“This place is wonderful!!”

Sleepy Hollow Cabins and Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Crestline B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 28, 2013

I stayed here for three nights, and couldn't have picked a better place. Just a two minute walk from the lake and grocery store, so the location is great. The cabin was immaculate and every one was very friendly. I slept very well, the cabin was very quiet, and the bed was one of the most comfortable I've ever slept in away from home. Kudos to the owner!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bryan M

Reviewed October 27, 2013

My stay at Sleep Hollow Cabins and Hotel, Crestline, CA (located in the San Bernardino Mountain region) was very comfortable. The pictures on line are true to form. The room (one king) had a leather sofa, a wood coffee table that was more akin to nature's art, a mini fridge and microwave, nice flat screen TV and an excellent desk / work station with plenty of outlets for my laptop, cell phone, ear piece, palm pilot (yes I still use that for recording / writing), and my FitBit. The room was clean. Check in was easy and the pre-ordered gel can for the in-room fire place were right there when I arrived. The facility provided a very useful and easy to read color-coded map of the town and main street shopping. The hotel is right on the main thoroughfare, so be prepared to hear some traffic noise. However, I'm a light sleeper and once the lights went out, I didn't hear a thing :) Definitely a place I'd return to.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Sleepy Hollow Cabins and Hotel is a great place to stay. We had a wonderful time. The rooms were clean and newly remodeled. The staff is friendly and helpful. Trina will share her knowledge of the area and give you great ideas. From sitting by one of three beautiful lakes and just getting some sun, to paddle boating, jet skiing, horseback riding or just taking a scenic hike. We stayed in a cabin it had plenty of room, a very comfortable bed, and it was quiet. We started each day with a walk around Lake Gregory where you can get some exercise on the walking trail. Overall our stay was top notch and I would highly recommend this place.

Room Tip: Looking for something quiet choose a cabin.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 19, 2013

clean, fully equipped, perfect get-a-way for 2. Beautiful deck with views of tall trees, a small stream, birds, wildlife... and quiet! Can't wait for next time! Easy walk to stores, post office, restaurants. Close to Lake Gregory. So well furnished we did not have to bring anything except ourselves!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Older cabin but it was clean and had a fully enclosed yard for our dog. Kitchen is a nice amenity. Only complaint was that light and fan were on timer (makes sense for energy savings) but fan shut off every few hours during the night and that made for tough sleeping on the warm nights we happened to be here.

Well located downtown. Close to amenities. Have stayed here before and will stay again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank FamilyOuting266
Reviewed August 20, 2013

The Sleepy Hollow cabins are a cluster of cabins built from the 1940's to the 1970's located a block from Lake Gregory recreational park. They sit atop a parking lot which allows you to conveniently pull up and unload right in front of your cabin. Equipped with all the necessities you would need to cook, a very comfortable bed and a pool + hot tub too! They are dark the flooring could really use more updating but for the price...they are awesome. The owner is remodeling each one little by little with taste and care.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank seehoustonlosAngeles
Reviewed August 19, 2013

The staff is incredibly friendly and the 2 rooms and 2 cabins that our party of 9 stayed in were nice and clean, the beds are soft but comfortable. There was a place the staff offered to let us lock up a paddleboard which was very convenient. Having BBQ's and picnic areas was a nice touch and allowed us to have a family style dinner instead of going out for a meal, though there were several nice eateries within walking distance that we availed ourselves of the first night of our stay . We had everything we needed for food prep in the cabins. We had a long truck with kayaks sticking out the back, with a little maneuvering there was enough room to park it, and if not they are conveniently located next to a park N Ride with additional parking. We had an enjoyable stay. We do have a couple of complaints. 1) Out of the 4 cabins/rooms that our group stayed in only one refrigerator worked well enough to keep the food cold and or frozen, in one cabin the ice cream melted. 2) The central heat and air we were expecting turned out to be a centrally located heater and the air was a swamp cooler (at least for the cabin); in my cabin it was right over my bed, and it was loud enough I didn't hear my husband snoring (with him I can at least ask him to roll over and the noise stops) I ended up with both a pillow and earplugs. The second night after spending the day at the lake I was tired enough the noise didn't bother me (or maybe I got use to it). The weather was nice so we could leave the windows and doors open which made it very homey with all of us staying close and coming in and out of our cabin. As I write this, I realize how unfair it was to the hotel to just deal with the situation by putting all the food in our cabin and not telling the staff so that they could do something so others don't have the same problem, i.e. how do they fix it if they don't know it's broken.

The hotel rooms are clean and comfortable but have similar problems with the AC. The cooling was inconsistent but functional and when a complaint was raised with the staff they were quick to look in to the problem. The room was comfortable for three adults to share with a king sized bed and one double. Overall we had an enjoyable stay and the staff was fantastic.

This review was written by two guests one staying is a cabin and the other in the hotel room. Some of us would stay again and others would not. Just ask questions before you book.

Room Tip: The shampoo/conditioner they have is adequate, but if you like them separate bring your own.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Crestline
The North Shore Inn
5 mi away
Arrowhead Mountain Inn
Arrowhead Mountain Inn
#5 of 7 in Lake Arrowhead

Been to Sleepy Hollow Cabins and Hotel? Share your experiences!