“The perfect stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

The North Shore Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Crestline
“The perfect stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2012

I recommend North Shore Inn to anyone who appreciates nature and comfort at it's best! My wife and my 2 year old son enjoyed lake Gregory which was walking distance from our hotel. Our room was neat, clean and always stocked with good coffee and tea. Nancy was extremely helpful in familiarizing me to the area. During my stay I swam, rock climbed, zip lined, paddle boated, walked trails, shopped, relaxed and ate like a king at friendly diners. Couldn't ask for more!

2 Thank Rysny

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012

Nancy & Terry where great hosts. Told my wife and I what we can do on our first visit to Crestline. North Shore Inn is in a great location across from the lake. We had a real good time exploring the small town. We will visit again with the kids.

2 Thank cabral21
Los Angeles, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2012

My girlfriend and I needed a little time together, and we wanted to get out of LA for a few days for cheap. We literally just went on google maps and started looking for random places and we found Lake Gregory. We decided to visit there and started looking for a place to stay. All the reviews for North Shore Inn were great, It is just steps from the lake, and the rooms are very affordable. When we first arrived, Nancy greeted us at the front desk with a smile, and was charming and helpful from the get go. Obviously we were there for a romantic getaway, so Nancy upgraded us from our queen bed room next to a room with 4 kids to a King bed room with a fireplace and a lake view FREE OF CHARGE. The bed was, and I'm not exaggerating, the most comfortable bed I've ever been in. Nancy made sure we were accommodated at every turn. Also, there is a dog that lives at the Inn who is ADORABLE. Just adds to the charm of the whole place. Will ABSOLUTELY be going back to the North Shore Inn. THANKS NANCY!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Jordan B
Los Alamitos
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2012

What a wonderful experience. My first fishing trip to Lake Gregory was over 40 years ago. This was my first chance to share with my young son, the magic of the area. Evidently my wife made note of this during the reservation process. When we arrived, the desk staffer engaged my son with some fishing tips, presented him with a new tacklebox for his future trips, and provided me with a gift certificate for dinner that nite at Toni's. You cant get this level of attention at a 5 star resort! He is working me to come back up for the trout derby next month. Thank you guys for extending this gem of a trip to my many memories, and starting off with a bang Justin's own.. Best, Nick

2 Thank TisNickHB
Long Beach, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2012

The North Shore Inn is a great place! My husband visit Crestline every summer and always stay here. The rooms are clean, comfortable and the balcony overlooks Lake Gregory. The innkeepers are very friendly and helpful. They are great with restaurant recs and know all the activities happening around the lake. We are looking forward to another nice experience at the North Shore Inn.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Westlake Village, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2012

My wife and I needed to get away and somehow I found the tiny California mountain community of Crestline. Then I went on TripAdvisor and saw some nice reviews and went for it.
We felt very welcomed but somehow Expedia messed up our reservations and nothing had come through. Nancy, the Owner was there to get it all pleasantly sorted out and even booked us down the road in another nice little hotel for the next night as her's was booked. For the first night we got room number 9 that was very clean and charming. It had a balcony that overlooked the main intersection of the tiny town.
Crestline is like going to California in 1955. Slow, mellow and pleasant vibe. Nancy booked us on the zipline course which was fun and she told us about a short hike to heart rock, which was fun as well.
Everyone loves Daisy their big sweet dog who made us feel like family.
So in conclusion if you want to get away from city life for a couple of days and just troll around a little quite mountain community, you could go wrong to Stay at the North Shore Inn as a home base.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank RichardU940
Doncaster
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2012

I am really glad I stumbled on this place whilst looking for somewhere to stay on our honeymoon. Rooms are clean,comfortable, and have everything you will need. It is in an excellent location next to the lake.
The owners are really friendly and very welcoming and can advise on things to do and places to eat . The Stockade has awesome food !
Sadly we only spent 1 night and I wish it could have been longer.
Thanks Again from Rob n Louise on honeymoon from Doncaster England.

1 Thank Readie333
Also consider these accommodations in or near Crestline
Saddleback Inn
BEST WESTERN Big Bear Chateau
BEST WESTERN Big Bear Chateau
#1 of 19 in Big Bear Region
Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa, Autograph Collection

Been to The North Shore Inn? Share your experiences!