“Amazing fun nice people great convoy with psychic on site. Bar tender sexy!!!”

Ramada Costa Mesa/Newport Beach
Ranked #9 of 23 Hotels in Costa Mesa
Reviewed June 29, 2011

Bar tender hot!! Great food great service. French fries the best I ever had. The best cherry bombs ever!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2011
Write a ReviewReviews (1,107)

Reviewed June 28, 2011

I stayed at this hotel for 3 weeks. I was so very impressed by the staff here. The rooms were very clean. The housekeeping staff was very busy and worked very long hours. The results were a well run hotel. There was NOT a night I was there that the parking lot wasn't full, yet they bent over backward to accomodate me. The desk clerk explained to me that they had given me a room on the 3rd floor. At first, I was aghast, but he explained it would be much quieter. It surely was. In 3 wks... in spite of the hotel being at capacity, I never heard anything. The 3rd floor was NOT a problem, due to two elevators, even though it did encourage me to get a bit of exercise.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 28, 2011

The front desk people were wonderful, polite, kind, just all around nice. The room, however, was another story. It smelled, the carpet was sticky, the mattresses were cheap - like sleeping on a box spring. We got there around 11:30 pm and it was too late to find another place, so we had to stay one night. The walls were very thin and we heard the people nextt door through the walls. The next morning, I thought, well, I'll at least take a shower and get some of my money's worth. When I grabbed a towel, it was sticky. I put it down, and my fingers were sticky. I was like, let's go! Oh, and the pool was blue but the jacuzzi was green. We went down to the Best Western Express (San Clemente), which is where I'm writing this now, and it's like staying at the Ritz! Beds nice and clean, room quiet, roomy, clean carpet, nice bathroom, and wonderful towels!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Puh2e
RamadaCostaMesaMgr, General Manager at Ramada Costa Mesa/Newport Beach, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. I want to sincerely apologize for the concerns you raised. I take the clenliness of our property very seriously and it is upsetting to hear that we did not meet your expectation during this stay.

I do know that our front desk would have been glad to assist you during your stay with resolving any of the issues you mentioned. Of course, this does not excuse the circumstances.

If your travels ever bring you back to the area, please consider giving us a second chance to impress you. Contact me directly to arrange any lodging needs and I will see to it personally!

Kind Regards,

Spencer Grobe

Reviewed June 25, 2011

We are a family of four taking our first vacation together. After spending 4 days in Disneyland, we decided to spend 3 days at the beach. We stayed at Ramada Inn in Costa Mesa and were blown away by the fantastic customer service and kindness of the front desk staff. Gavin, Gary, and Tony were so friendly and helpful (and funny).
There are no fancy bells and whistles with the hotel, but there is a pool, a Trader Joe's across the street, and the beach is an easy, quick drive.
Other than the people smoking so close to our room (a non-smoking room) our stay has been great which is due, primarily, to the brilliant front desk guys.

Room Tip: Ask for a room far away from smokers.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
RamadaCostaMesaMgr, Front Desk Lead at Ramada Costa Mesa/Newport Beach, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2011

Thank you for your kind words about your experience at the Ramada Costa Mesa/Newport. I am so glad that the entire staff was so friendly and accomodating, especially Housekeeping. I truly look forward to welcoming you personally on your next visit to the Ramada Costa Mesa/Newport.
Kind regards,

Timothy Scott

Reviewed June 24, 2011

Housekeeping begins their morning at 7 am outside my door ... Loudly... Had a package shipped in.. They signed for it and no one seems to know where it is... just transferred to the next person ... Knows less than the first three... Room rather musty .... They'll sell you a coffee for 2bucks.. In a restaurant that had nothing hot the days I was there... Would I stay again when here with Barrett Jackson... No... Or rather ... NO !

• Stayed: July 2010
Reviewed June 16, 2011

I loved the atmosphere and the environment at this hotel. The hotel staff is courteous to each individual. The food is excellent. The bartenders have a great attitude and greet everyone like they know them individually and personally. The service at this hotel is great in every area.

Room Tip: the best rooms are available all the time
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed June 15, 2011

Loved the bar restaurant! Having washer and dryer was convenient and appreciated for extended staying.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
Hyatt Regency Newport Beach
Hyatt Regency Newport Beach
#7 of 18 in Newport Beach
Holiday Inn Express Newport Beach
Holiday Inn Express Newport Beac...
#15 of 18 in Newport Beach
Residence Inn Costa Mesa Newport Beach

Been to Ramada Costa Mesa/Newport Beach? Share your experiences!