“For tent campers, assume this is a last resort!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Coulterville
Yosemite Westlake Campground and RV Park
Mount Prospect, Illinois
“For tent campers, assume this is a last resort!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here last weekend and stayed 3 nights. It's more geared for RV's with flat pull-through sites that are wide open with some tree-coverage. The green areas for potential tenting are more like public areas. Only without a playground like the supplied map says. I believe the place has been renamed to accommodate the random pieces of equipment left all around the camground with kitchy signs attached. Really, it looks more like a dumping ground. It's not just rustic, it looks abandoned (except for those RV sites). We camped next to a pit , cordoned off with yellow caution-tape, filled with granite remnants. Road access is a bit optional and you DON'T want to get there after hours. Poor lighting, unmarked areas, etc. You move away from those RV sites, you do it at your own risk. If you show up on a week day, there probably won't be anyone in the office. With limited cell-coverage there, we had to call for assistance. A woman showed up and seemed a little confused. She got us situated. But barely. To end this dismal review, I have my main, overwhelming, gripe. The bathrooms are horrific. I can handle put toilets, going without a shower, and I can handle dirt, just fine thank you. This. Place. is. Disgusting. It may not have been cleaned. Ever. The women's bathroom has one toilet, and one shower. An indoor bathmat that could have walked away on it's own, welcomed me into the shower. Tossed it. Shower curtain- blue to cover the black mold? Walls- splattered with, I just don't know. Yeah, yeah, I know. There's hard water. Rust stains are fine. A little calcium, ok. This was not caused by hard water. The place is not remotely clean. Enter my 6 yr old and it becomes almost freakish. If you have any issues with bacteria/mold/an ongoing science experiment at your expense, DON'T COME HERE. (There is an additional restrooms I found today in the office. The toilet seat was stained blue...like the toilet water. You can put 2 and 2 together how that happened. OMG.)
Sure, bring your self-contained RV. I'm sure it's great. For last-minute Yosemite who tent, use a NF or anything else but this. Wash up in a creek or like another tenter nearby, lots of wet wipes.

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank Flyingtina

Solo
Business
Tulare, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2011

We have stayed here before and have always had a great time. My wife and I had such a relaxing time. We ate the best burgers in Greeley Hill just outside of the RV park. Malcom and his wife and there staff are the best. Very accommodating and helpful with all kinds of things and places to go and do. Being a prospector and having my own claim not far away made this an ideal spot for our base camp. We look forward to staying here again and again.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Goldfinder
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2010

This was a lovely RV site, everything we had hoped. Full hook-ups, fire pits and BBQ's on each pitch. There is also a camp fire and BBQ. We sat around the camp fire and watched the stars appear in the sky.

Malcom the manager was really welcoming and very helpful. He had lots of information on things to do in the area. The pitches were very reasonably priced. We loved it so much we stayed an extra night, The local Greely Hill town has all the amenities you need, a good foodmart, laundrette and fuel station.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank itsmejayne
Also consider these accommodations in or near Coulterville
Evergreen Lodge at Yosemite
#1 of 15 in Groveland
The Red Rooster Lodge
The Red Rooster Lodge
#3 of 4 in Coulterville

Been to Yosemite Westlake Campground and RV Park? Share your experiences!