“would go back again tomorrow”

North Star Enduro Touring
Ranked #2 of 4 Tours in Kavala Region
More attraction details
Owner description: North Star is an Enduro Touring company, offering a complete package of motorcycle rental, insurance, accommodation, gas, gear and anything else a rider might need. We do it because we love Enduro Riding. Due to our city's priviledged location (in less than an hour we can reach the most beautiful natural trails) we guarantee a memorable riding experience.Old trails, traditional stone bri
Reviewed December 3, 2014

not much to say but..... great guys, great bikes, great nature and as someone else described it is like riding out with your best mates

1  Thank Alexander L
"hotel"
"skills"
"mountains"

Reviewed December 3, 2014

Had a great time on the bikes, and the camaraderie was great. The bikes were great to handle... just had a great time all-round!

1  Thank Jake654
Reviewed December 3, 2014

3 days of Enduro riding in Kavala was absolutely excellent. Thanasis and his team are great, speak excellent English and really went out of their way to make our trip really memorable!

The hotel was pretty decent with a good and huge breakfast.

The dinners were superb! I live in Athens and can tell you that the food in Kavala is much better than the south of Greece. Thanasi joined us every night and took us to some great restaurants, no cheap touristy traps, but delicious home cooked local Greek food.

The riding! So i have ridden motorbikes for years, mostly on road but also a little offroad, and have done a couple of trips to Morocco and Mongolia before. So when i started to plan my third trip, and a little voice from behind me (girlfriend) said "can i come along" i thought...hmmm

But as soon as i contacted Thanasis to ask about the possibility of beginners lessons, and it was possible...my fear of mixing enduro with girlfriend disappeared! Thanasis was an excellent teacher and within 6 hours, she was riding in the mountains off-road above Kavala at 50-60km/hr and having an amazing time! This in turn allowed me to have an excellent time in the steeper hills around Kavala.

So what about the enduro! The Beta bikes are really good. i am used to riding at KTM 450 which i think is a bit too powerful for me, so the Beta 350 was great. The trails around Kavala are just amazing, i was there at the beginning of November so all the trees were changing colour, the air was fresh, it had rained so the mud was soft...just amazing conditions for me as a intermediate rider! But they also gave me some hints and tips, so by the end of the 3 days i was way better than at the start!

I will absolutely definitely be back next year and would have no hesitation in promoting North Star to anyone who wants to go, from total beginner to expert! You get to ride with Andreas as your guide, he has won Romaniacs so i doubt there are many people who will be bored with the trails he can find...his brain is one giant GPS system of the hundreds of mountains around Kavala!!

I will be back next year!

4  Thank paul g
Reviewed September 2, 2014

I had two great days riding enduro with North Star.
The bikes and the routes were great and tailored to my skills and preferences.
Thanasis and his colleague were extremely friendly and helpful.
Greek food and drinks are superb.
Laszlo