“Property run-down”

Ranked #11 of 23 Hotels in Costa Mesa
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Property run-down”
Reviewed October 1, 2013

My room was unattractive, dank and smelly (mildew odor). The bathroom tile was chipped and wallcovering peeling. An overall shabby appearance. Did not seem clean, although I didn't see any bugs. Glad I brought slippers though. Bare minimum in room amenities. Vans were in even worse condition than rooms. Restaurant was OK (open only for breakfast and dinner). Would not stay there again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Christopher R, General Manager at Ramada Costa Mesa/Newport Beach, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Good Afternoon Ms. Lynn,

I hope to find you well. I want to start off by thanking you for your recent stay with us at the Ramada Inn & Suites. We truly appreciate your business and hope that we'll be able to address any concerns you might have so as to regain your confidence and satisfaction. I also thank you for taking the time to share your personal experience with us during your recent travels.

Please know that to hear that we failed to live up to our usual standards for you leaves me disheartened, but eager to set things right. We ensure that every guest room is thoroughly inspected by our Housekeeping department for cleanliness before any keys are ever issued. Nonetheless, there is always room for human error, and to hear that you might have experienced that disappoints me. I will regroup with our entire team to ensure that our standards for cleanliness and overall guest satisfaction are made abundantly clear and we redouble our efforts to meet them always.

While it is never desirable to interrupt a guest's stay with a room change, please know that our staff will always do our best to accomodate your request for that should you find a room to not meet your expectations. Further, I would ask that any guest let our team know during their stay of any issues they encounter so that we might work to remedy them as promptly as possible.

We have a standard set of amenities that we provide in every guest room, but our staff is always happy to provide anything extra you might require, and that we have available, to accomodate your needs.

Regarding our restaurant, I do apologize if our hours of operation were at all an inconvenience. However, please note that we are fortunate enough to be surrounded by plenty of great eateries open for lunch, and our staff is always happy to share any of their recommendations.

I truly apologize that your stay was less than satisfactory, but would ask you to feel welcome to reach out to me directly via email at cramirez@ramadasuitesnewport.com so that I could offer you one more reason to stay with us and give us another shot.

I look forward to hearing back from you, thank you for your time and your feedback.

Warmest regards,
Christopher Ramirez Szabo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Cave Creek, Arizona
Reviewed September 27, 2013

We really liked our room here. It was clean, sized generously, and near the pool. Upon check-in, we discovered that they offer an amazing choice of 3 breakfasts for just $3.99 to guests. We did have two of these choices and they were quite good. The bed was comfortable. Unfortunately there were a lot of big guys staying in the room above us. They came back around 2 am stomping noisily and yelling. It was very disturbing to our sleep. This was the only problem though. Very nice soap, shampoo, and conditioner here.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Bay Shores Peninsula Hotel
#1 of 17 in Newport Beach
Best Western Plus Newport Beach Inn
Ayres Hotel & Suites in Costa Mesa - Newport Beach

Been to Ramada Costa Mesa/Newport Beach? Share your experiences!