I can imagine how it must have been frustrating for you. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience these may have caused you and how the staff handled the entire situation. We are in the customer service and our main goal is to ensure that you have a pleasant visit. These issues have been addressed to the appropriate departments to ensure that we fix the problems accordingly. We will also make sure that our staff pays more attention to the issues at hand and find solutions. Again, please accept out sincerest apologies. I understand that this stay really made you think twice about staying at another Four Points but I do hope that you will give us another opportunity to redeem ourselves in the future. Thank you for your comments and feedback.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

My wife picked this one and believe me I will be picking the next. I have traveled all over the world.

Good:
Free Coffee, but then again, everyone does that these days.
Good location.
My Brother in-law got them to wave the $13-15/day cost to park the car there.
The staff were friendly and professional...it was not their fault.
Gym was good for my wife.

Bad:
The gate to leave never worked the whole time we were there. We wasted more time with this than you can imagine. I can see once. But get it fixed immediately...where is the professionalism of an international hotel chain that is supposed to have a good reputation. Inexcusable. Someone should have been reprimanded.
The hotel is dated, the rooms are old. It's really run down.
For almost $200/night (including taxes) you should be able to find something better.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank MickeyMouse55
FPLAW, Front Office Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Los Angeles Westside, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your review of our hotel on TripAdvisor. Your comments and feedback are truly appreciated. Our goal to is ensure that you have a pleasant visit with us, and I am disappointed to hear that we did not meet your expectations particularly trouble with our parking gate and the condition of our hotel. We are currently working on making this process easier for our guests. We have recently done soft good renovations of our hotel and are still currently working on preventive maintenance on our rooms. I am very sorry that this visit has been a disappointing one for you. Customer service is our utmost priority at this hotel and again, my sincerest apologies for not meeting your needs. We appreciate you taking the time out to inform us of your concerns.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

We stayed here one night for our stop over to NYC. This was an excellent choice as it is close to LAX (about a 10 to 15 min drive) and is right next door to Westfield Culver City. So as my wife shopped, my daughter and I taxied to Santa Monica Pier! The room was spacious and tidy, as was the bathroom, which while was a little dated was still perfectly fine. The staff were helpful and organised early transportation for our morning flight the next day. I'd take a taxi instead of a shuttle there as its so close, the waiting for the shuttle to loop LAX and drop off other passengers is not worth the money you save!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
FPLAW, Front Office Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Los Angeles Westside, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your review of our hotel on TripAdvisor. Our goal is to ensure that you have an enjoyable stay with us. We are thrilled to hear that we have met your expectations specifically our location and friendly and helpful staff. It is always a pleasure when we can provide our guests with a positive experience and we look forward to welcoming you back whenever you are in the area.