“It was only two nights but it felt like forever.”

The North Shore Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Crestline
shernman oaks
“It was only two nights but it felt like forever.”
Reviewed September 12, 2010

My 17 year old daughter and I needed a getaway from the 100 degree temperature in LA and the routine. We loved the Inn as soon as we saw it and our room was so clean, neat and perfect we looked at each other and smiled with relief. This is exactly what we were looking for. The owners are beyond accommodating, warm, helpful and attentive.
The minute we saw the lake from our balcony we ran over to spend the day. We came back once to the room and it was already freshly made with clean towels which we needed. I loved the peace and quiet and my daughter loved the internet access. I recommended it to everyone who would listen and we will return.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed September 10, 2010

My ONLY issue with this place was the size of the room. BUT! We did stay in the cheapest room available, so I am pretty sure the other rooms are a little bigger. It was clean, right across the street from the lake, and was not too expensive.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed August 31, 2010

I wanted to stay at a hotel in Crestline to get away from the hustle and bustle of Las Vegas, and I was not disappointed at the North Shore Inn. I brought my 2 sons, 11 and 13, to do some fishing at Lake Gregory, and to my surprise, I found this quaint hotel that reminded me of a bed and breakfast. Nancy and Terry who run the place were the best hosts, and they keep the place so neat and clean. The rooms are tastefully decorated, and they have personal touches everywhere! But the best part was the price. It was very reasonable, and I felt we got an excellent value considering it was the only hotel that was directly across the street from Lake Gregory. A ran around the lake early in the mornings - around 2.5 miles, and the scenery was just beautiful. There was even a skatepark for the kids and a market across the street. There was an old fashioned bowling alley down the street, and the Mexican restaurant next door had delicious food with generous portions. We also rented an electric boat for the day,and the kids had a blast.. I had the conveniences of home - free wireless internet and cable TV. These were things i was not expecting for the price. I would just like to thank Nancy and Terry for and unbelievably relaxing and wonderful time at Lake Gregory. We will definitely be back again to stay at the North Shore!

Austin, Texas
Reviewed August 24, 2010

Nancy's hospitality was terrific! She shared information on local shops, where to eat and was available for any questions or needs. Nancy made the trip very personable and relaxing!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
Torrance, CA
Reviewed August 12, 2010

My spouse and I just returned from a two night stay at The North Shore Inn and are already wanting to go back! The rooms are clean and cozy, and we had a very nice anniversary cuddled up next to a romantic fire. Nancy was even thoughtful enough to notice and gave us a little gift :) The location of the hotel is convenient as it is right across from the lake and is next to a restaurant and supermarket. We had all the comforts of home but felt a million miles away from the stress of the city. Can't wait for next time!! Thanks for everything Nancy & Terry (and Daisy)!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
San Dimas, California
Reviewed August 3, 2010

My wife, 3 year old granddaughter and I spent the last 3 days at (2 nights) at Lake Gregory.
The lake was very nice, the food (Mexican restaurant next door) was good and our hotel was wonderful. The North Shore Inn is directly across the street from the lake. The view of the lake from our room (#7) was very pretty. We overlooked the lake with a gorgeous view of the mountainside. We spent our evenings and mornings on the balcony enjoying these views. Parking was convenient (next to our front door). The beds were comfortable and overall the rooms were very lovely.
What makes this hotel unique (besides the location and views), was the warm family atmosphere. Nancy and staff work very hard to make this hotel experience a very positive one for all guests. However, kindness and friendliness make this place even more enjoyable. It only cost me one ice cream sandwich to get this wonderful treatment (inside story).
Nancy, Terry and Staff thank you so much for making this a very memorable trip for all of our family.

Ridgecrest, California
Reviewed July 26, 2010

Upon arrival, Nancy provided us a run down of the town, a map to find our way to a relatives home, and a nice surprise in the room because it was our anniversary. The room was clean and comfortable and had a 40" flat screen tv. Wish we could have stayed longer to enjoy the room and balcony more. We look forward to our next stay.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Crestline
Saddleback Inn
Pine Knot Guest Ranch
Pine Knot Guest Ranch
#1 of 7 in Big Bear Lake
Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa, Autograph Collection

Been to The North Shore Inn? Share your experiences!