Avenue of the Arts Costa Mesa, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel
Ranked #1 of 23 Hotels in Costa Mesa
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed February 3, 2014

I stayed at the Avenue of the Arts Wyndham Hotel a couple of times recently, and found it to be an outstanding hotel. The service was first rate and the rooms were comfortable and well appointed.

The only caveat is that the attached restaurant has a limited menu, and the nearest alternatives are a few blocks away. Still, with the weather such as it is, walking to the nearby shops and restaurants was no bother (provided you're not in a hurry).

I also had a door to an adjoining room during one of my stays, and I could hear the conversation next door as if it was in the room with me. That was a little annoying.

1  Thank William S
Sloan S, Front Office Manager at Avenue of the Arts Costa Mesa, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2014

Good afternoon,

First, I would like to thank you for your repeat business and for taking the time to share your experience with other travelers on Trip Advisor. We are thrilled that our guest service team has much such an impact on your stays and we thank you for your patience as we continue on our road to perfection. The feedback you outlined in your review has been well received by our departments heads and actions steps are being formulated to add more items to the menu and to limit the noise disturbance in connecting rooms. For your time, and for the valuable feedback we thank you. Warm regards,

Reviewed February 1, 2014

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Sally K

Reviewed January 31, 2014

After staying at this hotel in the past I couldn't wait to come back. The staff was just as friendly and helpful as the first time. After traveling all day with young ones we were exhausted! The fantastic service started with the bell man who was out front waiting to greet us and ready to unload and take our bags. The front desk staff was amazing. Once they saw how tired our kids were they quickly got us into our room with NO HASSLE. Every time you walk through the lobby you are greeted and asked if there is anything they can assist you with. This hotel is like any other and I will ALWAYS come back!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family

Good afternoon,

We are ecstatic that our property is a perfect fit for your family, and it is wonderful our team has made such a great impression on you. We train all of our guest service team members to make a personal connection with our guests, and we strive to offer a level of service that is unparalleled in the area. We hope to see you again soon, and please feel free to reach out to me directly if I can be of any assistance. Warm regards,

Reviewed January 31, 2014

I travel to OC all throughout the year for work. Up until I discovered this property I'd had what I consider fairly standard travel experiences.

Late last fall I started visiting this property, and from my first visit on I was beyond impressed, and I can't think of a single negative thing I can say about the Hotel.

See below for specifics.

Staff - Incredibly professional, courteous, helpful, and genuinely passionate about delivering a world class experience. In particular Richie the Manager is incredibly helpful and doesn't hesitate to go the extra mile for guests. Daniel who frequently works the front desk always has a smile on his face, and since my very first stay has never forgotten my name. You can buy his type of genuineness.

Facilities/Rooms - Very modern, Hardwoood floors, Huge Showers(Water Pressure is perfect), and wonderfully comfortable beds. The hotel overlooks a beautiful Man-made Pond, which frequently teams with ducks. Additionally the water area is surrounded by walkways, which at night are highlighted by Torches.

Restaurant - The Silver Trumpet is staffed with a great group of Severs who always make me feel welcome, and they never hesitate to work with the chef to accommodate my dietary needs(Vegan Diet).

Location - Almost Directly across from South Coast Mall. Across the street is the theater and Opera, and there is a lighted path you can easily use to visit the mall(Walking Bridge spans Highway) .

I really can't say enough good things about these guys. Don't hesitate to give them a go.

My ATF in OC.

Room Tip: Ask for a Lake View room
2  Thank MGR706

Good afternoon,

Reading your review truly warms our hearts. Nothing brings us greater pleasure than making our guests feel at home away from home. Thank you for your repeat business and we hope to see you again soon. Please reach out to me directly upon your next visit so I can ensure you are taken care of as family. I hope to hear from you soon. Warm regards,

1  Thank Greg M

1  Thank Mike S

Reviewed January 31, 2014

The hotel was wonderful and SO accommodating for the entire Whisperings event. The staff was very helpful, friendly and kind. Rooms were beautiful and comfortable. Unfortunately, we had to fly out after only 1 night. I could have spent the whole week there! The grounds are beautiful and lend themselves to quiet relaxation and cozy conversations with friends new and old.

Good afternoon,

We are thrilled you had a wonderful stay and we enjoyed having you as our guest. We hope to be your choice in accommodations when visiting the area again; perhaps for the whole week ;). Warm regards,