All reviews newport beach room was clean yogurt english muffin stay there again continental breakfast check in was easy booked this hotel freeway gals fairgrounds comfort wake disneyland
Reviewed September 17, 2018 via mobile

Me and my husband had to be in Newport Beach the day after Labor for 5 nights. We had never been to the area before and it was my husband's first time to California. I think of it as a motel because It does look old fashioned but definitely with a modern flair. We needed something not too expensive and it was a good price for Southern California. It was exactly as it appeared online. Our room was lst floor in the back. The front desk let us pick and we wanted to be as far away as possible from the freeway noise. I thought our room was super cool, modern and had everything we needed. I loved the bathroom and especially thought the tile was so nice. Breakfast was good and sufficient. They didn't offer waffles but I loved the eggs and sausage patties. They also had English muffins, cereal, sweet muffins, yogurt, juices, fruit and coffee. And although it was the same every morning it was still good. The staff was super friendly and always hard working. My husband likes to leave the cleaning gals a few dollars each morning for their efforts. We also would ask for some extra toiletries and such and they always came through. They have a little bar in thr lobby, the same area as breakfast. They offer only beer and wine and have a bogo from 5-7 each day. The only negatives about BLVD.were the parking lot practically every morning would have trash, beer cans and fast food bags in it. This is not the hotels fault, just inconsiderate people I guess. We had a few issues with 2-3 wake up calls from previous guests that woke us but the worse problem by far was the guests next to us. I won't be rude because it was an unfortunate incident as an elderly couple had some medical issues which caused us to have to move rooms at 1:30 am. on our 3rd night. Again, this was no fault of the hotel and they did everything they could to help transition us to a new room on the 2nd floor as quickly as possible. They were even kind enough to give us 2 free drinks at the bar. The location, for us was ideal. It was next to a residential part of town that was nice and quiet. We walked to 2 very nice little restaurants that were only a couple of blocks away. I recommend Great Mex and Filomena's for dinner. We thought it was really close to Newport Beach too. Only about a 10 minute drive. In the end we were very happy with our choice and would definitely stay there again.

Stayed: September 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed September 10, 2018 via mobile

This is a great motel

Friendly and helpful staff. The rooms are a good size and look like they have recently been refurbished in a trendy decor.

There is a busy road close by however we did not hear it while sleeping.

Good complimentary breakfast and coffee.

We would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: September 2018, traveled as a couple
Michelle R, General Manager at BLVD Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2018

Thank you for your positive review KiwiFlashpackers. I am so glad to see that you had a wonderful stay that was accommodated with great customer service and our newly renovated rooms and decor. I am happy you were able to take advantage of our breakfast and other hotel amenities. We hope to see you again the next time you are in Costa Mesa.

Reviewed September 4, 2018 via mobile

It looks clean at first glance but if you have white socks on they will be black by morning. The staff needs to clean better for the price of the room. The staff at front is friendly. The rooms are decorated nicely. The pool was pretty clean.

Stayed: September 2018, traveled with family
Michelle R, General Manager at BLVD Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2018

Peggy I would like to apologize that the hotel did not meet your expectations. We are an exterior property so on windy days it is possible that some dirt did go underneath the doors, but I can guarantee you that my staff cleans the rooms up to the ChoiceHotels standards. We are going to be installing door stoppers to the room to prevent dirt from outside from entering the rooms so future guest would have a memorable stay with us. I am glad to see that you were pleased with our hotel staff and we hope that you would consider staying with us again the next time you are in Costa Mesa.

Reviewed July 22, 2018

We chose this property as it was close to the hospital, where I was having surgery early the next day. The person checking us in was polite and friendly. There was a small bar located off of the lobby and talk of Happy Hour. The housekeeper was pleasant when I requested more towels for the room. The property itself wasn't overly impressive, as it seemed pretty compact, but we were very pleased with the room we got on the first floor. The king sized bed was comfortable, and we had no complaints. My partner stayed for a second night and enjoyed the complimentary breakfast. I never did go to see the swimming pool, which was a short distance beyond our room. The room was more expensive than we would have liked, but considering the area, it was par for the course. I would stay here again if I needed to stay close to the hospital again.

• Stayed: June 2018, traveled as a couple

Dear Dolly49nut,

Thank you so much for your positive review. I am so glad to see that my staff was able to provide you and your partner with excellent customer service, that you were pleased with our rooms, breakfast and hotel amenities. During the summer our prices do increase because of the Orange County Fair that is happening at the fair grounds about 15 minutes away from us. We do hope to see you again the next time you are in Costa Mesa.

Reviewed July 16, 2018

First the Pros... great breakfast, wonderful updated bathrooms, modern decor. Pillows looked lumpy but were super comfy. Location is near restaurants and the fairgrounds
Now the Cons...I made my reservation months ahead of time. Specifically requested a ground floor room as my hubby and my self have knee problems. We arrive about 5:30 p - so not so late at night that all the rooms were occupied. No ground floor room is available. When I pointed out I requested it months earlier , she looked again and appeared surprised that it was actually written in the reservation. Then she asked did we want to proceed with the check in or look for another motel. No attemp to help. No offer to assist with the bags. No indications that they cared about our business in anyway. We have been Choice reward members for years.. this is unacceptable. Then after lugging our bags up the flight of stairs, no signs as to which way to go.
Additionally, the walls were very thin and our neighbors were laughing and watching TV until after 3:30a. I finally put in my ear plugs and was able to get some sleep.
If you are loyal to Choice hotels, I recommend the one in Santa Ana. It’s a bit farther out, but much more accommodating.
If management is reading this, please do not insult me with a standard form letter that does not address my concerns. I suggest training in noting special requests and assigning rooms in addition to making your guests feel welcome.

Stayed: July 2018