“Expensive, enjoyable”

Akasha Restaurant & Bakery
Reserve with OpenTable
Akasha Restaurant & Bakery is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 321 Restaurants in Culver City
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Watseka
Transit: Close to several bus lines on Culver Blvd.
Reviewed January 24, 2013

It was packed on a Friday night. The hostess was surprised, saying it's not usually this busy. My date made a reservation, and our table was waiting. Lucky us.

The low hanging modern lights caught my attention, the dining space was open, and I liked that the bar was in the back.

My date and I started with the beet salad. It was a little over-dressed, but tasty nonetheless.

I had the Star Anise Braised Short Rib and he had the Australian Sea Bass. I liked the Short Rib, but that one bite of the Sea Bass was much more memorable: crispy, yet tender and flaky.

For dessert we shared the Bourbon Ice Cream Sundae and although it was a bit on the small side, the flourless chocolate cake made this gluten free girl quite happy.

I ordered the Whiskey Summer with Jameson and was pleased with the combination of citrus flavors and the nice, strong pour.

A little too pricey, but overall, quite enjoyable.

And, we saw Janet Jackson. Hello, LA.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Six of us had dinner at Akasha's and were thoroughly disappointed. It was embarrassing for my husband and I, because we had suggested this restaurant. The decor is nice, but the noise level is very loud, making it extremely difficult to converse. Not one of us had a decent meal, let alone anything that would want us to ever come back. Every dish was bland and the staff acted like we were in Beverly Hills rather than Culver City.

1  Thank greeneyes7449
Reviewed December 24, 2012

Great food, somewhat unique, service excellent as was the meal. My only problem is that it is too popular, since I like quieter places, however, will return.

Reviewed December 19, 2012

Returned to this restaurant two weeks ago for lunch and was surprised by the new menu. We were a group and ordered a bunch of small dishes to share between us. Macaroni and cheese, fig and prosciutto flatbread pizza, fries, sweet potato fries, etc, were all good.

I had dinner there too sometime ago. I had scallops which were delicious, although pricy. It was worth it.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

The food is very fresh and healthy. You can eat here if you are a vegan, vegetarian. They have chicken or fish for people who eat anything. The flavors are wonderful. They serve nice size portions.