“Comfy, Cozy, Cute!”

Ranked #1 of 1 Crestline B&B and Inns
Riverside, CA
“Comfy, Cozy, Cute!”
Reviewed November 18, 2013

When we go to "the mountains," we normally go to Lake Arrowhead. We attended a wedding in Crestline, and decided to stay the night. After researching lodging options on TripAdvisor, we decided to try Sleepy Hollow. My expectations were somewhat low, but this place is a gem! We had Room #3, and found it to be very pleasant. The staff is great, too. We are actually thinking about coming back again, just to relax and enjoy the setting. My only advice is to bring your own bar soap or shower gel. The mini soap bars provided leave a lot to be desired.

Room Tip: Room 3 was great. Room 1 is right next to the busy street, and looks like it might be noisy for lig...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Yucaipa, CA
Reviewed November 16, 2013

I decided to take a spontaneous trip up to my old home town of Crestline. I had always wanted to stay here and I am so very glad I did. The front desk lady was super helpful and friendly. I absolutely loved my room - #3. It was so cozy, big and wonderful. Thank you Sleep Hollow!

Room Tip: #3 was perfect for me.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Kula, Maui
Reviewed November 6, 2013

This was my first trip to Arrowhead/Big Bear, and I was expecting the glamour of the 30’s and 40’s. I think the condensed area most reminded me of both the positive and negative aspects of a West Virginia coal mining town turned tourist destination. The residents are real people and the infrastructure is not Palm Springs.

While cramped in public areas, the cabin we occupied at Sleepy Hollow, overlooking what would be a running stream in normal weather was quite spacious and well outfitted. Out the back lanai there was a more varied assortment of birds than I had expected.

For those looking for more urban comforts, continue to the Lodge at Big Bear, though it had been renovated, and is not what it was in the movies.

If you are looking for a family outing reminiscent of the 50’s, one could not do better than Sleepy Hollow.

Room Tip: Cozy Corner Cabin is the most private.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed November 5, 2013

Our regular mountain escape is Crestline, CA...close to Blue Jay and Lake Arrowhead. The Sleepy Hollow cabins and hotel rooms are the place to stay. Nice cozy individual cabins and nice well kept hotel rooms with oh so comfortable beds and with fireplaces...a warm and cozy plus. Pool and Jacuzzi on site among beautiful trees. The staff is wonderful from the housekeeping to the front desk. They even have a movie loaning library for a cozy evening in. I love that they have a big recycling center....great to support the environment. Walk from Sleepy Hollow to local food and shopping and to Lake Gregory. A great get-away. Highly recommended!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Alta Loma, California
Reviewed October 29, 2013

From our first contact via the telephone which set the tone for our most enjoyable stay, through dropping off the keys at the front desk, we were made to feel comfortable and appreciated as guests. The pre-visit follow up calls made us feel wanted, and thinking that our weekend was important to Trina and staff.
I was greeted at the front desk by the most thorough and informative check-in's one could wish for and Samantha Head of Housekeeping happened to catch me outside our cabin with our Boston Terrier Lola-Bree asking if we needed anything now since we requested privacy for our morning. (That's right, with prior arraingments you can enjoy your stay with your K9 family member.)
And finally during check-out, our chat with the owner Trina was a very nice way to finish up our weekend stay at 'Sleepy Hollow Cabins and Hotel.
Our Thanks to everyone and we hope to see you again real soon !!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dana Point, California, United States
Reviewed October 28, 2013

I stayed here for three nights, and couldn't have picked a better place. Just a two minute walk from the lake and grocery store, so the location is great. The cabin was immaculate and every one was very friendly. I slept very well, the cabin was very quiet, and the bed was one of the most comfortable I've ever slept in away from home. Kudos to the owner!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bryan M
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed October 27, 2013

My stay at Sleep Hollow Cabins and Hotel, Crestline, CA (located in the San Bernardino Mountain region) was very comfortable. The pictures on line are true to form. The room (one king) had a leather sofa, a wood coffee table that was more akin to nature's art, a mini fridge and microwave, nice flat screen TV and an excellent desk / work station with plenty of outlets for my laptop, cell phone, ear piece, palm pilot (yes I still use that for recording / writing), and my FitBit. The room was clean. Check in was easy and the pre-ordered gel can for the in-room fire place were right there when I arrived. The facility provided a very useful and easy to read color-coded map of the town and main street shopping. The hotel is right on the main thoroughfare, so be prepared to hear some traffic noise. However, I'm a light sleeper and once the lights went out, I didn't hear a thing :) Definitely a place I'd return to.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Crestline
The North Shore Inn
Big Bear Frontier
#2 of 7 in Big Bear Lake
Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa, Autograph Collection
Crest Lodge Historic Mountain Inn

Been to Sleepy Hollow Cabins and Hotel? Share your experiences!