“Little Piece of Paradise”
Review of Camp Layman

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cromberg
Camp Layman
Reviewed June 11, 2014

It's been a since I last reviewed Camp Layman. My family has been back to CL at least 5 or 6 times. It has become my retreat of choice for peace and beauty. I can kick around and relax, hike, swim, play with my dogs, BBQ, meet new people or sit inside one of the many cabins we've rented and read a book while it's snowing outside (yes, snowing, they've made it year-round destination with firewood included).

Although I was not previously associated with the camp or the owners, Shelley, Dan, Pat and Eric have definitely become family. They take care of our every need, helped me find my lost dog, helped me take by dog to the vet (yeah, same dog....lab), celebrated birthdays and gone tubing with us and still make time for all the other 'campers'.

The cabin renovations have been amazing and have lost none of the rustic ambiance but adding just the right amount of convenience. How they manage it all and maintain this little piece of paradise is beyond me.

Go and find out for yourself. Find the 2 big boulders in the river, grab a beer and sit a spell contemplating how good life is.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank joanrl

Reviewed June 3, 2014

I have stayed here quite a few times. It is fantastic atmosphere with fantastic hosts. We come back every year. We have gotten our extended family and friends to stay here and they have nothing but excellent things to say.
I love that all you have to bring is food and clothes.
You will love it too.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank PriscaMR
Reviewed October 25, 2011

Camp Layman was awesome! Dan and Shelly were very nice and helpful. The setting was beautiful, the cabin was nicer then expected. The cabin was rustic, but clean and neat. Pleanty to do near by. We will return.

Room Tip: We stayed in Oak Leaf on the edge of the camp
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank TwoGuysInTahoe
Reviewed September 24, 2011

Absolutely LOVE Camp Layman. Dan and Shelley are wonderful. Had a great weekend with family relaxing on the water. Plenty to do - volleyball, pingbong, swimming, horse shoes and more for an awesome price. What a gem!

Room Tip: Favorite cabin: Cub
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Cindel P
Reviewed September 13, 2011

We just returned from a weekend wedding reception celebration at Camp Layman. We had a great time. There was plenty for everyone to do. Floating the river, volleyball, tetherball, a playground, and more. The campfire at night was a hit. When I asked my grandsons (8 and 6) what their favorite part of the weekend was-- they both responded "Everything!". Our extended family is already hoping to return next year.

The owners, Dan and Shelly, were wonderful hosts.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 14, 2011

Eric, Pat, Dan and Shelly have done so much to Layman's! It's great!

We stayed the Memorial weekend and the weather was pretty bad, but what a place to snuggle in and relax. We had a great time and a wonderful stay in the Pine (oh, so cozy) and were treated like family.

Can't wait for our next trip this summer and we're planning to have Christmas with them in the snow!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 11, 2011

We stayed here for the first time with our 3-year-old, and we loved the scenery, our cabin (Cedar) and the great hospitality of the owners, Dan and Shelley, who are doing all kinds of work on the camp. I highly recommend it for anyone.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family

Been to Camp Layman? Share your experiences!