“First time at Embassy Suites” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Vanllee Hotel and Suites

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Vanllee Hotel and Suites
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Covina
Newcastle, Australia
“First time at Embassy Suites”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2006

Unlike a lot of the previous reviewers I have never stayed at another Embassy Suites Hotel. I found this place to be very comfortable, have plenty of space in the suite, one of the best breakfasts of my entire trip, and a great pool and spa for the end of the day.
The only reason I didn't give an Excellent rating is that one of the front desk staff had trouble understanding and helping me. I may be an Aussie but I think any English would have thrown him! He did, however, eventually find another staff member to assist me. If in the area I would have no hesitation choosing this Hotel again.

• Liked — Big room and great breakfast
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled with family
      Location
      Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank LaVidaGlobal

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Michigan, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2006

Not a bad hotel for the price ($119). Big rooms but a little dated. Not a typical Embassy Suites as it does not have a central area, you have to drive around to your gated entrance like a motel. Good breakfast in the morning with omlets. Manager reception at night with one free cocktail/beer. Pool seemed decent, but I did not use

• Stayed June 2006, traveled on business
San Francisco
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2006

My husband and I recently went to a 5 day class at Mt. Sac, and stayed at the Embassy suites. I enjoyed this little hotel, we have stayed at many embassy suites and have not been disappointed thus far. When we checked in we were not happy with our room it was near a noisy generator on the hotel grounds, I requested a move, I am a bit of a princess and the pea personality, when it comes to noise, smells, etc. They moved us right away to another room, but it smelled like cigarettes, apparently when ES took over this hotel, this was a smoking room but the smell never really came out. I asked to be moved again. they moved us immediately to a very nice quiet room. Yes, there were a few issues at check in , but they took care of them right away, and that gives them points in my book. In fact we went out after I requested a room change and they had moved all our luggage to the new room. The hotel is not brand new, but it has a lot of charm, the grounds are beautiful, lush and unique. The lobby is spanish style tile, masonry and wood that made me feel like I had just walked into a hotel in Puerta ViIlarta. The breakfast was the best I had ever had at a breakfast included hotel. There was a chef fixing eggs, pancakes, sausage etc. In addition to the normal fare, cereals, fruits, bagels, juices, all you could want at breakfast. Breakfast is served near the pool, so you can either eat in the large dining area or near the pool. The rooms had sliding glass doors, which I loved, I am a fresh air freak. The beds were comfortable the hotel was very clean, the staff was freindly, the pool is inviting. Good work Embassy suites.

• Stayed May 2006, traveled on business
2 Thank Dlight1222
San Diego
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2005

We have stayed at this hotel many times over the past 30 years and it's just fine. I agree with those who found it not up to ES standards, but also with those who enjoyed it. I noticed this last trip that the beds are new; extremely comfortable! I believe this was built for Embassy Suites, BEFORE they got into the atrium idea. They were among the first to offer suites, and breakfast.

Once when we were staying here, many years ago, Trapper John was filming a TV episode and I sat in on it for the entire day. I'm sure they used it because the grounds and Spanish architecture are very appealing. It's just kind of 'old' now.

Stayed October 2005
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2005

Embassy Suites is an excellent value with professional service. I have a hard time understand people like the last reviewer who are probably older, have alot of free time on their hands to nit-pick, and want many things for free (since they aren't working and don't have alot of extra cash).

I suggest old people stop leaching off society with social security, grand slam breakfasts discounts at Denny's, and handicap parking spaces at the mall - they should be locked down in retirement villages on the outskirts of town where nobody can hear their cries.

Stayed June 2005
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2005

I've stayed at this hotel numerous times, mostly when I can't get into the Embassy Suites in Arcadia. Hotels are only about 15 minutes away but it's like night and day.

Be warned that this not a typical Embassy Suites. I think it was probably converted from a motel some time ago - the room entrances are outside (and thus they won't deliver your room bill under your door on the day of checkout.) Parking is distributed around the hotel with various entrances to the hotel around the perimeter controlled by your room key. Still not bad, but if you're expecting the usual high-rise with an atrium in the middle ES this is not one of those.

Hotel has a tropical theme with palm trees and such around the pool and hot tub area. Room themselves are typical Embassy Suites rooms (which is to say pretty nice.) Breakfast is also typical ES style and I do love their breakfasts. Made to order eggs, pancakes, bacon, etc all made with a smile.

I have also noticed they frequently have large groups of teenage kids staying there and of course they tend to dominate the hotel. Doesn't bother me since I don't use the pool and they never get up early enough for breakfast to bother me, but If I was there with my family it would be an nuisance.

I prefer the ES in Arcadia, more typical ES style and they have free internet access. This one charges $10 per night which I think is ridiculous for wireless access that costs so little to install.

• Stayed January 2005, traveled on business
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2004

This hotel is very cozy. Tucked off the Highway with a lot of trees. It is almost an apartment feel. Close to the Mall and the largest IKEA store I have ever seen! Fantastic room service and made to order breakfast (free) every morning. I would stay there again in a heartbeat.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Covina
Holiday Inn West Covina
Days Inn Of West Covina
#5 of 7 in West Covina
Fairfield Inn & Suites Los Angeles West Covina
Red Roof Inn San Dimas - Fairplex

Been to Vanllee Hotel and Suites? Share your experiences!