“Love the beer, food & atmosphere!”
Review of Waterloo and City - CLOSED

Waterloo and City
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Winnetka, CA
“Love the beer, food & atmosphere!”
Reviewed August 26, 2012 via mobile

Went to Waterloo & City for happy hour in the middle of the week, and this joint was jumping! The bar menu was fantastic - we ordered about 8 different items over the course of the visit, and loved everything!! Great service and atmosphere, fun staff, and loved the selection of ales!

“Scrumptious, what an place! Delicious food, excellent service. Can't say enough!”
Reviewed August 16, 2012

Two friends and I had been looking forward to this meal all week, we had heard great reports of the food. It did not disappoint, not one bit. From the attentive service, excellent cocktails and yes, the wonderful food. All fresh and all cooked beautifully. We will be back, there are many other delightful items to try.

Los Angeles, California
“A jewel in Culver City”
Reviewed August 9, 2012

I was surprised by the quality of the food of this British restaurant. A group of us went there for dinner. We ordered Smoked Tongue & Carrot Terrine, Quelle farci, and grilled peach with prosciutto. The quelle farci was amazing. The bird meat was soft, the pork farci was also very soft and tasty. My main course was Nova Scotia Halibut with Claim. The sauce was creamy with some mashed potato. The proportion was right so it was neither too thick (potato) nor too liquid (cream). The Halibut was tender and tasty. The clams were cooked just right and have the natural taste, not overwhelmed by the sauce.

The dessert was a divine dessert: Sticky Toffee Pudding, Salted Caramel, Vanilla Ice Cream. The salted caramel was the key contributor to this delicious dessert. The slight saltiness made caramel not too heavy. The pudding wrapped with the caramel and ice cream made me want to have more of it.

Definitively I will return to this restaurant in the future.

• Visited August 2012
Sunset Beach, Hawaii
“Sometimes the Cooking Channel goofs!”
Reviewed July 28, 2012

We were just really disappointed with pretty much everything except the sticky toffee pudding at this restaurant. I was so excited about going here after seeing it on the Cooking channel, and I talked my husband and parents in to going. Well, everything from the service, to the salad, to the entrees was just not very good. The Halibut was grainy and dry, the Wellington, which is one of their signatures, was really dried out , and it just wasn't special. The bar scene seemed to really be happening, and maybe I just expected too much.

• Visited July 2012
Los Angeles, California
“A restaurant worth going to!”
Reviewed July 23, 2012

I went here with a friend. We shared five small plates, all of them very good. Service was excellent. I will definitely be going back again.

• Visited July 2012