“Good, active dive shop” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Eco Dive Center

Eco Dive Center
More attraction details
Owner description: Our Scuba school in West Los Angeles offers all levels of diver education courses from beginner to instructor development.We offer weekly scuba diving charters at various spots around Southern California including the Channel Islands. Our dive club has monthly speakers from around the scuba industry.
La Canada, CA
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Good, active dive shop”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2011

They run a lot of students through this place. I was amazed at the amount of instructors and classes going at the same time. That's not a bad thing. If they weren't good they wouldn't be this busy. What I didn't like was my son had three different instructors. I would have liked some continuity for him rather than him adapt to three different teaching styles.
Anyway, I've bought gear there before, dealt with the owners before, and even though its nowhere near my home, in fact I live a mile from a Sport Chalet (The Evil Empire) but can't stand them, I keep going back because I get a good vibe from the place. They have a dive club and have organized dives all the time.
I will continue to use Eco Dive Center and recommend them.

Visited September 2011

Marina del Rey, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Nice dive shop. Great energy here”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2011

it's rare to walk in a dive shop and come out feeling re-energized to dive again. Went in and walked out with a scuba refresher book and guided dive scheduled for March to dive with sealions? Good staff, tons of product and lots of trips. I'm excited. Thanks Eco Dive!

2 Thank Explor2001
Los Angeles, CA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“BEST DIVE SHOP IN LA - HANDS DOWN!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2011

I started diving with Ron and Beth (owners of Eco) seven years ago, when they were at another scuba shop, and when they started Eco Dive Center, I happily left that shop and switched over to Eco, as they were the reason I was continuing to dive in the first place. Ron and Beth have nurtured the most fun, educational and constantly evolving group of instructors, scuba divers and fans I have had the pleasure of meeting. I have thoroughly enjoyed every local and tropical boat trip and dive they have organized and through them have met some of the best people I have ever known. This is not just a business, it's a family. The dive club meetings on Tuesday nights are a blast and have really cool and interesting speakers, not to mention they raffle of amazing gifts like dive computers and boat trips too! Through one of their dive club meetings, I was introduced to a fantastic volunteer diving program at the California Science Center that has been one of the greatest experiences of my life. I have bought all my gear at Eco, and with the exception of one defective computer (which I bought used, but which was immediately replaced with a new one for free), I have never had any issues with gear I have rented or purchased. Eco Dive Center also strives to promote their message of preserving the oceans, which I think is truly admirable.

El Segundo, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The Best Dive Shop in Southern California!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2011

My husband and I decided to get our open water certification for our honeymoon to Bora Bora in the summer of 2009. I called a few local dive shops and Eco's friendly and knowledgeable staff, competitive prices and class schedule flexibility made our decision easy. We are so happy with this decision! Since our open water certification in 2009, we have slowly purchased all of our dive gear through Eco (wet suits, dry suits, BC's, Regs, Dive Computers, bags, etc). If you are considering buying any dive equipment, CALL ECO...their prices can't be beat! We have also continued our education all through Eco. My husband has completed Rescue and is currently in the dive master class. We love that Eco puts safety as a top priority, but also knows how to have fun. The staff at eco is truly a great group of people. We have so much fun on the Eco chartered dive trips -- from Catalina to wreck weekends in San Diego to Santa Barbara, it's always a blast. We also hope to join them on one of their tropical trips someday! Eco also has a great dive club which meets monthly featuring speakers relating to the diving. It is always a great time. We couldn't be happier with our initial decision to take our open water class through Eco. It has been so rewarding and has brought us to an amazing dive community of new friends and great experiences above and below the water!

1 Thank lindsay426
North Hills, CA
“A Great shop”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2011

The shop is large but still has a really nice mom-n-pop feel. The staff are friendly and take the time to talk to you about your needs and wants. The dive instructors on top notch and are always helpful and do everything to make sure your dive experience is enjoyable and safe.

Visited January 2011